• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 hours ago, Yowm said:

You don't think God has raised up teachers as part of the Body of Christ? Or are we all a mouth? A foot? An eye? Etc..

OH yes ,     for sure their are teachers .     YES I fully agree.      TEST them all  , I say , cause the ones I keep testing ,  largely fall short .

BUT their are some good HOLY SPIRIT filled teachers still around .    

• Group:  Mars Hill

6 hours ago, Butero said:

If what you are saying is true, nearly every person who reads the Bible is using hermeneutics without having any diagrams or knowing any rules.  They do it automatically by simply trying to understand the Bible, so why do we need charts or laws of interpretation if we are doing it already?  I have never knowingly followed a system of hermeneutics because until Shiloh kept throwing the word around, I didn't know what it was, yet everyone keeps saying I am using it without realizing it.  That brings up the question as to who is not using hermeneutics?  I would imagine there may be some, but I can't think of many in my circle of friends.  

I am simply going to say this and leave on this note .    GOD inspired those letters ,  HIS SPIRIT inspired paul and those men .     SO ALL I NEED is that SAME SPIRIT .

THE SPIRIT knows .     IT KNOWS .     AND  I fully , with all the heart believe ,   IF a humble child is in need of wisdom , understanding ,   knowledge ,

ITS ONLY A PRAYER AWAY .   GOD desires what is best for us .   not men  .   GOD .    SO I TRUST HIM .      NOW THROW THOSE HANDS UP AND DO A TRIPLE PRAISE TO THE LORD .

Why do I need cleverly devised techniques ,  WHEN ALL I NEED IS THE SPIRIT .    TRUST whom ye will this day , AS FOR ME , ITS GOD , ITS HIS SPIRIT .  

6 hours ago, *Pumpkin* said:

Paul made it very clear that even if one understands all knowledge and mysteries (including scripture) -- can move mountains, has all faith . . . and does NOT have LOVE (Grk. agape; i.e., "divine and sacrificial love") . . . then he/she has NOTHING (1 Cor. 13:2). The very next verse in context of that passage sums it all up: This type of "love" is long-suffering, kind, is not envious, and puts others "before" themselves, etc.  Some of the other Christian message boards are a complete mess; and nobody wants to submit to the Truth even when it is presented in an irrefutable manner. 1 Peter 3:15 commands us to give an "answer" (Grk. apologia -- where we get "apologetics" from) to anyone who asks us why we are Christians with "meekness" and "godly" reverence. There are several reasons as to why most Christian online communities are in such a mess (Note: not this one as far as I can tell; you guys are awesome!), and they are:

• 1. Their mind is already made up; so no amount of truth can change their scriptural viewpoint.
  • 2. Pride. Most people do NOT want to admit that they are in the "wrong" -- especially if they feel that they are to be held to a "higher" standard.
  • 3. They have been indoctrinated by clever, deceitful false teachers who are adroit at twisting and perverting scripture as Satan had done when he was tempting Jesus -- and failed miserably!
  • 4. They are completely "devoid" of any fruits of the Spirit (i.e., "love, joy, peace, gentleness") -- so the one who is to be rebuked for their false teachings will not submit to the truth regardless, because all they see is a self-professed "Christian" who is a BAD example at best.
  • 5. Said person doing the debating has NOT done their "home work". They are not "workmen" approved by God who knows how to "rightly divide" the TRUTH (2 Tim. 2:15).

I make it a personal habit to "pray" every time before I open up my Bible; and before I engage in any discussion with another Christian who may be on the wayward path -- or has not matured enough spiritually to undersand such precious truth's contained in Scripture. We need to care for these younger brothers and sisters in Christ, and nurse them by first giving them the "milk" of the Word. We are to do this with meekness, love, gentleness and humility. I can honestly say that I do not always pass the test, and we are all in this same "boat" in this journey of life -- and we are just passing through. Moreover, we are to instruct others and to do it heartily for the LORD -- and not to win approval from men (Col. 3:1).

