IGNORED

How to remain sensible in debate

enoob57

Guest shiloh357
7 minutes ago, Butero said:

They had better sense back then than to see the need to create a complicated list of rules of interpretation.  I am not disputing the existence of written communication.  What we should be asking is how they got by all those years without Hermeneutics, but they did!  

LOL, hermeneutics is as old as written language.   You really don't know what you're talking about when it comes to stuff like this.   

Guest shiloh357
9 hours ago, Butero said:

I have read the Bible, hidden it in my heart, and when someone says something contrary to it, I recognize it.  That is how I measure things, by the Word of God.  I would never consider testing what someone says using a complicated pagan system of interpreting literature!  I just trust that the Spirit of God is our teacher and guide as the Lord said.  I believe Jesus.  

Let's take this conversation for a moment.  How do I test the spirits here?  I know what you are saying is not what Jesus said about how we will come to the truth, so I reject it.  There is nothing complicated here.  

Given the incoherency of your theology, none of the above is even close to being true.   You don't believe the Bible.   You believe "the Bible according to Butero."

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

9 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Is this a test?  :huh:

Got a pop quiz.    so take notes .  

4 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

LOL, hermeneutics is as old as written language.   You really don't know what you're talking about when it comes to stuff like this.   

No it is not.  The history of Hermeneutics can be found at Wikepedia, and I would imagine many other  places as well.  I suppose next you will claim Moses came up with those rules and diagrams?  

Let every man or woman be persuaded in their own mind whether to trust Hermes or the Holy Spirit to lead them into the truth.  

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Butero said:

No it is not.  The history of Hermeneutics can be found at Wikepedia, and I would imagine many other  places as well.  I suppose next you will claim Moses came up with those rules and diagrams?  

Wrong.   Figures of speech, grammar, literary genre, word definitions are as old as language.  That is common to all languages as old as time.   The term "Hermeneutics" as referring to rules of literary analysis is more recent, but the nuts and bolts of what we now call Hermeneutics is as old as the oldest language.   

Again, you don't know what you're talking about (not that you are going to let ignorance get in the way...)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Just now, Butero said:

Let every man or woman be persuaded in their own mind whether to trust Hermes or the Holy Spirit to lead them into the truth.  

LET every man woman and child decide ,   BUT AS FOR ME , ITS THE HOLY SPIRIT .     CHOOSE YE THIS DAY WHOM YE SHALL TRUST ,  men or GOD .

Butas for me , ITS GOD .   ITS THE HOLY SPIRIT .

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, Butero said:

You are definitely led by "a" spirit, but it is not the Holy Spirit.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

Are you two really arguing about a diagram? :43: