JoeCanada

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

The Timing of Christ's Return and Why it Matters

Dawn of a New Day is an exciting new series of eight short, 10-minute videos which may offer the most up-to-date, convincing, and scripturally-sound arguments ever assembled regarding the Tribulation, Rapture timing, God’s Wrath, and preparing for Christ’s return. Many of us have based our understanding of End Time Events on long- outdated and disproven ideas. This video series will inspire you to consider new evidence.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I went to You Tube and watched this entire series. It was good and interesting. But I still don't see why it matters what a person believes concerning the rapture. IMO the main reason it would matter is to avoid arguing over it. But a person's beliefs on the rapture don't effect his salvation in any way except that he might get angry and be lead into sinning. It's important that as a Christian we're always showing the fruits of the spirit and anger is not one of them.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

On 11/1/2018 at 11:50 AM, JTC said:

I went to You Tube and watched this entire series. It was good and interesting. But I still don't see why it matters what a person believes concerning the rapture. IMO the main reason it would matter is to avoid arguing over it. But a person's beliefs on the rapture don't effect his salvation in any way except that he might get angry and be lead into sinning. It's important that as a Christian we're always showing the fruits of the spirit and anger is not one of them.

James 1:19

" This you know, my beloved brethren But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger;"

Matt 10

"Don't imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword."

Ephesians 4

"In your anger do not sin: Don’t let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. "

Anger is not wrong as long as it's directed at a specific and narrow circumstance and is held in control.

God gets angry. Jesus gets angry. We are made in His image. We must strive for control of ourselves, not denial of ourselves or our origins. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 11/4/2018 at 5:17 AM, Diaste said:

God gets angry. Jesus gets angry. We are made in His image. We must strive for control of ourselves, not denial of ourselves or our origins.

Yes of course. But usually anger gets out of control. Even here on a board that's supposed to be Christian too often the Mods have to close or delete threads due to anger. So better to not get angry. But what does this have to do with when Jesus will be back. We can't know this. I hope it's in the next 5 minutes but I doubt that and it has nothing to do with salvation.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,627
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, JTC said:

Yes of course. But usually anger gets out of control. Even here on a board that's supposed to be Christian too often the Mods have to close or delete threads due to anger. So better to not get angry. But what does this have to do with when Jesus will be back. We can't know this. I hope it's in the next 5 minutes but I doubt that and it has nothing to do with salvation.

I don't know, I just like to remind people that we are...people. Our emotions are not wrong as long as we are in control.

I think it does have a great deal to do with salvation. The timing of Jesus return certainly divides the brethren. Maybe by design. Maybe the ones who have their own truth will have salvation in doubt. Maybe they are weak in the Spirit. What if a weaker brother or sister believes the rapture is pretrib but the gathering is actually after GT? A person could then be in great danger. 

It's been a speculation of mine.