• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/1/2018 at 11:50 PM, wingnut- said:

I think maybe you misunderstood what I was getting at, which is my fault for lack of clarity, so let me try to say this in a different way.  The wording in the passage speaks to something deeper than words on a piece of paper.  Hearing the word.  There are people who will get up and go to church on a weekly basis that are not believers, maybe they are going through the motions for any number of reasons, some to appease a spouse, some to appease parents, whatever the reason.  The point is, only those who God enables to hear Him will hear Him, through the Holy Spirit.

Throughout the Old Testament prophets writings you will find numerous examples of God admonishing Israel for not hearing Him, only the faithful remnant would repent and listen to the prophets.  It is a repetitive theme in the Old Testament.  It is also why I said in my opening post to you, that the answer is not a simple yes or no answer, because by all appearances the nation of Israel ( except once again the faithful remnant) are still not hearing Him.  If they heard Him, they would accept that Jesus Christ was and is their Messiah.

Another thing to watch for in the prophecies, is that whenever the prophecy is addressed to Jacob, it is specifically in regards to the direct descendants of Jacob, no one else.  This is true in the chapter in question, and all of the surrounding chapters regarding the same subject.  It is the exact terminology that distinguishes the nation of Israel regarding Jacob's time of trouble, and numerous other examples in scripture.  If you see Jacob addressed in the body of the passage, or specific geographical information in regards to the land Jacob's descendants were promised, it has nothing to do with Gentiles.

God bless

You're absolutely correct. That's why rightly dividing the word of God (dispensation), placing it in correct context of whom the speaker is and whom is the audience, and comparing scripture with scripture is vitally imperative for correct understanding of who, when and where?

Ecclesiastes 1:9 (KJV) The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

I take the above verse and others to mean; history always repeats itself. There are too many figures, types and shadows in scripture to mention of future events going to be closely repeated; Elijah and Enoch the future Rapture of believers, Antiochus / the Antichrist defiling the Temple, etc. 

As far as the 400 years of silence between Testaments; were they actually silent, or were they addressed in prophecy (I.E. the Leopard, Alexander the Great, and other to us now, history)? 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/1/2018 at 12:48 PM, S.C.1 said:

How many have the contention that Amos 8:11-12 had already been fulfilled?

Amos 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord: 8:12 And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it.

Did the word of God actually disappear? Just curious on your thoughts. Not what Doctor so and so had to say on the matter.

There was a period of time from the last old testament prophet until John the baptist. And it's possible that it could also in some ways be speaking about the dark ages when the Catholics had taken the written copies of the new testament away from the common people and taught the traditions of men to them instead.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

Amos 8:11

The key word is "hearing," it's not a famine of the written Word the Bible is the number one bestseller, how many of us have two, or more..., the famine is "hearing" what the Word is saying to an individual, ...ignorance is lack of education, spiritual ignorance is not obeying what you know the Word is saying to you personally, ...first we resist the Holy Spirit's prompting, then we grieve Him until finally we quench Him, ...then we have purposely turned off the phone and we are no longer able to hear Him, vs 12, running to and fro, ...having itching ears to every false prophet, teacher, charlatan they can "listen" to (cotton candy, without and substance or nutrition) and that is when the enemy comes to lead them into his deception and Paul states, ..."maybe" God will grant them repentance.

That doesn't' mean they are lost, condemned forever to the Lake of Fire, it means they go to be with the Lord as a carnal Christian, but at the Bema Seat of Christ their rewards will be few if any, Paul taught on this in his first letter to the Corinthians.