Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Here in L.A., some city areas have a coyote problem.   They were in my friend's yard at night, and had a live, small dog in one of their mouths!    My friend tried to scare them hoping they would drop the dog....but they ran off with it!

I hope she will get some information from her city on what they can use to defend themselves.  They have a small dog.

Anyone here have a coyote problem or have any ideas?   I thought of stun gun stick (not sure they are legal), maybe pepper spray?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

19 minutes ago, Debp said:

Here in L.A., some city areas have a coyote problem.   They were in my friend's yard at night, and had a live, small dog in one of their mouths!    My friend tried to scare them hoping they would drop the dog....but they ran off with it!

I hope she will get some information from her city on what they can use to defend themselves.  They have a small dog.

Anyone here have a coyote problem or have any ideas?   I thought of stun gun stick (not sure they are legal), maybe pepper spray?

Just three days ago , I seen a coyote running down the streets .      Way over here in texas .   it was too big to be fox .  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

21 minutes ago, Debp said:

BUY A ROTTWEILER .     Okay  I am kidding , but then again aint no coyote gonna face down a rott either .   

• Haha 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/06/1970

31 minutes ago, Debp said:

Wow!  Every time I think about coyotes, I am reminded of Walt Disney's "Road Runner!"and I have always felt sorry for the poor coyote.  Didn't realize they could be a huge problem to humans?  I live in Australia...we don't have coyotes over here.  I'd assume they are a "clever" animal?  Another suggestion could be "sling-shots?"  Is that illegal over there?  What about using something that gives off a loud "bang!" that might scare them off?  Just a few suggestions from the land, "Down Under!"

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,865
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Walt had not researched his cartoon as to reality for the coyote can run much faster than a road runner.    and they are very clever but not as much so as the fox's I've had to deal with over the past....   they are larger but the fox is much quicker.   Both are a danger to  other small pets including cats.   Outside of cities we just shoot them here in Oklahoma, but in most cities and towns it is illegal to fire any guns at all....    Here where I live you can't even shoot a BB gun legally.  Some people poison them, but that can be a problem for literally any animal that comes along including your neighbor's dog or cat or even your own.   Our cats in the past would just climb a tree until they went away, but they can't out run one.     Then our neighbor where I grew up had a big old yellow cat that weighed about 20 pounds that would just back them up and give them a whipping, but was as wild as a march hare...

7 minutes ago, other one said:

Walt had not researched his cartoon as to reality for the coyote can run much faster than a road runner.    and they are very clever but not as much so as the fox's I've had to deal with over the past....   they are larger but the fox is much quicker.   Both are a danger to  other small pets including cats.   Outside of cities we just shoot them here in Oklahoma, but in most cities and towns it is illegal to fire any guns at all....    Here where I live you can't even shoot a BB gun legally.  Some people poison them, but that can be a problem for literally any animal that comes along including your neighbor's dog or cat or even your own.   Our cats in the past would just climb a tree until they went away, but they can't out run one.     Then our neighbor where I grew up had a big old yellow cat that weighed about 20 pounds that would just back them up and give them a whipping, but was as wild as a march hare...

We learn something everyday!  Thanks for your input.  Interesting to hear that the coyote is much faster than a road runner, but slower than the fox.  They sound like a huge pest to me!  BTW, what is a "road-runner" in reality?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

If I had a dog in that area I would buy a fence they could not get over. I don't think you can shoot them in the city. Call animal control too.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

7 minutes ago, LivingbyFaith said:

BTW, what is a "road-runner" in reality?

:DI wanted to know myself. Looked it up just now.

From Merriam Webster-

: a long-tailed bird that is found in dry regions of the southwestern United States and is able to run very fast

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

:DI wanted to know myself. Looked it up just now.

From Merriam Webster-

: a long-tailed bird that is found in dry regions of the southwestern United States and is able to run very fast

Thanks for that.  Will look it up on google images.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,784
  • Content Per Day:  6.23
  • Days Won:  58

18 minutes ago, LivingbyFaith said:

We learn something everyday!  Thanks for your input.  Interesting to hear that the coyote is much faster than a road runner, but slower than the fox.  They sound like a huge pest to me!  BTW, what is a "road-runner" in reality?

Roadrunner is a cute bird in my area.