Scott Free

7000 Years of Creation is Incorrect Speculation.

13 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

But your acceptance of evolution flys in the face of Romans 5:12 & 1 Corinthians 15:21, so currently you cannot claim to be a Bible-believing Christian, one.opinion.

Why do you presume to know what I believe about Romans 5:12 and 1 Corinthians 15:21 and how they relate to Genesis? Perhaps you could ask instead of making inaccurate assumptions.

3 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Why do you presume to know what I believe about Romans 5:12 and 1 Corinthians 15:21 and how they relate to Genesis? Perhaps you could ask instead of making inaccurate assumptions.

That may be your opinion but since evolutionism and the verses mentioned are incompatible I am inclined to stand firm on my observation and assertion regarding your current condition, one.opinion. Doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness are inherent in the Word of God, which is why I cite these verses for your chastening.

2 hours ago, Michael37 said:

That may be your opinion but since evolutionism and the verses mentioned are incompatible I am inclined to stand firm on my observation and assertion regarding your current condition, one.opinion.

They are not incompatible. This is what I wrote earlier to another poster:

Hi Marv, I believe that God used evolution as the tool of His creation. I also believe that Adam and Eve were the first humans that God bestowed with His image - not in a physical form, but spiritual. Since science can only be used to look at physical explanations, it cannot preclude a supernatural action of God’s.

Basically, I don't see any reason that evolution would preclude the miraculous action of God in His creation of Adam and Eve. Evolution is limited, as science is in general, to only the physical realm. Science cannot reveal anything about the spiritual realm.

I believe in a literal Adam and Eve, so Romans 5:12 and 1 Corinthians 15.21 do not refute anything I believe.

I encourage you to ask me questions rather than making assumptions that may or may not be true.

Furthermore, I'd like to read your opinion on the list of theological points from Genesis 1-3 I posted previously in this thread.

* God is the one and only Creator.

* God sustains all He has created.

* God made mankind specially, and as a culmination of His creative work.

* God imbued mankind with the ability to commune with Him.

* Mankind chose their own way, instead of God's, and brought sin into the world.

* We are now all sinners and are in need of a Savior in order to re-establish that connection with God.

* God promised that the Savior would come.

3 hours ago, one.opinion said:

They are not incompatible.

Evolutionism and the attempt to reconcile it with the Bible is what is known as Theistic Evolution, which maintains God designed the environment and primordial microbes to evolve into all forms of life over millions of years of mutations and death, resulting eventually in the creation of humankind. The Bible shows that there was no death prior to the disobedience of Adam, so Theistic Evolution is incompatible with the Bible.

The Bible shows that there was no death prior to the disobedience of Adam

The Bible passages that teach about sin and death are clearly referring to the death of humans. God’s original creation included animals that killed each other. the nature of animals was not changed by man’s sin.

3 hours ago, Michael37 said:

Theistic Evolution is incompatible with the Bible.

All ideals about how God created the world are not Biblical. There is nothing in the Bible to be incompatible with. The nature of Adam is the point of biblical debate. The Bible says he was made miraculously, this goes along with his comparability to Jesus Christ.

53 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

The Bible passages that teach about sin and death are clearly referring to the death of humans. God’s original creation included animals that killed each other. the nature of animals was not changed by man’s sin.

God saw that all His Creation was good. Death is God's enemy so not part of Creation pre-fall. The first animal to die was the one God killed to provide coverings for Adam and Eve. Gen 3:21  Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

God saw that all His Creation was good. Death is God's enemy so not part of Creation pre-fall. The first animal to die was the one God killed to provide coverings for Adam and Eve. Gen 3:21  Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

If that works for you, fine. I really do not care. There is a greater challenge facing us.

20 hours ago, one.opinion said:

What do you think of the theological points that I derive from Genesis 1-3 that I posted earlier?

Hi One,

thank you very much for your answer.

The theological points seem to be good! But I'm not a teacher, so I cannot say, but yeah of course: Jesus wants us to be with him (Gen 3:9). I find this is great!

Thank you very much that you backed up your point concerning Mr. Collins. Yes, he gave a testimony. Actually, I'm a musician, unsuccessful though, so I can relate very well to the testimonies given by musicians.

When I turned to Jesus in 2002, my life was in ruins. I couldn't find any sense in my life. Now Jesus gave me a new heart, that's at least what I feel. Now I can find my place in my life and peace.

Thank you for having this debate.

Thomas

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Michael37 said:

The Bible shows that there was no death prior to the disobedience of Adam, so Theistic Evolution is incompatible with the Bible.

Michael, please address the theological points I asked about earlier. I’ll be happy to address the subject of death after that.

• Thumbs Up 1