JoeCanada

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

Uriah, Diaste and Abdicate: y'all have some great input. You probably surpass me in all things scriptural. I do note however that in the Tanach, in the case of Lot and Noah, that it happened right then when they were immanently threatened... and it was supernatural as well. Suddenly the angels set them outside the city - in an instant. And God said 'come in' and shut the door on Noah's family and animals.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,599
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

On 5/25/2019 at 7:54 AM, OldCoot said:

I could pile on all the English translations that show "departure" / "a departing" in their translation of 2 Thessalonians 2:3.  Tyndale, Wuest, Geneva Bible, etc.  Lots of them. It is noteworthy you went to all that trouble to post a bunch that don't, there is ample evidence that prior to the KJV / Rheims bibles, most English translators did not see apostasy as the translation, but a departure.

The translations cited are troubling as they are either based on earlier discredited translations or are poor examples themselves, or offshoots from the Vulgate which is not reliable either.

In fact I posted the definitions and usage of dicessio in another reply. Always used as departure from philosophy.

And as I have said many times, it is a departure, just not the one pretrib hopes for. But you will see. Don't take the mark and don't worship the beast, the image, or the dragon. I'll be right here till the last, look me up when you see the deadly head wound healed.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,364
  • Content Per Day:  0.59
  • Days Won:  0

On 7/10/2019 at 10:08 AM, Justin Adams said:

Uriah, Diaste and Abdicate: y'all have some great input. You probably surpass me in all things scriptural. I do note however that in the Tanach, in the case of Lot and Noah, that it happened right then when they were immanently threatened... and it was supernatural as well. Suddenly the angels set them outside the city - in an instant. And God said 'come in' and shut the door on Noah's family and animals.

The point is: JESUS taught that in both cases, God's people were delivered on the day that the judgment from above came down.

• Thumbs Up 2