• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hello! I need an advice from everybody!

I am in love with my Youth Pastor.. it's a one-sided love.. He is single and so am I. He just broke up with his girlfriend because they have different visions in their ministries (but the girl is not from our church and she's a missionary).. even before they were together and broke up, he was and still is a distraction to me.. I cant concentrate to my ministry and to the Lord.. I always get conscious whenever he's there.. I thought I already get over him.. I thought my feelings for him were gone.. I prayed and cried out for it to God but everytime I see him, the feelings came back and once again, I cant focus anymore.. 

I always thought of leaving the church because of him but I know it is a very lame reason.. 

And one thing that makes my feelings grow is that he make a lot of moves for me to think that he likes me as well..

Please help me.. maybe for you, this is just a small thing to make it a problem but it is so a big thing for me because of it, my christian life will be at risk.. 

THANKS.. Shalom!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

What kind of friendship have you achieved with him?  Do you feel extremely comfortable with him like you have been best of friends since you were 10?  Do you work together well as a team?  If not you may only be attracted to him or infatuated with him.  God's love is selfless, compassionate and giving, doing what is best for the other person.  

What is your ministry in the church, may I ask?   Does it require that you work closely with him?  Just curious.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  04/17/1958

Cess, Have thought maybe you ought to maybe discuss it with him? I'm sorry, but I can be dumber than a box of rocks and think on simple terms.

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

old, grey, pot bellied, full of wrinkles and maybe a bit smelly

That advice coming from me: an old, grey, pot bellied, full of wrinkles and maybe a bit smelly sorta guy...

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

It seems to be the way of most flesh and marriage counseling should include this.

Well, not exactly pot bellied!

On 11/1/2018 at 9:51 PM, Yowm said:

Hi Cess, welcome to Worthy.

He is a youth pastor now, probably young and vibrant himself, but picture him in a few years old, grey, pot bellied, full of wrinkles and maybe a bit smelly ...if you still desire him, then continue committing the matter to the Lord.  :)

Hi.. um, well, he's already a youth pastor even before I came in to the church.. and honestly, he's getting fat now but I still like him.. ???

On 11/2/2018 at 1:45 AM, Willa said:

What kind of friendship have you achieved with him?  Do you feel extremely comfortable with him like you have been best of friends since you were 10?  Do you work together well as a team?  If not you may only be attracted to him or infatuated with him.  God's love is selfless, compassionate and giving, doing what is best for the other person.  

What is your ministry in the church, may I ask?   Does it require that you work closely with him?  Just curious.

I have seen him before when we were high school but we were not really friends.. now that we are in the same church, um, we're not really that close friends but little by little, I am comfortable talking to him unlike before..

I am a worship leader in our church.. and no, it does not require working closely with him.. 

But um, I dont know if it is really just an infatuation because my feelings for him is already two years.. my feelings for him compare to any guys that I like before is so different.. 

On 11/2/2018 at 2:06 AM, S.C.1 said:

Cess, Have thought maybe you ought to maybe discuss it with him? I'm sorry, but I can be dumber than a box of rocks and think on simple terms.

I dont think I could do discussing it with him.. I mean, that would be really awkward.. HAHA.. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/06/1970

Hi there, welcome to Worthy, nice to meet you!

Proverbs 3:6 New King James Version

In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Hi Cess, I don't think this is a little thing, emotions never are. I'm not quite sure what the problem is? Do you feel you're too young to get seriously involved with a guy, or do you have other plans for your life (such as going away to collage) that a steady relationship would interfere with? I'm asking because you're both Christian and you both seem to like each other, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Whatever it is if you have to leave the church then do that. But first pray about it.

• Thumbs Up 1