The end result of salvation, is, that you are accepted by God. = Heaven is gained.
Salvation, Grace, the Blood Atonement, (same) is the sole and singular method and entire means that God uses and provides, to accept you, and keep you as His, forever.
Some, who are very self righteous, have the misconception that God saves them, and then they keep themselves saved. (Legalism).
Of course all religion including Christian heretics would argue that man has some part in saving themselves..... But how can this be so? After all, what can you possibly offer God that would compete with or equal the Shed Blood of Jesus?
If you are saved, you came to the Cross a sinner, and from the Cross Jesus Himself redeemed you. And your part in that is what? What is it? To RECEIVE WHAT GOD has provided for you thru the Cross, is your part.
But what about living holy later? Well, that is what comes later, AFTER what SAVED YOU< Saved you FIRST.
God did it, you get it, and you dont get any credit for it, unless you have nail holes in your wrists and rose from the dead after dying for the sin of the world.
Is that you? No. There is only One.
So, some who are very self righteous, have the idea that after Jesus's blood ALONE has redeemed them, then their "holy lifestyle" kicks in as THEIR 2nd part of God's salvation plan. And of course, think......= if God didnt accept you or your lifestyle before He saved you, do you think He will accept your lifestyle later, along with the Blood of Jesus to save you and keep you saved?
Funny how people can be so religious and so self righteous and try to take some of the credit for their salvation, instead of giving God and Christ all the credit for what they did, and they did, only.
So what is it exactly that God did to save us and keep us saved? What is another way to look at Redemption, as there are many, and i'll offer you one now....
Well, to find an answer, you have to know the problem, first.. And so, what is the only problem that an unsaved human being has, that is keeping God from accepting them and taking them into His family?
Its only one problem = Sin. This little word has great implication into eternity, as if this word, .. if what it means regarding each and everyone is not dealt with while you are breathing, then you will be dealing with the end result from the day you die until ............. Never ends. John 3:36 is the current situation facing every person who is not a believer in Christ and has NOT been born again. And God is not Joking. Look at the shed blood on the Cross and realize how serious God is about sin and the consequences of unforgiven sin, in eternity. Reader, if you are not saved then ......understand this.....Your SIN, cost Jesus His sinless life, and if you do not come to the Cross, then your sin is going to cost you your eternity, and there will be no second chance after you are dead. Christ died on the EARTH, and you take Him as your own savior on the EARTH, or not.. You do not get a redo, or a "take 2", after you die, and realize then the TRUTH, that im telling you right now.
So, what did God do for you, that resolves your sin issue, and mine, so that He can accept us, on HIS TERMS< and keep us, based on HIS FINAL SOLUTION> ?
Very simple. He , God, is merciful to our UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, AND THEREFOR..... OUR SIN ONCE FORGIVEN at the CROSS, HE WILL REMEMBER NO MORE. For the born again, Its as if we never sinned. And this position "in Christ" continues from the moment of our new birth, until forever., as that is the effect of eternal justification that is given as the "free gift of salvation", "the gift of Righteousness", that is created and kept by the Blood Atonement.
God deals with our unrighteousness, our sin, by Jesus becoming sin on the cross and taking the judgement for it all. Our entire lifetime of sinning, the eternal judgement due each of us for this....= This is the "cup" that Jesus spoke about that He was about to face. = The whipping and then the Cross and Death.
This is HOW God dealt with the unrighteousness of the entire world. He died for it. John 3:16 And this Death, is the mercy and grace of God giving righteousness in place of our unrighteousness.
This is Salvation.
This is Grace.
This is the "Gift of Righteousness", and we dont earn it, and we dont keep it, as it is given and kept by the same Holy One who provided it, for free.
BOTH the FATHER and the SON HAVE the SAME 119 ATTRIBUTES, CLAIMS and MAJESTY.
‘I am Jehovah - that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another.’ (Isaiah 62:8).
The glory of these 119 attributes are jointly owned by the Father and the Son, and nobody else.
Jesus Christ is Jehovah God, equally with the Father, because both the Father and Son alone
have the following attributes:
1. both are to be honoured equally (John 5:23)
2. both are the I AM (Exodus 3:14-15; John 8:24,58)
3. both are the Mighty God (Isaiah 10:20,21; Jer 32:18; Psalm 50:1; Isaiah 9:6; Gen 49:24)
4. both own the same throne (Psalm 45:6,7; Hebrews 1:8; Revelation 22:1,3)
5. both accept worship (Exodus 34:14; I Chronicles 16:29; Hebrews 1:6; Matthew 28:9)
6. both laid the foundation of the earth (Psalm 102:24-27; Isaiah 48:13; Hebrews 1:10-12)
7. One God has created mankind (Mal. 2:10; Prov. 16:4; Isaiah 44:24; Col 1:16; John 1:3)
8. both are the Shepherd (Psalm 80;1; Gen 49:24; John 10:11; Hebrews 13:20; I Peter 5:4)
9. both are from Everlasting (Psalm 90:2; Habakkuk 1:12; Micah 5:2; Hebrews 7:3).
