Becoming a foster parent?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

just wanting to hear any testimonies of others that may have been a foster parent or have been in the past. Good or bad I would love to hear your story as to help aid in the decision-making process.......thanks in advance God Bless

London fostering agencies

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/6/2018 at 5:39 AM, JamesAlex said:

just wanting to hear any testimonies of others that may have been a foster parent or have been in the past. Good or bad I would love to hear your story as to help aid in the decision-making process.......thanks in advance God Bless

You are giving much of your life to impact one life at a time. There will be trials--kids in foster homes suffer, many times, before you adopt--but blessings. Bless you!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,292
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 11/6/2018 at 2:39 AM, JamesAlex said:

My elderly aunt has had many foster children including a new born who was dropped off to her at about midnight.   Most of her experiences with the children have been good.   One little girl loved my aunt so much she begged to be adopted by my aunt....which my aunt finally did, when encouraged by the social worker.

My aunt takes them all to Sunday School and church which they love.    My aunt only had one bad experience recently when a 12 year old girl tried to commit suicide.   The girl had many severe issues and is now hospitalized.   But other than that, all of the other children have been alright and enjoying my aunt's care.   Besides taking them to church, she decorates for Christmas which they enjoy, celebrates their birthdays, bakes for them,  etc.   A nice home environment which most have never had...

One of my cousins also does foster care and it seems to be going alright, too.

I think it's a wonderful thing for Christians to do to help children....even if you just try it out to see if it fits you as a ministry.   If so, continue with fostering....if not, you can discontinue doing it.