• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

You need to read the Bible and get right idea about homosexuality.   The Bible condemns it.

I go back to hermeneutics.  We are living in a strange time these days.  

Did the Bible ever condemn polygamy?

16 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

It's the Mosaic Law fallacy.  

Dietary laws given to Israel are not lasting moral laws which also apply to the Church.  Jesus re-affirms every moral law, and all 10 commandments except the Sabbath.   I can't believe people still try to use this fallacy in regards to any subject, and they use it for other subjects besides homosexuality, but using it to legitamize homosexuality is an old favorite.  Is a big favorite on atheist websites as well.  If you see something like what you wrote above on an atheist website, it probably isn't something a person should be using to support homosexuality on a Christian forum.

In your viewpoint, old laws to do with food no longer stand, but old laws to do with sexual relations do stand?

13 hours ago, Sojourner414 said:

He also never said a thing against crashing a plane full of innocent people into a skyscraper, blowing someone's head off with a shotgun, or using a computer to hack someone's bank account either.

Doesn't make them any less wrong, now does it?

Jesus was clearly anti violent.  Do I need to show you verses?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

To clear the air about homosexuality. Only about 12% are effeminate. They are unfairly picked on and singled out. The vast majority of homosexuals are the "bears", or the over masculated individuals. Heterosexual love manifest a personality of the opposite sex into our consciousness and this has a balancing effect on our behavior and demeanor.    

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,048
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

19 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I have realised, in this thread, that:

1) some people dont read what is actually written

2) some people dont react or reply to what is written

3) some people bring in red herrings and straw men to subvert the subject matter.

This whole forum, in general, is an education.

Welcome to the classroom of why God said don't eat this one :) plus the overwhelming weight we placed upon The Son to do so -yet He did... This what rings my bell in classroom :thumbsup:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,048
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

9 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

sorry, can you run that by me again please?

sin brings confusion... that is why God said don't eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil... all that has transpired after the fact that we did is lessons as such in a classroom as to why God said this! Jesus' work allowing The Master Teacher, The Holy Spirit, to aid in this learning...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

2 hours ago, artsylady said:

Sometimes it happens that there is no abuse or sexual relations before puberty, yet the person still ends up very gay, and very conflicted.   

The KJV of homosexuality in the NT used to read 'man bedders' and was changed to 'homosexuality' in the 1950's (I think).    Had it remained as man bedders, it would be wrong for a man to bed a boy (or a temple priest to bed a boy - which was the practice back then)  Instead it refers to two consenting adults.   Which one, to you, seems more like a sin?    

I often wonder about the hormones people are consuming and the hormones that have been going into the water systems since the birth control pill.  Are environmental factors at play in our day and age?  If yes, we should be more sympathetic and less judgmental.

I'm sympathetic and not judgmental, however, a secular therapist reported that of 300 gay men he'd counseled, 298 either had same sex abuse or a bad relationship with their father early in life.

Homosexual desire is not a choice, sexual activity is. "I can't help being gay" and "I cannot help being straight" aren't reasons to have sex before marriage.

Guest shiloh357
6 hours ago, artsylady said:

I go back to hermeneutics.  We are living in a strange time these days.  

Did the Bible ever condemn polygamy?

We are not talking about polygamy and based on hermeneutics, you are wrong. And yes we are living in strange days when Christians are defending homosexuality.  

The Bible condemns homosexuality and you are unable to refute that position.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

16 hours ago, artsylady said:

In your viewpoint, old laws to do with food no longer stand, but old laws to do with sexual relations do stand?

Such a viewpoint as yours is probably because you do not know the difficult history of how Gentiles were brought into the sheepfold of Jewish Christianity after most of the Jews had rejected Jesus as the Messiah/Christ/Saviour.

After much controversy by the Judaizers(GALATIANS.2:9-14), God exempted the newly Gentile Christians from any of His laws/commandments that was a burden at ACTS.15:24-29 & 21:20-25, so as not to cause them to abandon their newfound faith in Jesus Christ. Why.? = because most Gentile Christians had led lawless lives from childhood as former Gentile unbelievers and requiring them to be circumcised or keep other burdensome laws might have caused them to turn back from Christ. OTOH, God still required them to keep laws/commandments which were not a burden or else bad things or curses/judgments from God would befall them.(eg 1CORINTHIANS.5:5 & 11:30, 1JOHN.5:16-17)

So, new Gentile Christians should begin their newborn-again lives of the Spirit by keeping 4 easy laws/commandments of Moses, ie avoid eating blood, foods/things offered to idols, strangled animal sacrifice and sexual immorality. Thereafter, they should gradually learn to keep the other non-burdensome laws, especially morality laws, eg the Ten Commandments at EXODUS.20, LEVITICUS.18:22-29 & 10:9, DEUTERONOMY.18:9-14, etc. Hence, Gentile Christians do not have to keep the law of eating only kosher/clean food but have to keep the laws against sexual immorality like homosexuality and adultery.

In comparison, the Jewish Christians were still required by God to continue to keep His Law or Moses Law, as many laws as possible, because it was not a burden to them.

Keep in mind that salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ alone, and not by the good works of the Law; ... non-salvation is by non-faith or no-more-faith in Jesus Christ alone. OTOH, the breaking of the Law, ie willful sins or evil-works, will usually result in the Christian sinners/evil-workers being cursed/judged by God with afflictions, calamities or terrors or even an early death(HEBREWS.10:26-31) and may culminate in the loss of salvation through loss of faith while in suffering(eg JOB.2:9, MATTHEW.7:15-23, 1COR.6:9-11, REVELATION.22:12-17).

Edited by discipler777

Guest shiloh357
16 hours ago, artsylady said:

The dietary laws were given to Israel exclusively and are not universal laws. 

If we follow the logic of your question, then NO laws regarding morality should stand whatsoever.   Is that a road you really want to head down?