SelahSong

EMBRACING CHANGE. . .

The comfort of God

2 Corinthians 1:3-7

By ‘comfort’, Paul means the help and support that God gives to his people. It is in God’s nature to look after his people; that is why we call him ‘our Father’ .

During the past year, Paul had been particularly aware of how God had helped him. In Ephesus in Asia, Paul suffered so severely that he expected to die. Then Paul went to Macedonia, where he also suffered very much. However, for Paul, the most important part of these experiences was not how much he had suffered. It was that God was constantly with him, to help him and to support him.

During these difficult experiences, Paul saw that God was using his life to help other people too. Even when Paul was suffering, God was using him to bring salvation to people. That is, God was bringing people into a right relationship with himself through Paul’s work.

God was also using Paul’s life to make other Christians stronger. Across many countries, Christians were suffering because of their relationship with Christ. They very much needed the strength and courage that only God can give. God was using Paul’s work to help them - and through Paul’s letters in the Bible, God still does that today.

When a Christian suffers troubles, the right reaction is not fear. God wants his people to stand firm in their relationship with him. They cannot do that in their own strength. They must depend completely on God.

Amen!  What an opportunity and blessing it is to be used of God.  

Selah:emot-heartbeat:

• Praise God! 3

13 hours ago, SelahSong said:

Warm Greetings, everybody...  Here are my thoughts:

Whether we suffer because of a fallen world or whether it is because our heavenly Father has allowed us to suffer, as in the case of Job and people all over the world, suffering is something that we must all learn to endure, and yes, even embrace.  I'll get to the embrace part in a bit.  

Jesus tells us in John 16:33 that in this world we will have tribulation. ....not maybe we will; we will.  

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."

...And let us not ever forget Who it was that gave His life for us.

Peter tells us in 1 Peter 4:13:  But rejoice that you share in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed at the revelation of His glory.  

So then, we will come to the point that we can embrace suffering, knowing that God can now use us for His glory.  It took me a while to learn this (during a time of intense grief after losing three babies).  Even though some of our sufferings will never cease until we get to heaven, we are now prepared to comfort others.  In 2 Corinthians 1:3-7, Paul tells us:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.  For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ.  Now if we are afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effective for enduring the same sufferings which we also suffer.  Or if we are comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.  And our hope for you is steadfast, because we know that as you are partakers of the suffering, so also you will partake of the consolation.

And then we have an amazing scripture in 2 Corinthians 12:9:  

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.  Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

So do I embrace my sufferings?  Yes, very much so, for the glory of my Father in heaven.

Our Father has taught you well, SelahSong! 

2 Corinthians 5:17 New King James Version (NKJV)

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Butterfly asks,”Am I an anyone?”:rolleyes:

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

Wow!  What a cool little video.  I've never seen a butterfly actually emerge like that!  Amazing!

Edited by PromisesPromises!
  • Loved it! 1

7 minutes ago, PromisesPromises! said:

Wow!  What a cool little video.  I've never seen a butterfly actually emerge like that!  Amazing!

Our Heavenly Father, Creator of heaven and earth, He creates such beautiful things, and He creates them for us to enjoy.  Thank You, Lord! :amen:

• Praise God! 2

:emot-heartbeat: Listen to what just a few notes on a scale can turn into. . .sorry about the ads at the beginning and end of the video.

Edited by SelahSong
  • Loved it! 1

19 minutes ago, SelahSong said:

:emot-heartbeat: Listen to what just a few notes on a scale can turn into. . .

...and see His spectacular work in creation!  What a lovely and melodic vacation for the soul!  💕

One more, okay? ;)  Our Heavenly Father’s gifting …

Edited by SelahSong
  • Loved it! 1