IGNORED

How to remain sensible in debate

enoob57

3 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

I find it disconcerting that the objective study of God's Word is deciphered by you as of the devil and demonic... you will simply have to deal with this in your own heart. How do you think theology is arrived at anyway?

Verse by verse with the help of the Holy Spirit, the one who leads us into all truth.   

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  55
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/28/1980

6 minutes ago, Butero said:

Verse by verse with the help of the Holy Spirit, the one who leads us into all truth.   

The truth is very genuine

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

If it seems good unto man to learn of men ,   JUDGE YE ,  but as for me ,  I WILL RELY on the ONLY ONE NEEDED TO UNDERSTAND THE WORD OF GOD ,    THE SPIRIT .

SEE how simple that is butero .      Yet watch how mocked it is .

THEY can keep they hermeneutics ,    I seen the damage it has done .    AS FOR ME ,    I WILL SPEAK by the SPIRIT ,  for the SPIRIT WORD FATHER are one .

AND THE SPIRIT is all one needs to UNDERSTAND the WORD .    GOD GIVES UNDERSTANDING to little children , but makes foolish the wisdom of men . 

So could you show me how God instructs us to test the spirits? Do we test the spirits with the spirits?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

2 hours ago, enoob57 said:

This is a good place to start … when was this said and to whom and what was the surrounding circumstances! As what has been stated as a today thing ( If I understand correctly ) your post is incorrect according to the intent of the Scripture: 

Mark 13:11
11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
KJV

This was specific to His Disciples for the New Testament was being formed through them and was not yet put in place as a guide by which The Holy Spirit would instruct us through the objective format of His written Word... Now presently we have that completed work and by study, memorization of we can speak as it is written to others... for with it we have the promise of God in doing so

Many times when I have noticed mormons coming to my door I have prayed a "quickie"" Lord, give me the words" and trusted Him to give me what they need to hear to soften their hearts and enlighten them to the truth.  Sometimes it has been a testimony, other times it has been verses.  Of course those verses were brought to mind by the Holy Spirit after decades of studying God's word.  But these things are spontaneous and cannot be rehearsed beforehand as the cults are trained to do.  They are also given in the spirit of kindness and love.  

The arguing that goes on in some of our Worthy threads will never win souls and rarely changes the opponent's mind.  They are largely fueled by a contentious desire to "win" a debate and sometimes with a bit of arrogance.  This leads to putting the other person down with cheap shots.  It certainly does not glorify Christ or even serve Him.   

So our words need to be seasoned with prayer.  We need to constantly check our own attitudes and be subject to God's wisdom. 

2Ti 2:24 And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil,  2Ti 2:25 correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth,  2Ti 2:26 and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

Pro 16:22  Understanding is a wellspring of life to those who have it, but to give instruction to fools is folly.

Pro 16:23  The mind of the wise instructs his mouth, and adds learning and persuasiveness to his lips.

Pro 16:24  Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the mind and healing to the body.

Pro 26:20  For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer (slanderer) quarreling ceases.

Pro 26:21  As charcoal to hot embers and wood to fire, so is a quarrelsome man for kindling strife.

Pro 15:18  A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger appeases contention.

Pro 16:27  A worthless man devises and digs up mischief, and in his lips there is as a scorching fire.

Pro 16:28  A perverse man sows strife, and a whisperer (slanderer) separates close friends. [Pro 17:9]

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, Willa said:

Many times when I have noticed mormons coming to my door I have prayed a "quickie"" Lord, give me the words" and trusted Him to give me what they need to hear to soften their hearts and enlighten them to the truth.  Sometimes it has been a testimony, other times it has been verses.  Of course those verses were brought to mind by the Holy Spirit after decades of studying God's word.  But these things are spontaneous and cannot be rehearsed beforehand as the cults are trained to do.  They are also given in the spirit of kindness and love.  

The arguing that goes on in some of our Worthy threads will never win souls and rarely changes the opponent's mind.  They are largely fueled by a contentious desire to "win" a debate and sometimes with a bit of arrogance.  This leads to putting the other person down with cheap shots.  It certainly does not glorify Christ or even serve Him.   

So our words need to be seasoned with prayer.  We need to constantly check our own attitudes and be subject to God's wisdom. 

