ROMANS 14 and homosexuality

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Homosexuality is condemned in both the Old and New testaments.The farther one goes in sin , it is probably true that they are going farther away from any chance of being convicted by the Holy Spirit which is the starting point for ALL of us sinners.Those that reach this low in their lives are probably at the scary edge of arriving at the point that their consciousnesses are seared to the point of no going back.Other sins can get one to that point also, but homosexuality seems to have a knack of doing just that.Their odds of turning to God for Salvation with a faith in Jesus Christ is probably more remote for them than it is for the common sinner, but we should not upend all of doctrines to single them out .I have to maintain that “ where sin abounds, grace abounds all the more” and “ The Blood Of Christ covers ALL sins”. Their sins were on the Cross as sure as yours and mine. Perhaps this sin is so terrible that few will “ cash in “ to receive the free gift of Salvation . Maybe none will repent by turning to God .I firmly believe that a homosexual who sincerely cries out to God with a contrite , repentant heart.. “Lord Jesus,  have mercy on me , a sinner” will be saved. “ Anyone who comes to me, in no wise will I cast out”. Continuing in this sin will bring chastisement, even to the point of God striking him dead, if God has made him a Son , a Member of the Body of Christ.Homosexuality is definitely not my side of the street, but we must all remember that “there, but by the grace of God ,go I.”

Guest shiloh357
16 hours ago, thomas t said:

Hi Shiloh,

for now I want to keep the focus on stories about gays without the necessary back up information. Noone complained about that in the thread, so let me be the first to do that.

At the same time I don't want to discuss homosexuality.

For I think it is ok to keep the focus on 1 issue and not two at the same time.

The thread is about homosexuality.  If you don't want to discuss that, then get out of the thread and start another one about what YOU want to talk about.  You are not going to control the conversation in this thread.   You don't get to unilaterally decide what the focus of this thread is going to be.

Guest PinkBelt
On 11/13/2018 at 12:41 PM, Billiards Ball said:

I'm sympathetic and not judgmental, however, a secular therapist reported that of 300 gay men he'd counseled, 298 either had same sex abuse or a bad relationship with their father early in life.

Homosexual desire is not a choice, sexual activity is. "I can't help being gay" and "I cannot help being straight" aren't reasons to have sex before marriage.

Well, I have a masters in psychology and am working towards becoming and clinical psychologist. The causes of homosexuality being sexual abuse or a domineering mother is a myth, and a very long debunked one. While the causes of homosexuality or gender dysphoria are not fully understood scientifically we do know a few things.

- The more sons a woman has the greater the chance one will be gay. The hypothesis is that as the mother has more sons, her body becomes better at carrying the fetus to term by feminizing it.

- In twins, if one is gay there is a 65% chance the other twin will also be gay.

- While scientists have been looking at chromosomes and genes, no single "gay gene" has ever been found.

I have never met a single therapist who believes what you are stating. I'd like to know which "secular therapist" made such a claim? This "therapist" may want to move past Sigmund Freud.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  0

I believe this one has ran its course.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05