• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

19 minutes ago, SisterCess said:

Uhm, I just want to clear things to all of you.. Im not posting this for a love advice but to help me on what to do so I wont get distracted through him.. this youth pastor, became a great distraction to me and because of that, I couldnt focus myself to God, he's always in my mind.. I cant concentrate when Im leading God's people to worship because I always get distracted.. it's hard.. I just want to stop this.. Im scared that satan might be using my feelings to destroy and distract me.. 

Hey Cess, If you can find a way to not be distracted by a guy you like you just may win a Nobel Prize. LOL Seriously we have all been where you are. The best solution is to date the person if that person also likes you. I've read this whole thread and this is why almost all the answers say go out with him if he also likes you. Back in the 1980's I met a girl in a local bar because she was a bartender there. I only saw her for 30 minutes the first night I went in there. I didn't even get her name that first night. But I couldn't get her face out of my mind. I went back there and eventually got her talking to me. The problem became shew only liked me as a brother. I knew her 16 yrs and I also fell in love with her 2 small daughters. For 16 yrs I couldn't get that girl out of my mind. I now haven't seen her since around 2006 but I still think of her. Occasionally I go to her Facebook page but she rarely uses FB. I sent her a friend invitation and she accepted it so now I can leave her messages. I usually wish her a Happy Birthday and then a Merry Christmas. Last yr she said she wanted to talk a bit so I gave her my phone # but she never called me. This is how love and life is.

I wish you good luck getting that guy off your mind. I was never able to do that but perhaps you will.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

On 11/1/2018 at 1:25 PM, SisterCess said:

Hello! I need an advice from everybody!

I am in love with my Youth Pastor.. it's a one-sided love.. He is single and so am I. He just broke up with his girlfriend because they have different visions in their ministries (but the girl is not from our church and she's a missionary).. even before they were together and broke up, he was and still is a distraction to me.. I cant concentrate to my ministry and to the Lord.. I always get conscious whenever he's there.. I thought I already get over him.. I thought my feelings for him were gone.. I prayed and cried out for it to God but everytime I see him, the feelings came back and once again, I cant focus anymore.. 

I always thought of leaving the church because of him but I know it is a very lame reason.. 

And one thing that makes my feelings grow is that he make a lot of moves for me to think that he likes me as well..

Please help me.. maybe for you, this is just a small thing to make it a problem but it is so a big thing for me because of it, my christian life will be at risk.. 

THANKS.. Shalom!

Hello @Sister Cess,

Psalms 73 and 77 both deal with distraction, distractions caused by occupation with others, and with self, and in both cases the answer was to become preoccupied with God.  However, you are a young single woman who has very natural feelings toward a young single man, who shares your faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, which is lovely. 

The Lord knows your heart, he knows how you feel: talk it over with Him, commit your feelings to Him, and ask that His will be done; then just enjoy this young man's company when you have it, and get on with your life.  For if it is the Lord's will that this young man should reciprocate by sharing the same feelings of attachment, then he will.  

Your relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ is not based on the way you feel, but on the promises of God, and is sure and steadfast, and cannot be lost. So smile and perform the function that you occupy within your Christian community with thanksgiving.

You are God's workmanship, so rejoice in Him, and be glad.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour, our Lord and Head.

Chris

Edited by Christine
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, thanks for sharing. This is perfectly natural, as we don't predict "catching feelings" for someone until it actually happens. If you can't eradicate these feelings, would you be willing to change churches? You need to maintain a sound mind when you are consulting with a community member providing a service for you, especially at a spiritual level