10. both are the First and Last (Isaiah 44:6; Revelation 1:17,18; Rev. 2:8; See p.54).)
11. both are the Alpha and Omega (Revelation 1:8; 21:5-7; 22:13-16; See p.54)
12. both come and Reward (Isaiah 40:10; 62:11; Revelation 22:12)
13. both are unchangeable (Malachi 3:6: Hebrews 13:8)
14. both have unsearchable riches (Romans 11:33; Ephesians 3:8)
15. both are the Holy One (Isaiah 43:15; Acts 3:14)
16. both are omnipresent and fill all things (Psalm 139:7; Jer. 23:24; Eph. 4:10; John 3:13)
17. both are omniscient (Psalm 147:5; Prov. 14:3; John 21:17; John 16:30; Colossians 2:3)
18. both are omnipotent (Genesis 17:1; Matthew 28:18; Hebrews 1:3)
19. both are eternal (Deuteronomy 33:27; Hebrews 7:3; Micah 5:2)
20. both own the everlasting Kingdom (Psalm 145:13; Daniel 7:14; II Peter 1:11)
21. both are Lord of all (Psalm 103:19; Matthew 11:25; Acts 10:36)
22. both are the only Saviour (Isaiah 43:11; Titus 1:3,4; Philippians 3:20; II Peter 1:1; 3:18;
Luke 2:11; Hebrews 5:9; Acts 4:12)
23. both are the Truth (Deuteronomy 32:4; John 14:6)
24. both are sinless (Deuteronomy 32:4; Hebrews 4:15)
25. both are in the beginning (Genesis 1:1; John 1:1)
26. both God and the Son are the Judge (Psalm 82:8; John 5:22), but the Father is not the
Judge (John 5:22 ‘The Father judgeth no man’).
27. both are our Hope (Psalm 39:7; I Timothy 1:1)
28. both shelter believers under their wings (Psalm 91:2,4; Matthew 23:37)
29. both are our Redeemer (Psalm 130:7,8; Isaiah 44:6; Galatians 3:13; Titus 2:14)
30. the glory of both was seen by Isaiah (Isaiah 6:3,5; John 12:41)
31. both are the Rock (Deuteronomy 32:3,4,18; Psalm 18:31; I Corinthians 10:4)
32. both are to be looked to for salvation (Isaiah 45:22; John 1:29; John 6:40)
33. to both shall every knee bow and every tongue confess (Isaiah 45:23; Philippians 2:10;
34. the enemies of both shall perish (Psalm 92:9; Philippians 3:18,19)
35. both send the Holy Spirit (Joel 2:28; John 16:7)
36. to both shall all men come (Psalm 65:2; Isaiah 45:24; John 12:32)
37. both forgive sins (Exodus 34:7; Mark 2:5,7; Colossians 3:13)
38. both blot out sin (Isaiah 43:25; Hebrews 1:3; I John 1:7)
39. both still storms (Psalm 107:29; Matthew 8:26)
40. both own the Holy Spirit (Matthew 10:20; Romans 8:9)
41. both seek the lost (Ezekiel 34:16; Luke 19:10)
42. to both are applied 10 aspects of the Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13; see page 954)
43. both receive believers to glory (Psalm 73:24; John 14:3)
44. both are our One Master (Malachi 1:6; Matthew 23:8,10)
45. both are served by believers (Deuteronomy 10:20; Colossians 3:24)
46. both lead believers to living waters (Psalm 23:2; Revelation 7:17)
47. both correct believers (Proverbs 3:12; Revelation 3:19)
48. both prepare a place for believers in heaven (Hebrews 11:16; John 14:2)
49. both are all in all (I Corinthians 15:28; Colossians 3:11)
50. both are known by believers (Galatians 4:9; Philippians 3:10; John 17:3)
51. both are cleaved to by believers (Deuteronomy 10:20; John 15:4)
52. both are the light of the world (Psalm 27:1; John 8:12)
53. both are the Light of the New Jerusalem (Isaiah 60:19,20; Revelation 21:23)
54. both give eternal life (Psalm 36:9; John 10:28)
55. both are called ‘My Lord and my God’ (Psalm 35:22,23; John 20:28)
56. both are our Righteousness (Isaiah 45:24; I Corinthians 1:30; Jeremiah 23:5,6)
57. both have the same voice as of many waters (Ezekiel 43:2; Revelation 1:15)
58. both are witnessed to by believers (Isaiah 43:10; Acts 1:8)
59. both own the peace given to believers (Philippians 4:7; John 14:27)
60. both own the gospel (I Thessalonians 2:2; Romans 1:16)
61. both give saving grace (Titus 2:11; Acts 15:11)
62. both are our peace (Judges 6:24; Ephesians 2:14)
63. both are pierced and looked upon (Zechariah 12:10; John 19:37)
64. both sanctify believers (Exodus 31:13; I Corinthians 6:11)
65. both give victory to believers (Psalm 98:1; I Corinthians 15:57)
66. both heal people (Exodus 15:26; Matthew 9:35)
67. both equally own the churches (I Corinthians 15:9; Romans 16:16; I and II Thess. 1:1)
68. both own the Kingdom (Matthew 6:33; Rev. 11:15).