2Ti 2:24 And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil,  2Ti 2:25 correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth,  2Ti 2:26 and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

Pro 16:22  Understanding is a wellspring of life to those who have it, but to give instruction to fools is folly.

Pro 16:23  The mind of the wise instructs his mouth, and adds learning and persuasiveness to his lips.

Pro 16:24  Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, sweet to the mind and healing to the body.

Pro 26:20  For lack of wood the fire goes out, and where there is no whisperer (slanderer) quarreling ceases.

Pro 26:21  As charcoal to hot embers and wood to fire, so is a quarrelsome man for kindling strife.

Pro 15:18  A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger appeases contention.

Pro 16:27  A worthless man devises and digs up mischief, and in his lips there is as a scorching fire.

Pro 16:28  A perverse man sows strife, and a whisperer (slanderer) separates close friends. [Pro 17:9]

a good admonition to myself.... Love ya, Sis 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

On 10/31/2018 at 6:12 PM, enoob57 said:

a good admonition to myself.... Love ya, Sis 

lol.  You know I commonly preach to myself.

• Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:25 PM, enoob57 said:

So could you show me how God instructs us to test the spirits? Do we test the spirits with the spirits?

I wouldn't look to Hermes to test the spirits!  

The Bible is not so difficult that we need a complicated system named after an idol god to understand it.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 minutes ago, Butero said:

I wouldn't look to Hermes to test the spirits!  

The Bible is not so difficult that we need a complicated system named after an idol god to understand it.  

Well the pope wont be happy with you nor tons of men either .    BUT so be it .     The plain truth is , no matter how well learned one is in mens wisdom

the wisdom of men cannot reveal the simple truth and understanding of the bible .   ONLY THE SPIRIT CAN .    I mean the bible was inspired BY GOD .

AND GOD is SPIRIT .    How else can one understand the bible ,  lest BY THE SPIRIT .    And unless one is born again , FAITH in CHRIST , 

they at most will understand only enough to make them Feel saved .   I notice through the wisdom of men , always scripture is twisted to suit what ,,,,, mens teachings

mens carnal thoughts , mens agendas .     Exactly .    Feast on the bible and learn from the SPIRIT .   

The dangerous thing I seen about these hermeneutics ,    is they contain only enough truth to make them dangerous .

How so ,     I seen men use them to OMIT what is said in HEBREWS ,   PETER ,   and scores of other places .

NOW WHY ON EARTH would we want to do that .     Lest it be to FEEL saved .     Remember the flesh don't like what is contrary to IT .

and the flesh does not desire the change of GOD , thus it will create another image of GOD that allows it to be served .

I cannot see how saying ONE MUST continue IN JESUS faithful to the end ,   has now become so terrifying to men they have shut their ears to it .

WHEN its such a blessing to KNOW and feast of every word that was and is , INSPIRED BY GOD .   I mean its all for our good and as honey to the taste .

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 4:25 PM, enoob57 said:

We test the spirits , BY THE SPIRIT and BY THE WORD and words of GOD .    WE don't test the spirits by the hermuentics of man .

Don't ya know , has it not been said ,  man is fallible and his ways must be tested .     WHEN men come along and use  the ol ya gotta take it in context

and it does agree with the rightly divided scrips ,  ITS GOOD ,     but often I see it NOT DOING THAT .   I See it finding a way and ways around

what the scripture PLAINLY SAID .      And they make proud claims in their hermuentics , as though they the god .   

I mean they were writing letters to the churches , not some secrete code .     The letters were inspired by the SPIRIT .   

I seen men take the plainest writings and twist what is simple and make it confusing .  NO wonder many today sit under men who teach things

and make the claim  , OH the bible is too hard to understand .    WELL that is because they twist the plain , making it seem difficult to understand .

If the letters say THEY WERE made partakers OF the HOLY GHOST and tasted OF the world to come and are overcome .     THEN IT MEANS WHAT IT SAYS

ITS when men come along and try and change this ,  NO WONDER the bible is so hard to grasp for so many .  they see what it plainly says

and yet sit under men who twist it and then agree with those men , and then are DEPENDENT ON THESE MEN for teachings .   ITS A SERIOUSLY DANGEROUS thing

many are doing .