douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

4:2 Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead.

Peter and John were preaching Jesus. They were preaching Jesus and faith in Him unto eternal life. They were preaching His resurrection, and how that would ensure the resurrection of believers, and the coming earthly Kingdom promised to the nation of Israel. There is, however, no mention here of the cross of Christ Jesus; no mention of Jesus's sacrificial death, of Jesus being delivered for our offences and raised for our justification. It is the gospel of the Kingdom plus the resurrection of Christ, which is the gospel of the Circumcision, being preached.

4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

Peter is preaching the gospel of the Circumcision and the assurance of the coming Kingdom thru Christ's resurrection. He is still preaching faith in the name of Jesus, that Jesus is the Son of God and the Christ. Israel had to believe on Jesus to have eternal life; it was then required that they confess him, be baptized, and keep the law to enter the coming earthly Kingdom of Heaven.

4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Naming Jesus as the Christ, the Son of God was required for Jews to have eternal life. Although verse 12 is to the Jews, it is also for us. We can also acknowledge that it is only thru faith in Christ Jesus alone and His provision alone for our,forgiveness, justification, and righteousness unto eternal life.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

ACTS 4:2 [1]  When the Bible says that they were preaching "through" Jesus Christ the resurrection of the dead - it's implied that they are teaching/preaching everything - Jesus's death on the cross and HIS resurrection.

ACTS 4:2 [2] The reason that sentence doesn't go into all the detail is because the focus of that sentence is about the Sadducees distress in anyone teaching/preaching about a resurrection for anyone.  The Sadducees didn't believe in a resurrection.  They believed that once you die, that's it.  That statement does not say that Peter is leaving out the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus.

ACTS 4:10  [3] Not sure where circumcision or the law is found in this passage.  The Bible says here that Peter is asked where his authority comes from to heal a man and that by the power of the Holy Spirit Peter says that he healed the man, made him whole, by the power of Jesus Christ of Nazareth whom those people crucified and that God raised from the dead.

• Brilliant! 1

YOWM......Paul was not mentioned

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,130
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi douge,

I understand what you are trying to say, however you are not presenting it correctly. Yes the Pre-ascension Apostles were to declare that Jesus is both Lord and Christ. He is Israel`s Messiah. However the `kingdom rule of God through Israel,` that purpose was put on hold as the leaders of Israel rejected the Lord and His Holy Spirit. What we see the Holy spirit doing is revealing more and more of the Lord and what He is doing - at the right hand of the Father.

Further on we read that Jesus Himself opens up to the Apostle Paul, (Apostle to the Body) what Jesus is doing as LORD OF ALL. Jesus is interceding for believers, building them up and maturing them. The understanding of the Body of Christ is unfolded over time and reveals the great purpose of God that all will come together (in harmony) in Christ - not just Jews, but Gentiles.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Yowm said:

Why not?  He was just as Jewish as Peter was.

(also please quote me so I am alerted to respond to you. (I'll give you the same courtesy).

Sorry ...new to this...didn't know about quotes.

Paul was given the gospel of Grace by the revelation of Christ,he was not preaching the gospel of the Kingdom...he was preaching the interruption of Israel's program and the diminishing of Israel; and the dispensation of grace.

Paul was preaching salvation apart from Israel and apart from the law.

Paul was preaching a heavenly kingdom, not earthly, as promised to Israel.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

23 hours ago, Yowm said:

Why not?  He was just as Jewish as Peter was.

(also please quote me so I am alerted to respond to you. (I'll give you the same courtesy).

In fact , PAUL was actually trained quite well in the law .  a Pharisee.   YEP .   Oh but what a great change occurred in paul on the road to Damascus .   

And on that note ,     YEP ,  time to PRAISE THE LORD .     

4 hours ago, Yowm said:

But still Jewish.

Yowm ,  of course paul was jewish .     

But let no man ever worship the jew .   for a jew is no more saved than a gentile,   UNLESS they BELEIVE in the ONE WHOM GOD DID SEND .

I , is getting a bits worried for some folks ,  you know the ones who say every jew is saved .  as though GOD had some other plan for them .

THE ONLY PLAN of salvation GOD had for the jews or gentiles .   YEAH , HE DONE CAME and preached FIRST TO THE JEWS that plan .    LET NO MAN HEED HAGGI .  EVER ONCE .

not on my watch.       But you , you just leap up and praise the LORD .

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

No, I was only addressing your statement that Paul had a great change...which is true, but I added he remained Jewish, because many think a Jew ceases being Jewish when they become a Christian, which is ridiculous.

OH , I know .   I hear some say ,  the hundred and forty four thousand are gentiles too .      RIGHT ........................it clearly says they of the twelve tribes

meaning THEY are JEWS that are BORN AGAIN JEWS and not gentiles .   Many things get taught that ought not get taught .   And on that note , DONT HEED a word the POPE says .

19 hours ago, Yowm said:

So was Peter after the Cross as they were all in agreement in Acts 15.

(thx for quoting me)

Paul privately explained the gospel he was given to the Apostles; they agreed not to put gentiles under the law, they did not do the same to the Jewish saints however . They agreed Paul would go to the Gentiles and Peter to the Jews. Peter continued to preach the gospel of the circumcision ( Jesus is Christ, Son of God, crucified and risen, and coming to establish His Kingdom on earth ). Paul continued to go to Gentiles with gospel of Grace.

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Paul privately explained the Gospel to Peter? Where do you find that?

And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain. Galatians 2:2

And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision Galatians 2:9

Cephas is Peter