69. both are glorified by the Gentiles (Isaiah 24:15; II Thessalonians 1:12; Matthew 12:21)
70. both own the Day of the Lord (Isaiah 13:6; Philippians 1:6; II Thessalonians 2:2)
71. both give grace to believers (Romans 5:15; Colossians 1:6; II Cor. 8:9; Galatians 6:18)
72. both own the same glory (Romans 5:2; II Corinthians 8:23)
73. both own the same love (John 5:42; II Corinthians 5:14)
74. both own the same Word (Psalm 119:11; I Thessalonians 2:13; Colossians 3:16)
75. both own salvation (Luke 3:6; Jonah 2:9; Acts 4:12; II Timothy 2:10)
76. both were served equally by Paul (Titus 1:1; Romans 1:1);and by James (James 1:1)
77. both own the commandments (I John 5:3; John 14:15)
78. both had their way prepared by John the Baptist (Isaiah 40;3; Mark 1:1-3)
79. both search all hearts (Psalm 139:1; Revelation 2:23)
80. both own the same flock (I Peter 5:2; John 21:15,16)
81. both ascend on high, lead captivity captive, and give gifts to men (Psalm 68:17,18;
82. both are like a Bridegroom (Isaiah 62:5; Mark 2:19,20)
83. both receive the glory of God alone forever and ever (Isaiah 42:8; Galatians 1:4,5;
I Peter 5:10,11; II Peter 3:18; Hebrews 13:21; I Peter 4:11; Revelation 1:5,6)
84. both are the source of fruit (Hosea 14:8; John 15:5)
85. both are our source of strength (Psalm 119:28; Philippians 4:13)
86. both give rest for our souls (Jeremiah 6:16; Matthew 11:29)
87. both shall appear at Christ’s return (Psalm 102:16; Zechariah 14:3,4,5; Titus 2:13)
88. both will come to earth (Isaiah 40:10; Revelation 22:7,12,20)
89. both are to be trusted in (Jeremiah 17:7; Ephesians 1:12; John 14:1)
90. both are our King (Isaiah 6:5; 33:22; Revelation 17:14; 19:16; I Timothy 6:14,15)
91. both will wound their enemies’ heads (Psalm 68:21; 110:6)
92. both take vengeance (Romans 12:19; II Thessalonians 1:7,8)
93. both will be opposed by the Antichrist’s armies (Isaiah 34:22; Revelation 19:19)
94. both will fight against the Antichrist’s armies at Armageddon (Zechariah 14:3;
95. both will destroy death (Isaiah 25:8; II Timothy 1:10).
96. both receive the faith of believers (I Thessalonians 1:8; Galatians 3:26)
97. both are our life (Deuteronomy 30:20; Colossians 3:4)
98. both are to be prayed to (Matthew 6:9; Acts 7:59)
99. both raised up Christ (Acts 2:32; John 2:19,21)
100.both own all of the other (John 16:15)
101.both enter the east gate of Jerusalem (Ezekiel 44:1,2; Luke 19:37-45)
102.the man on the throne in Ezekiel 1:26 is identified as the God of Israel in Ezek 10:20
103.both names are placed on the same level in the baptism formula (Matthew 28:19)
104.both fellowship equally with believers (I John 1:3).
105.both comfort believers (Isaiah 66:13; Philippians 2:1).
106.both receive doxologies of worship in heaven (Revelation 5:8-10; 5:11,12; 5:13,14).
