SelahSong

EMBRACING CHANGE. . .

Hi! :group-hug:

I’d like to invite all of my Worthy friends to share how they are embracing any kind of change in their lives.

To get into the spirit of this thread, I have changed my avatar.  :mgcheerful: 

Selah:emot-heartbeat:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

…and I have also changed my clock one hour back! ;)

• Haha 3

Hello there, @SelahSong,

I tend to recognise change when it has passed, in retrospect.  I am not always aware of the adjustment that has taken place until it has happened.  However, I am having to face the change that age brings at the moment, both physically and mentally, being now 70 years of age.  I have arthritis in my hips and knees, like a lot of people of my age, and have had to resort to using a stick for stability.  My hair is now white/grey, and having grown it longer and no longer having a fringe, it is put up in a clip at the back, and therefore I look in the mirror and see a woman that has a new appearance too.  No longer having the facade of youth, I have suddenly become a 'grandma' in both fact and appearance, who could possibly have been a school-marm in her prime! 🤒 this has resulted in a loss of confidence. ( Which shows how much my confidence relies on how I appear in the eyes of others!!! ) 

* The humiliating fact is, also, that I know that the Lord has placed before me, on occasions, opportunities to improve my situation, but because they would mean that I left my comfort zone, and exerted myself in ways that I shrank from, I did not follow them through. So to an extent my problems are exacerbated by my own wilfulness.

* Pain and reduced mobility bring the feeling of age and in the wee small hours of the night I think of what might be: do I see a wheelchair? what happens if my husband is no longer with me?  how will I manage?  will I end up in care? These are the night 'nadgers' which creep up unawares and take away my peace of mind.  Yet I know from experience that the Lord has provided for me at every stage of my life, though I have not always been aware of it at the time.  Therefore I do know from experience that He will not leave me or forsake me: and that in my weakness His strength will be made perfect.  I pray that I may gain the same spirit that Paul displays in 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, that God may be glorified in me :-

'And He said unto me, 
"My grace is sufficient for thee: 
.. for my strength is made perfect in weakness. "
.... Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, 
...... that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
........ Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities,
..........  in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions,
............  in distresses for Christ's sake: 
.............. for when I am weak, then am I strong.'

(2 Corinthians 12:9-10)  

* I will possibly not cope wonderfully well with these changes, my flesh and my heart may fail me, but, 'Praise God!' I know that He (my heavenly Father - in Christ Jesus ) is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever. ☺️

'So foolish was I, and ignorant: 
.. I was as a beast before Thee.
.... Nevertheless I am continually with Thee: 
Thou hast holden me by my right hand.
.. Thou shalt guide me with Thy counsel, 
.... and afterward receive me to glory.

Whom have I in heaven but thee? 
.. and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.
.... My flesh and my heart faileth: 
...... but God is the strength of my heart, 
........ and my portion for ever.'

(Psalm 73:22)  

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Edited by Christine
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 3
  • Loved it! 1

Oh, what a beautifully written account of almost the identical feelings and emotions that I, and probably many others here, share, Christine.  I am 66 years old now and find myself battling with many downright scary thoughts!  Thank you so much for sharing your feelings and the perfect scriptures that will help all of us who are facing this new change in our lives.  May the Lord smile down on us and keep us cheery, trusting in Him to help us make right decisions on this new path we find ourselves traveling (mayhap a tad slower these days:sneaking:).  Let’s keep ourselves encouraged, okay?  After all, we know that the very best is yet to be!

Edited by SelahSong
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

I definitely agree that embracing all the changes life throws at us is often difficult.  However, I am so blessed to have my Creator, who knows me inside out, to confide in:

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4: 6,7)

So many times, I've thought, What?!? I'm supposed to be thankful for all these inconvenient, sad, or uncomfortable changes in my life?   I've learned, however, that in every situation I simply need to begin with being thankful for the hope I have in Him.  It's good enough to know that He is guarding my heart and mind until I have time to understand.  In His time, not necessarily my own, He has never failed to bless me, so I can continue in the hope that He always will.  Not only has He faithfully walked with me through every change, but also He has provided generous benefits, such as experience, knowledge, wisdom (still somewhat limited but more than I had to start with), compassion, understanding, peace, and comfort.  And all of these benefits can flow right through me to others (2 Corinthians 1:4).  No change I face need ever be wasted, and that is a joy I can embrace!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

14 hours ago, SelahSong said:

Hi! :group-hug:

I’d like to invite all of my Worthy friends to share how they are embracing any kind of change in their lives.

