• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  168
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  394
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1983

Wrap up this Winter - a few ideas 

Look after your body and wrap up snuggly and warm this Winter, your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit:

"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own"
1 Corinthians 6:19 ESV

You lose the most of your body heat through your hands and your head so get gloves and a hat.
Get some good quality fingerless gloves so you can stay warm and use your phone without needing to take them off. Get good quality cycling fingerless gloves as they are thick and nice.

When you get back home, cup your hands under warm water from the sink tap. It is amazing how much this changes your body heat and it feels lovely.

Shalom ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  533
  • Content Count:  32,392
  • Content Per Day:  4.99
  • Days Won:  206
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

warm socks and good shoes are essential as cold wet feet can lead to all sorts of ill health and are miserable 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

A good rule of thumb: The closer it is, the warmer it is. It's good to have an adjustable coat so you can either tighten or loosen it according to your needs. Hoods work poorly if you're walking into the wind, so a hat that covers your ears is preferabble.

Also, do you have trouble walking across an iced area? I've found it's best if you slow down. Also, don't roll your feet. Most folks are used to rolling from their heel to their toes, which makes slipping more likely. If you must walk across ice, walk slowly and step with your feet flat.

If you can, grow out that facial hair. It works wonders in the cold. Sorry ladies, sucks to be you. ?

• Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

17 minutes ago, dr3032 said:

A good rule of thumb: The closer it is, the warmer it is. It's good to have an adjustable coat so you can either tighten or loosen it according to your needs. Hoods work poorly if you're walking into the wind, so a hat that covers your ears is preferabble.

Also, do you have trouble walking across an iced area? I've found it's best if you slow down. Also, don't roll your feet. Most folks are used to rolling from their heel to their toes, which makes slipping more likely. If you must walk across ice, walk slowly and step with your feet flat.

If you can, grow out that facial hair. It works wonders in the cold. Sorry ladies, sucks to be you. ?

I have rubber things that slip over my shoes that looks like they have springs wrapped around the rubber tubes that will let you walk on glazed ice without slipping even when running.....   but they are a little touchy  on tile floors.

Small square thingies that when opened and put into your gloves they keep your hands warm...

I try and not be outside for longer periods of time when the weather is bad though.   I do agree with Ladypreartree that one has to keep their feet dry and warm.....   not to do so causes many things to go wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Actually it is a repeat of a . I have posted before. I should have used "." sorry.

Seriously I was going to ask; "what is cold?", being it is 85  degrees F here. But then I realized the poster is from England and likely will not be any better able to comprehend that is kinda cool for me. Gloves, coats things to keep warm, I've  haven't seen them up close in many  many decades -half a century at least.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  533
  • Content Count:  32,392
  • Content Per Day:  4.99
  • Days Won:  206
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

:foot-stomp:  you can go off some people you know !!!!   Although when you are sweltering and cant keep your cool then I may feel sorry for you :fryingpan:

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

11 hours ago, ladypeartree said:

warm socks and good shoes are essential as cold wet feet can lead to all sorts of ill health and are miserable 

YOU LOVED LADY PEAR TREE .     Thanks for the reminder

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/06/1970

When it comes to conserving heat, the body will restrict blood flow to the extremities (legs, arms, hands, feet) while maintaining flow to the head and torso, so the head will lose more heat than the feet, simply because the flow of warm blood in maintained, at the expense of the feet.

I always find that by keeping my feet and hands warm...everything else will be warm also.  Thanks.

Edited by LivingbyFaith

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

15 hours ago, Sharky and George said:

Wrap up this Winter - a few ideas 

Only one is needed: Move to a warmer climate for the winter.  :laugh:

I live in Arizona and half the northern states are here already.

• Haha 1