107.both jointly send grace and peace to the churches (Romans 1:7).
108.both the love of the Father and love of the Son are an equal privilege given to us.(John
109.both jointly declare themselves to be Jehovah, “I am the first,& I am the last”(Isaiah 44:6)
110.both come to his temple, ‘the Lord shall suddenly come to his temple.’(Malachi 3:1; Mat
111.both are the King of Israel (Isaiah 44:6; John 1:49).
112. both can be blasphemed (God-Rom.2:24; HS-Luke 12:10; Christ-Luke 22:65; Acts 13:45; 18:5,6;
113.both are always with all believers (Matthew 28:20; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
114.both are the one lawgiver (God-Rom.7:22; Christ-Gal.6:2; HS-Rom.8:2; James 4:12).
115.both have the same face (Revelation 22:3,4)
116.both have the same Name (Revelation 22:3,4)
117.both own the same servants (Revelation 22:3)
118.both are the Temple of the New Jerusalem (Revelation 21:22)
119.Heavens are the work of thy hands (Psalm 102:24-27; Hebrews 1:10-12)
Since both Jesus and the Father have these same attributes, both are Jehovah God.
There are not 2 Gods, but One God in 3 persons. One who has these attributes must be God.
The Lord’s Prayer is devoted to worshipping the Father. Jesus conceals His personal glory
in this prayer as seen by other Scriptures which are just as true of Christ as the Lord’s Prayer
is of the Father.
JW Belief is first, the Bibilcal position is in bold
Christ is God's Son and is inferior to him. Christ is God. He took on the form of man to come to earth. John 1:1, 1 Timothy 3:16 Christ died on a stake, not a cross. Christ died on a cross. John 20:25, Matthew 27:37, 27 Christ's human life was paid as a ransom for obedient humans. Christ life was paid as a ransom for sinners Matthew 9:13, 1 Timothy 1:15 Earth will never be destroyed or depopulated. God will create new heavens and earth and new physical laws. God's people will be removed from earth. Matthew 24:31, Mark 13:27, 1 Thess. 4:16-17 The human soul ceases to exist at death The spirit of man goes to be with God *Ecclesiastes 3:21, Ecclesiastes 12:7 Hell is mankind's common grave. Before Christ, all went to Hades, after Christ only non-believers *Psalms 9:17, Matthew 23:33 The 144,000 are born again as spiritual sons of God. All people who confess Christ as Lord and Savior are born again *John 3:3, John 3:3-7 Christians must give public testimony to Scriptural truth. Christians must give public testimony to the gospel of Jesus Christ Romans 1:16, Romans 15:19, 1 Corinthians 1:17 The greatest name is Jehovah. The greatest name is Jesus Christ Ephesians 1:20-22, Philippians 2:9 Man does not have a spirit. Man has a spirit *Ecclesiastes 3:21 We are to worship Jehovah only. We are to worship Father, Son, and Holy Spirit Hebrews 1:6, Revelation 5:13 Jesus second coming occurred invisibly in 1914 and His kingdom was established in heaven. Jesus will return physically to earth and all alive will see Him as His kingdom is established on earth Matthew 24:30, Revelation 1:7 The greatest name is Jehovah. The greatest name is Jesus Christ Ephesians 1:20-22, Philippians 2:9 Christ is Michael the Archangel. Christ is not an angel, but God. Hebrews 1:13 Christ was first of God's creations. Christ is co-eternal with God, and as such was not created Isaiah 9:6, John 1:1, Hebrews 13:8
Unusual to have two JW's talk to me at my fence just now.
I am blacklisted.
As normal, they mentioned how important is God's name.
They asked what is Gods' name.
I answered that is was "Yeshua hamashia baruch hashem", "Adonai", "Jehovah", etc.
When i said "yeshua hamashia baruch hashem" she appeared to be taken aback a bit.
I think the red flags were going off. Maybe something like "Oh, this guy KNOWS something!"
I told them that Moses asked God what His name was and God said His name is "ego eimi" or "I am".
I told them that Jesus also uses that name.
They ( as usual ) totally ignored this and asked me to turn to Psalm 88.
I refused to read their NWT and got my KJV.
The passage gives Gods' name as Jehovah.
I asked them something like "So, did God LIE when He told Moses His name was I AM?"
They of course said "No".
Suddenly, they wanted to leave!
I told them that Jesus is also called/referred to as Jehovah which they don't believe.
My prayer is that the JW's will not be successful in spreading their filth and lies and they would come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior, repent and be born again.