• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

... so who wants to start a pool about when the first "Christmas is satanic" thread will be posted?

Like hot chocolate, carols, and sleigh rides, it's just not Christmas without it!  :D

20 minutes ago, John Robinson said:

... so who wants to start a pool about when the first "Christmas is satanic" thread will be posted?

Like hot chocolate, carols, and sleigh rides, it's just not Christmas without it!  :D

I celebrate Christmas each year, but I have never understood why people get upset over threads like that.  If you believe it is okay to celebrate Christmas and want to, do so.  If you think it's Satanic origins makes it unclean, don't celebrate it.  Let everyone be convinced in their own minds, and so what if someone tries to change your mind.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I was against Christmas but no longer and this is why. I know it's a modified version of a pagan holiday but now it has become a time of the year when even hard hearted people soften up a bit. Christmas makes people think about God and it's 1 of the best times to talk of Jesus. So now I like it.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

I think all the weak in faith Christians fall for its satanic line. If they think it's a sin then they need to not celebrate Christmas. As for me it's ok.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, Yowm said:

Tomorrow is Nov 1st.

Isn't that All Saints Day in honor of those Martyrs who went before?

I guess it could be if one wanted to think of it that way.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

4 hours ago, JTC said:

I was against Christmas but no longer and this is why. I know it's a modified version of a pagan holiday but now it has become a time of the year when even hard hearted people soften up a bit. Christmas makes people think about God and it's 1 of the best times to talk of Jesus. So now I like it.

ITS actually a chance to spread Gospel to the world, with songs of Christmas n celebration.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

All Saints' Day for the year 2018 is celebrated/ observed on Thursday, November 1st. It is also the one time only day of remembrance of my being here three quarters of a century. Always celebrated on the first of November each year, All Saints Day celebrates those Saints who are not honored on a special separate day during the year so that they may be honored on this day. 

More information on All Saints' Day. (Dates, Customs and History for All Saints' Day)

How many days to All Saints' Day 2018?

Thursday, November 1st is the 304 day of the 2018 calendar year with 0 days until the celebration/ observance of All Saints' Day 2018.

November 2018 Holidays

Date Holiday Details Days to Go
Nov 1 - Thurs All Saints' Day 2018 Christian Today
Nov 2 - Fri All Souls Day 2018 Christian 1
Nov 4 - Sun Daylight Saving Time - ends 2018 Daylight Saving 3
Nov 7 - Wed Diwali 2018 Hindu 6
Nov 11 - Sun Veterans Day 2018 Federal Holiday 10
Nov 21 - Wed The Prophet's Birthday 2018 Muslim 20
Nov 22 - Thurs Thanksgiving Day 2018 Federal Holiday 21
Nov 23 - Fri Black Friday 2018 Observance 22
Nov 26 - Mon Cyber Monday 2018 Observance 2
Edited by Neighbor

I celebrate Christmas on my terms. For me it means church and prayer. Good food, thoughtful presentscetc. Goodwill and kindness to all. It is first and foremost acknowledgment of Christ's birth, no matter when exactly as that is unknown. He came to us. That is the joy. 

The rest of it matters not. Lots of nonsense goes on but it is nothing to me. I worship our Lord's birth and the glorious significance. I love to hear carols, choirs and the pure prayers. Take from it what you need, same as i do with church. Select what matters, disregard the actions of unbelievers and their versions of christmas. 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

On 10/31/2018 at 8:22 AM, Yowm said:

Tomorrow is Nov 1st.

Isn't that All Saints Day in honor of those Martyrs who went before?

Yep! No work today!  It's a holiday for us, that's why I'm here instead of at work...  Lord Bless

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

Way back when, before Jesus, I volunteered to answered a crisis/intervention hotline, starting in the first week of December the number of suicide calls we received increased significantly, at the same time Father was drawing me to His Son for salvation, I was starting to realize the ONLY answer for these callers was Jesus, the ONLY subject would could NOT talk about, my last call, a week before Christmas, was from a disabled police officer who called just talk to someone, he had a bullet lodged next to his spinal column that was inoperable and was in excruciating pain, I tried all of the "hooks" we used but all to no avail, he said he knew I was starting a trace on his call and how much time it took and would hang up shortly, and he did..., he just wanted a stranger to talk to, to say goodbye because he couldn't tell his wife or children, I'm certain he committed suicide, ...I walked away from Hotline and never went back, I was haunted by that call for the next 7 months until in July I bowed my knee to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.                                                                                                                                                                    Brothers and sisters, the same demonic mindset is trying to stop us today from talking about our Jesus, Christmas is Jesus and Jesus is the reason for the season, for us, ...not the celebration of saturnalia, I often wonder if I had broken the rule and told him about Jesus..., may I humbly suggest we pray and ask the Lord to bring someone hurting or some hurting family into our lives this Christmas season, I know for some of us the Lord has blessed us and with all of the food we prepare there is enough room at the table for an extra chair or two, ...and those that He has given enough for just one day, maybe it's an opportunity to share the Love/Bounty of Christ, ...Christmas is a time for my wife and I to celebrate the birth of our Savior, but at the same time we are looking for someone to share it with.  Lord Bless  

Edited by JustPassingThru
spacing?
  • Loved it! 1
  • Thanks 1