8 hours ago, AnonymousAgnostic said:

Er, I should have been a little more specific. Sorry.
I meant both evidence that these events were prophecized and that they were fulfulled. 

investigate the potential value of dead sea scrolls as prophetic utterance... for someone who is saying they are searching you have closed you mind to what is even here to be seen. But that is what is to be expected for God says the majority will choose the lie over truth and serve the created more than The Creator of it...

10 hours ago, AnonymousAgnostic said:

Thank you for the reply!

But, um.

What does this mean?

Matthew 13 is Jesus preaching Kingdom of Heaven and Matthew 18 Jesus telling how much He loves His people. Some day the Kingdom will be in full bloom, and all His precious sheep will be found.

My Beloved Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I admire your efforts in trying to help AA understand why he even "exists" in the first place. The tragedy in all of this is that he has NO hope at all in his world of "uncertainty" regardless of how he tries to twist the meaning of "meaning" and "purpose". Even if we were to somehow convince this man that God Truly does exist; I seriously doubt that this would lead to his Salvation. The reason why I am saying this is because we are saved by Grace through Faith; and we ALL know that Faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things NOT seen (Heb. 11:1). What I see here is a plethora of information that should have had some sort of persuasion to anyone who has even a modicum of discernment; however, even after so many pages on this thread . . . he remains unconvinced.

I have had many friends who were once atheists, and are now "theists" -- and they remain in their "unsaved" state because they "reject" the message of the Gospel, and the words of Scripture. Muslims believe in the "existence" of God, and so do Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormons; but their understanding of God is absolutely flawed. Their message CANNOT save anyone regardless of whether or not they believe in the existence of God. So it ultimately boils down to whether this man will accept the free invitation of Eternal Life through the eyes of faith, or whether his ego and pride will continue to blind him until he finally meets his maker. Sadly . . . by then it will be too late. Most of us watch the news on a 2 dimensional screen, and it still does not compare to the "realism" of our 3d world that we now live in. When AA dies and meets his maker (could be tomorrow or next year; ONLY God knows), who exists in a "higher reality" and dimension -- it will be REAL as REAL can possibly get. More REAL than our 3d world as we now see and perceive with our limited senses in our human body.

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. (1 Corinthians 13:12)"

I can't think of a single atheist who has converted to Christianity as a result of being "proven" to them that the God of the Bible TRULY exists. It's usually (99% of the time) them having suffered a NDE (i.e., "Near Death Experience") and being sent to hell to see the "horrors" first-hand of just how terrifying it was to them. That being said, I do not believe that their "experiences" were genuine; and I believe that they are only in it to make a profit from their books. One might be tempted to ask: "Why would someone want to make up a story about hell? let alone, an atheist?" Human beings "instinctively" have "fear" programmed into their brains to warn them of impending dangers (e.g., "fight-or-flight"), and how to respond to them. So the majority of human beings will be MORE convinced if an "atheist" had been to hell, and "lived" to tell about it. This is a deceptive ploy to bring in the money, and I have seen this time and again. Moreover, I have compared what these "atheists" (even "Christians") have experienced in hell to the Words of Scripture using exegesis, hermeneutics, and grammatical precision in the "original" languages (Hebrew and Koine Greek) -- and there are ALWAYS contradictions. As the Bible says: "Let God be TRUE, but every man a LIAR" (Romans 3:4)

"He that believeth [Grk. "pisteuo"; present [t] active [v] participle [m] -- "the one who continually believes"] on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not [Grk. "pisteuo me"; present [t] active [v] participle [m] -- "the one who continues to disbelieve; or has their mind already made up"] is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. (John 3:18)"

I TRULY am grieved and saddened (from observing his replies to us) that he will most likely remained unconvinced regardless if FACTS were to be shown to him. FACT: Bible prophecy is irrefutable in that there are several books in the Old Testament which were CLEARLY written and dated long before some of the prophecies had been fulfilled. There are thousands of prophecies that have been fulfilled. A few are:

1. The 70 weeks of Daniel.
  2. The Conquest of Alexander the Great (Note: written in 6 century BC by Daniel the prophet; and Zechariah the prophet; circa 520-470 BC.).
  3. The Destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem (fulfilled 70 AD). Prophesied by Daniel in 538 BC.
  4. The Jews who were scattered were regathered back to their homeland, and the rebirth of Israel in 1949 (Note: mentioned in Ezekiel 37).

I care for the lost, and it is my hearfelt desire that no one should be condemned to Eternal Punishment; but the sad reality is that MANY will (Matt. 7:13-14). All I can do is pray for this man and hope that God will give him the wisdom and discernment to be willing to come to Him in Faith; because I am almost quite certain that AA will remain an atheist even if this thread were to continue for 50 more pages. But who knows . . . BUT GOD! :-)

Here's a prophecy that has yet to be fulfilled, but it will indeed come to pass:

"But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (Revelation 21:8)"

In Christ, *Pumpkin*

• Similar Content

• By Per-Henrik Dyngeland
      Hello, again!
      I was told that we needed to submit two topics, to be a full member. What was all that about?😊
    • By Per-Henrik Dyngeland
      Hello, everybody!
      I just joined this forum. I am a Christian man from Norway, in his late 40's. I am looking forward to getting to know this Christian fellowship. :)
    • By Eliptic01
      Hi
      Since my personal theology is a mix of Baptist and Presbyterian thinking with some Wesleyan theology thrown in as well as Neo-Orthodoxy I think of my viewpoint as elliptical.
      Hence the chat handle "Elliptic01" or, "elliptic-one" 🧐 
      For the record, I do subscribe to the dogma of Biblical Inerrancy.
      I look forward to making new friends and encouraging others as well as learning here.

• By jesusisworthy
      Hello, just introducing myself to the group.  I am a Christian, having been baptised by water immersion in 1997.  I am looking for a site where I can give support but also receive that much-needed hand of friendship!  I want to be able to share my love of GOD and encourage others with testimony.  I live with my family on a farm (only a diddy little farm of 10 acres!) with alpacas, sheep, chickens and cats and a dog.  It's very relaxing and I am in the process of trying to get my own place.  Preferably nearby.  As a widow, its kinda lonely, you know?  I recently lost my parents but hey, we are still alive and we have to try to live our life to the full, and most importantly praise GOD!  Even in the storm!!  My motto: Don't tell GOD how big your storm is; tell the storm HOW BIG YOUR GOD IS!!
    • By Godissogood
      Hello, to all my Christian brothers and sisters...I am so glad to be here, and to fellowship with everyone. I'm really looking forward to doing bible studies and meet friends. God bless you all.