Hi everyone! AnonymousAgnostic here!

I don't have a whole lot to say here, but I guess, thanks for having a place here for non-believers too! I look forward to meeting people here.

Does replying to a post count as one of my initiation posts to prove I'm not a bot?

Does replying to a post count as one of my initiation posts to prove I'm not a bot?

Yeah, basically, welcome!

• Thumbs Up 2

Thanks! Though I don't seem to have permissions to post elsewhere yet, which seems weird

11 minutes ago, AnonymousAgnostic said:

Thanks! Though I don't seem to have permissions to post elsewhere yet, which seems weird

I'm not sure I believe that. I've had agnostic amnesia.

I can't seem to post literally anywhere else at the moment, so when i get a chance i might copy/paste the following into a new thread, but I have a question I was hoping to have answered during my time here. I don't expect it to be immediate or anything, but anyways,
I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me find evidence of God's existence? Any god, really, or anything supernatural.

I have some criteria for what counts as evidence in my book, to help thin out the kinds of responses I'd be getting to this:

1) I can't use another person's experience. As much as I want to believe others, there are too many factors at play that can and regularly do interfere with how experience is perceived, recalled, and conveyed. Unless the experience was of something physical, and it was recorded (audio, video, whatever makes sense), then I probably can't use it.
2) I can't use quotes from scripture. Each claim an ancient document makes needs to stand or fall on its own merits. The same way I wouldn't take everything in an old textbook as fact, I'd need to be sure of each individual fact as claims were made. This is especially true for claims about the supernatural, including but not limited to: beverage transmutation, demigod properties, resurrection, feats of conjuration and healing, and more. So if you tell me anyone performed feats of healing, I'll need evidence outside of scripture before I can entertain the thought.
3) I won't use prayer any more than I already have. At this point, it'd be redundant. That avenue will either yield results in time or not at all.
4) I can't use eyewitness testimony as evidence, including and especially from an uneducated populace. If I went back in time and performed card tricks or coin tricks in front of them, I would be labeled a user of magic. Uneducated witnesses in the ancient world can't tell the difference between nature and the supernatural.
5) I can't use attacks on biology, physics, geology, or any other field of science. Even if you were to somehow demonstrate that it was all false, you wouldn't have bolstered any other position. I want to know you might be right first, starting by attacking other positions is just starting at the wrong end.
6) I will not entertain logically fallacious arguments or scientifically unsupported claims.
7) There are probably other criteria I'm forgetting right now since it's 1 am here, so please be patient with me if I happen to hold your response to a criteria I haven't listed above! Thank you!

Edited by AnonymousAgnostic

6 minutes ago, AnonymousAgnostic said:

I can't seem to post literally anywhere else at the moment, so when i get a chance i might copy/paste the following into a new thread, but I have a question I was hoping to have answered during my time here. I don't expect it to be immediate or anything, but anyways,
I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me find evidence of God's existence? Any god, really, or anything supernatural.

I have some criteria for what counts as evidence in my book, to help thin out the kinds of responses I'd be getting to this:

1) I can't use another person's experience. As much as I want to believe others, there are too many factors at play that can and regularly do interfere with how experience is perceived, recalled, and conveyed. Unless the experience was of something physical, and it was recorded (audio, video, whatever makes sense), then I probably can't use it.
2) I can't use quotes from scripture. Each claim an ancient document makes needs to stand or fall on its own merits. The same way I wouldn't take everything in an old textbook as fact, I'd need to be sure of each individual fact as claims were made. This is especially true for claims about the supernatural, including but not limited to: beverage transmutation, demigod properties, resurrection, feats of conjuration and healing, and more. So if you tell me anyone performed feats of healing, I'll need evidence outside of scripture before I can entertain the thought.
3) I won't use prayer any more than I already have. At this point, it'd be redundant. That avenue will either yield results in time or not at all.
4) I can't use eyewitness testimony as evidence, including and especially from an uneducated populace. If I went back in time and performed card tricks or coin tricks in front of them, I would be labeled a user of magic. Uneducated witnesses in the ancient world can't tell the difference between nature and the supernatural.
5) I can't use attacks on biology, physics, geology, or any other field of science. Even if you were to somehow demonstrate that it was all false, you wouldn't have bolstered any other position. I want to know you might be right first, starting by attacking other positions is just starting at the wrong end.
6) I will not entertain logically fallacious arguments or scientifically unsupported claims.
7) There are probably other criteria I'm forgetting right now since it's 1 am here, so please be patient with me if I happen to hold your response to a criteria I haven't listed above! Thank you!

Could you be more specific about what evidence you require, please AA.

9 minutes ago, AnonymousAgnostic said:

See if you can post in this section:

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/forum/145-worthy-q-a-for-seekers/

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Michael37 said:

Could you be more specific about what evidence you require, please AA.

Well it depends on the god!
Everyone has their own definitions and beliefs on what God is, and the burden of proof is on the person making the claim. It would be impractical of me to figure out what evidence would be needed for each god.
So I guess, whaddya got?

• Similar Content

• By Per-Henrik Dyngeland
      Hello, again!
      I was told that we needed to submit two topics, to be a full member. What was all that about?😊
    • By Per-Henrik Dyngeland
      Hello, everybody!
      I just joined this forum. I am a Christian man from Norway, in his late 40's. I am looking forward to getting to know this Christian fellowship. :)
    • By Eliptic01
      Hi
      Since my personal theology is a mix of Baptist and Presbyterian thinking with some Wesleyan theology thrown in as well as Neo-Orthodoxy I think of my viewpoint as elliptical.
      Hence the chat handle "Elliptic01" or, "elliptic-one" 🧐 
      For the record, I do subscribe to the dogma of Biblical Inerrancy.
      I look forward to making new friends and encouraging others as well as learning here.

• By jesusisworthy
      Hello, just introducing myself to the group.  I am a Christian, having been baptised by water immersion in 1997.  I am looking for a site where I can give support but also receive that much-needed hand of friendship!  I want to be able to share my love of GOD and encourage others with testimony.  I live with my family on a farm (only a diddy little farm of 10 acres!) with alpacas, sheep, chickens and cats and a dog.  It's very relaxing and I am in the process of trying to get my own place.  Preferably nearby.  As a widow, its kinda lonely, you know?  I recently lost my parents but hey, we are still alive and we have to try to live our life to the full, and most importantly praise GOD!  Even in the storm!!  My motto: Don't tell GOD how big your storm is; tell the storm HOW BIG YOUR GOD IS!!
    • By Godissogood
      Hello, to all my Christian brothers and sisters...I am so glad to be here, and to fellowship with everyone. I'm really looking forward to doing bible studies and meet friends. God bless you all.