In closing:

Nobody is correct in every single truth contained in scripture. And nobody is NEVER wrong at some point or another; and such mentality of those who believe that they are never wrong is evident that this person is puffed-up, self-centered, and is deceiving himself or herself. This type of person will never increase in wisdom and knowledge according to the Bible; because they feel as if they have "arrived", and cannot be taught any thing more than what they already know (i.e., "everything" about the Word of God.). These people are ever learning, but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth (2 Tim. 3:7). And lastly: straining at gnats that only sow discord, and not focusing on the essentials of the Christian doctrines only hinders the spiritual progress of those who are truly desiring to do so; and such is to be done with humility, patience, and love (cf. Acts 19:9; Rom. 14:1; 1 Cor. 14:26; 2 Cor. 12:20; Col. 2:1-23; 2 Tim. 2:14; 3:16; 4:2; 1 Thess. 2:13; Tit. 2:7; 3:9; Jude 1:3; et al.). Hope this helps!

In Christ, *Pumpkin*

Pumpkin ,  I don't care what ROME would say about ya ,   OL frienduff loves ya .  YOU THROW THOSE HANDS UP and JUST LEAP UP and REJOICE IN and PRAISE THE LORD .   

OH HE IS WORTHY of all praise .   JUST JOY in the LORD .   HE IS WHO WE ALL NEED and at all times .     

• Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, Christine said:

Hello again,

The opening lines of a poem by Rudyard Kipling, entitled, 'I Keep Six Honest Serving Men', are used as a teaching aid: and are appropriate to the question of the thread, because they stay the mind upon the facts presented in God's Word, and prevent the mind from straying into conjecture and vain imaginings:-

'I Keep six honest serving-men
(they taught me all I knew),
Their names are, 'What' and 'Why' and 'When',
And 'How' and 'Where' and 'Who'.'

In Christ Jesus

Chris

WELL dear sister ,  YOU ARE LOVED .      I GOT FIVE in one .       J       E        S           U          S.         AND cant anyone argue with that . HE IS WHOM I DIRELY NEED AT ALL TIMES .

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

^^^ I love you too, my Brother in Christ!

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,771
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

39 minutes ago, Butero said:

I can appreciate you have a belief we need a specific method of Bible interpretation, but the Bible never tells us that is so.  Since the Bible does not endorse your methods, it is a personal decision as to use them.  We could use none, a modified version of what you use, or come up with something entirely different, like my personal choice to go verse by verse, look for basic context, look up other related scriptures, and know basic definitions from Strong's  Dictionary.  I stick with the KJV Bible, and seek the Holy Spirit's guidance.  I don't trust extra-Biblical books about church history, so I give them very little weight, and I refuse commentaries disguised as a Dictionary.  

This is an individual decision for the judgment will be with individual to Jesus

2 Cor 5:11

11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.
KJV

The decision will lead:
either here
2 Cor 5:10

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

KJV

or here

Rev 20:11-15

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
KJV

Certainly I didn't know will not be able to utter out of their mouths because of This

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

Rom 1:20

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
KJV
If God expresses His judgment from His Spoken Word so there is no excuse... how much more so with what He has written down....

5 minutes ago, Butero said:

That is why we need to take understanding the Bible serious.  On this it seems we can find common ground.  :thumbsup:

Yes that is why Jesus gave His Life examples at the temptations... if God's Word is not more to us then our necessary food we have work to do on ourselves! In fact according to the whole council of God - His Word must mean more to us than anything of the 1st created instance... which is literally anything we have experienced from birth to death!

Edited by enoob57

George has helped me a lot along those lines... I am thankful for His life's witness to me :thumbsup: 

• Praise God! 1

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 3:07 PM, *Pumpkin* said:

^^^ I love you too, my Brother in Christ!

That's right , pumpkin ,  YOU raise those hands AND JUST PRAISE THE LORD , FOR HE IS WORTHY .