How should I deal with other religions
Like Muslims and such
My question is this how did Jesus handle and deal with people like this
You might get the wrong impression
That as a Christians I'm quick to judge him or her because of there  beliefs
I have this person you could say
That seems really cool and down to earth
But is always trying to convince me that I should switch my opinion
Always talking about how his or her faith have made that individual a better person 
I can see they truly believe this
I can't help but feel that this person is little misguided about going about doing it
All that person does is talk about Muhammad all the time
I can truly believe they see they their relationship with there faith is bettering the world
I'm having a hard time getting it
I'm trying to gauge how I should deal with this person in question?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Ask God to fill you with His compassion for that persona as a person who is lost and deceived.  Then ask Him to make you as wise as serpents and as harmless as doves.  Then read your Bible daily.

Eph 6:10  Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.

Eph 6:11  Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.

Eph 6:12  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

Eph 6:13  Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.

Eph 6:14  Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, (in Christ)

Eph 6:15  and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace.

Eph 6:16  In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one;

Eph 6:17  and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,

Eph 6:18  praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,

When my husband wasn't saved I would pray silently whenever I talked with Him.  God gave me strength and wisdom in answering him, strong faith and joy in the midst of heartbreak.  I prayed that God would open his eyes to the truth and that the lies of satan would be exposed for what they are.  

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,857
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

You deal with them in love and kindness, first of all. But be firm. Continue to study the Bible daily. Pray daily that God will use you as His mouthpiece, to say what He wants you to say. He knows what this person needs to hear and will give you the right words.

I would also suggest doing some serious studying about the truth of Islam. It is a corrupt amalgamation of several religions, one of them being Christianity. Muhammad was a brutal warlord and criminal. There's no shortage of good information on Youtube and elsewhere online.

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 10/30/2018 at 11:33 PM, JustJoe1980 said:

I'm struggling with this dilemma about faith
As I look back at scripture
I tried to find an answer I'm looking for
Maybe I'm not looking hard enough
I'm having a hard time finding out
How should I deal with other religions
Like Muslims and such
My question is this how did Jesus handle and deal with people like this
You might get the wrong impression
That as a Christians I'm quick to judge him or her because of there  beliefs
I have this person you could say
That seems really cool and down to earth
But is always trying to convince me that I should switch my opinion
Always talking about how his or her faith have made that individual a better person 
I can see they truly believe this
I can't help but feel that this person is little misguided about going about doing it
All that person does is talk about Muhammad all the time
I can truly believe they see they their relationship with there faith is bettering the world
I'm having a hard time getting it
I'm trying to gauge how I should deal with this person in question?

First, love your neighbor as yourself.   Treat others as you would have them treat you.  Following are some things that you might discuss with your friend as you are led by the Holy Spirit.

Muslims have no assurance that they will get to Paradise when they die.   They try to do many good works in order to balance out their bad deeds or sins.  But even then they are not sure what their destination will be after death!   It is a works oriented religion, as all other religions are, except for our faith in Christ.

I would stress that God is totally holy and cannot stand sin in His presence!   Even though we might try to be holy, our goodness before the holy God is still like a filthy rag.    So this is why we all need Christ as our Savior....because He was sinless and therefore could be the perfect sacrifice for our sins.  In placing our faith on Christ, He takes our sins and gives us His righteousness.   We are also born again from above.   

Stress the importance of the Virgin Birth....this is why Christ not only has a human nature, but also the divine nature.  Muslims believe in the Virgin Birth....so you can explain why it was needed, so that Christ was born sinless and could be the perfect sacrifice for our sins.

Also, it's important to stress that Christ rose from the dead and is now interceding for us.   Christ overcame sin, death and the devil.   I read that a certain Muslim was very impressed when he realized that Christ rose from the dead.

Also, stress we believe in One God but revealed in three persons.  It's a mystery but God is totally above our thoughts and ways.

The above are just some ideas for you....pray for the Holy Spirit's leading in how to talk with your friend.

• Thumbs Up 1