• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Please help me with this

I am anti homosexuality and I have been told by numerous liberals that 'love is love' in regards to homosexuality and profess to be Christians.

I'm re-reading Romans and chapter 14 is killing my brain. Paul is talking about not making someone weaker in the faith stumble because they don't believe exactly as you do and as an example he uses food.

I keep turning this over in my mind that would homosexuality/transgenderism fit in this verse as well? I want to say no as these are sins but............

Guest shiloh357
7 hours ago, ladyalaska said:

Please help me with this

I am anti homosexuality and I have been told by numerous liberals that 'love is love' in regards to homosexuality and profess to be Christians.

I'm re-reading Romans and chapter 14 is killing my brain. Paul is talking about not making someone weaker in the faith stumble because they don't believe exactly as you do and as an example he uses food.

I keep turning this over in my mind that would homosexuality/transgenderism fit in this verse as well? I want to say no as these are sins but.........…

Romans 14. the entire chapter, is dealing with things like extra-biblical fast days  and issues of conscience.   Romans 14 does not address things that God calls sin.   Homosexuality is something that God abhors.  It is not an issue conscience and thus, would not be included in what Paul is discussing in this chapter. 

And homosexual love is not true love, not "love" from the Bible's definition of love.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,789
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The whole concept of lust is rebelling against God's design...

Rom 7:7

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
KJV

Rom 7:13

13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
KJV

the fruit of sin is destruction of the moral fabric woven into the creation of God itself through design … and God is taking the time to show humanity this reality so that through the creation itself God reveals Himself as Designer Existent and no one will have excuse! The fruit of homosexuality is death of species and is simply a non-arguable point...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  897
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,621
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Homosexuality is a sin. So is murder, divorce, marriage to a divorcee, sex outside of marriage, adultery (including showing too much skin and lusting after those who do), then there's lying, cheating, stealing...  blasphemy...

None of which God's Grace cannot redeem.

Now comes the abstinence point. To which I reply 1 John 1:5 - 1 John 2:17 applies to all who believe in Christ Jesus.

What is the one distinguishing factor that separates the hell bound sinners where are the liars and where every idle word is judged? 

Belief or unbelief in Jesus. Period. John 3:16-18 / Ephesians 2:8-10.

God can and does bring us individually out of the long list of sins. But hammering people with the Law of Moses rather than loving them into the Kingdom where God has a better shot at changing any of us... only produces militant resistance and hate...

I am a middle of the roader in most everything except for faith in Christ. I believe that's where life exists in the balance of all things.

Call it whatever you want... compromise / liberalism ← though it's not... observe Hollywood and the fake media for examples of that...

Just remember what Jesus said to the woman caught in adultery (John 8). Was he wrong for not following your interpretation of scriptures?

Grace!

Judgment will come... and the judgment will be about... belief or unbelief in Jesus Christ.

Yes there will be degrees of reward in heaven and degrees of punishment in hell.

But we are in the age of Grace, and I fear the Church organization acts as if it's the last to hear about it.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

13 hours ago, ladyalaska said:

Please help me with this

I keep turning this over in my mind that would homosexuality/transgenderism fit in this verse as well? I want to say no as these are sins but............

Homosexual action is a sin, homosexual desire/temptation from a Christian is not.

If someone isn't a Christian, they can be a homosexual if they wish it. A born again Christian should get counseling if they struggle against homosexual desire.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

Well I was a drunk. I loved it! Nobody else did. Homosexuality is so easily dismissed as fine. Everything else isn’t. However, God condemns it more fervently than other sins. Why?  Well. It pollutes another. It separates one from all but a “community”, it injures ones body unspeakably (look it up)?. It’s lying to God. It’s rebellion completely!  It destroys salvation when one embraces it as “who they are”. It is a heartbreak to the Body of Christ. 

Edited by Kristin
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

To understand the intent and use of the word 'homosexuality' in the bible, I found it necessary to research the original words translated to 'homosexuality'.  Information about the culture of that time and location was also very helpful. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, bryan said:

To understand the intent and use of the word 'homosexuality' in the bible, I found it necessary to research the original words translated to 'homosexuality'.  Information about the culture of that time and location was also very helpful. 

Are you a homosexual Bryan? 

Edited by Kristin

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

4 minutes ago, Kristin said:

Are you a homosexual Bryan? 

No