To get into the spirit of this thread, I have changed my avatar.  :mgcheerful: 

I like this post, it invites to self introspection with a positive attitude!

Well few months ago, in the lowest period of my life, the Lord raised me up. He gave me a lot of strength, and since then change have been the constant, at an unpredictable speed. So far so good, tons of lessons to learn. Sometimes the changes feels too many, but I will trust Him to keep working in me and keep helping me to serve Him better.

Since I don't know what would be the best thing to ask for my life, my favourite prayers in this period are "bring glory to Your Name" and "come quickly, Lord".

Edited by listener24
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 2

5 minutes ago, listener24 said:

I like this post, it invites to self introspection with a positive attitude!

Well few months ago, in the lowest period of my life, the Lord raised me up. He gave me a lot of strength, and since then change have been the constant, at an unpredictable speed. So far so good, tons of lessons to learn. Sometimes the changes feels too many, but I will trust Him to keep working in me and keep helping me to serve Him better.

Since I don't know what would be the best thing to ask for my life, my favourite prayers in this period are "bring glory to Your Name" and "come quickly, Lord".

And when we don't know what else to pray, "Thy will be done" always works! 😊

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 3

Good morning! 🌻 :)

Each and every one of you who has posted thus far has blessed me immensely!  Thank You, Lord, for bringing us here together in fellowship as we give our testimonies and as we praise You and give all the glory to You for surrounding us with Your love and mercy.  

I’ll give a very brief testimony about myself.  I lost three precious babies in my twenties.  …. but through all the heartbreak and tears, my relationship with my Father grew and grew and grew.  I eagerly look forward to each day to see what new changes He will make in me.  I need Him every single day… Thank You, Father!

Edited by SelahSong
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 2

:th_wave: Hi all. I've been blessed by your posts here. But confess I was at first hesitant to participate in this thread. It hits too close to home and nips at my inner grief. This has been such a traumatic year! What I've seen happen to my mother has broken :broken_heart: my heart. Due to oxygen deprivation to her brain on March 9th (coming from prolonged CPR), she has lost so much. She can no longer speak and has also lost her ability to move. 

I know some (very spiritual women of faith of yesteryear, in particular) would be able to embrace this as our sovereign Lord's will. Not me. :(I don't pretend to understand, much less embrace the change.

I do choose to be honest with God and ask, "Why her?  She is the sweetest lady I know...giving all of the time and putting others first. Loving You in a shining way. Would she not be able to serve you better if her mental capacity were back to normal?"

Despite this extensive brain damage, He has spared her life time and again. I am grateful for this... So I do see God's mercy and power undeniable in her life. Embracing these changes? :(I just have not been able to. I still pray God will miraculously intervene in her life. 

:unsure:I hope I answered this question in keeping with the op theme? I am sorry if I am coming off as a 'downer.'  SelahSong, don't mind me.:noidea:

I don't want to drag down the thread. I hope someone 'gets where I am coming from.' I do think this is an important topic. Just hard for me to come at it from a positive perspective right now...in this vulnerable chapter. Hope it was okay to be painfully honest. I hope it will hurt no one and perhaps even help someone? I guess time will tell.

God bless you guys. :wub: If you feel led to pray for her, please do.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praying for You! 1
  • Praise God! 1

Hey, sweet Turtle :bighug:… Your post (like all the posts that have been submitted) is exactly what belongs in this thread.  Actually, I was hesitant my own very self when I shared a little about me.  I think we all need to learn to express our grief to others.  For years, I tried to carry mine all by myself; I nearly did myself in! .…until one day, I learned to trust others with my pain.  Wow!  It was like, “my friends can help me carry it!”  My heart is still broken, but I am much stronger now.  My Father and my sisters in Christ help me so very much!:emot-heartbeat:

Selah

… and, yes, we will pray for your mom, Turtle. 💕

Edited by SelahSong
  • Loved it! 3
  • Praise God! 1