• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,411
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

13 minutes ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

As usual, I don't recall what bible verse it is that states mankind was born with the knowledge within them that there is a God. In my own opinion, to believe that there isn't a God is straight out rebellion, and nothing else- because in our hearts, we all know the truth.

Maybe it's Romans 1 you are referencing .    It always boggles my mind though, that between China and India there are hundereds of millions of people who are either atheist  or worshiping other things than the God of the bible.  Then there is the whole muslim world with about 1 billion people on that side.   Just my ever ongoing thoughts.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Lol warrior12, I love your little fishing guy up there...that would be my luck! :D

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

35 minutes ago, warrior12 said:

Maybe it's Romans 1 you are referencing .    It always boggles my mind though, that between China and India there are hundereds of millions of people who are either atheist  or worshiping other things than the God of the bible.  Then there is the whole muslim world with about 1 billion people on that side.   Just my ever ongoing thoughts.

I agree, I always wondered about things like this - although I will forever believe that as Jesus said, "no man comes unto the Father except through Me", and that eternity with God depends solely on belief in who Jesus was, and what He came to earth to do....I've often wondered that since God knows our heart better than we ourselves know it, and since I have to wonder how many of those billions you speak of have ever actually heard, or know about the Gospel...maybe there is the possibility that God would know whether or not someone like that would believe in Jesus, if ever completely presented with it, since He knows our innermost thoughts, what motivates us, etc. I'm thinking that this wouldn't be the same thing for someone who really has heard about Jesus and is given the opportunity to choose, I'm talking about people like you're speaking of, in countries where I'm sure a lot of them don't even have an idea about it, you know?

Just me, rambling yet again, lol.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  11,715
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  106

On 12/18/2018 at 9:22 AM, Last Daze said:

I agree with your view of our speech being a reflection of our heart.  That truth is essential in order to correctly understand what is meant by blaspheming the Holy Ghost:

• The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.  Luke 6:45

The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin.  When convicted, a person will either humble themselves and repent, or they will reject His conviction by hardening their heart.  The Holy Spirit will continue to try and convict the unrepentant of their sins until a person hardens their heart beyond the point of repentance.  Only God knows when that point has been reached but a person's words reflect their heart condition.

Receiving the mark and worshiping the image is the sin of idolatry.  Those who are deceived into committing that sin will be forgiven if they repent of it.  The plagues will be used to convict the world of that idolatry.  Those who fail to repent will be eternally lost.  Those who are humbled by the plagues and repent will inherit the earth.

It's important to keep in mind the difference between willful sin and being deceived into a transgression.  Some people will be deceived into thinking that the false prophet is God because of the signs and wonders he performs.  They won't view receiving the mark and worshiping the image as "rejecting Jesus."  Regardless, sin is sin and no sin is acceptable for any reason.  It all needs to be avoided or repented of when convicted.

I agree with you about the receiving the mark is worshiping evil.  But  the reason I brought up with you and the rejecting of Jesus.   Blasphemy of the Holy Ghost is the unforgivable sin but rejecting Jesus also leads to the same.  As that kind of is my point, as the mark also the seems to be the in that same category with rejecting the Lord. A verse that indicates this is these two.  Revelation 13:8And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

This seems to be why the Good Lord stated rejoice if you names are written in heaven.

If your name is not found in this book you are sent to the lake of fire.  As this verse indicates that the people who worship the beast are not found in the book of life.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.28

On 12/18/2018 at 9:22 AM, Last Daze said:

It all needs to be avoided or repented of when convicted.

One cannot repent from taking the Mark of the beast.  period.

On 11/10/2018 at 5:34 AM, Last Daze said:

Why are we told of the status of people's repentance if its already a foregone conclusion that they can't repent because their fate is sealed?  Why even mention repentance at all during the plagues unless that was a reason for the plagues?

This is because there will still be many who are sitting on the fence.  Trying to decide,that's why we have the two witnesses proclaiming truth.  That's why the Saints, the elect are still here to proclaim the Gospel for the end time harvest.  

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

On 11/7/2018 at 10:58 PM, n2thelight said:

Mark of the beast

Does taking the mark condemn one forever?

The mark will likely be a government-mandated computer chip implant needed to buy or sell stuffs, similar to those implants used on dogs in USA today. Once taken, one will likely be a goner.

Edited by discipler777

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

On 12/29/2018 at 1:52 AM, ForHisGlory37 said:

One cannot repent from taking the Mark of the beast.  period.

Worshiping the image of the beast and receiving the mark of the beast is committing the sin of idolatry.  Idolatry is not blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.  According to Jesus, it will be forgiven.

• Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven.  Matthew 12:31
  • Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin.  Mark 3:28-29

That fact alone should disprove the "sealed fate" notion of receiving the mark.  Make no mistake, those who are deceived into worshiping the false prophet and receiving his mark are the objects of God's anger as described in Revelation 14.

• Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger."  Revelation 14:9-10a

The purpose of the plagues is to convict the deceived people that they've made an error in judgment and should repent of worshiping the false prophet.  It is not until late in the progression of the plagues that it is first mentioned that people don't repent.  If people can't repent of the mark, why even make mention that they don't repent, and why late in the plagues?  The only people who's fates are sealed are those who refuse to repent as Revelation 14 continues to describe.

• "And he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.  And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”  Revelation 14:10b-11

A cursory word study will show that the verbs "worship" and "receives" are both in the present, active tense.  This passage describes the fate of those who refused to repent.

I think the whole "sealed fate" notion stems from the idea that receiving the mark only describe a one-time action.  There may be an initial receiving of the mark but the mark also allows for an ongoing receiving of its benefits, buying and selling.  It will be utilized as often as cash and cards are today.   I think that's why "worshiping the image" never comes up as sealing one's fate, because people recognize the ongoing nature of worshiping and that such an ongoing activity can be repented of, or stopped.  There is also an ongoing aspect to the mark that can be repented of.  I've never heard anyone say that the first time you worship the image that you're fate is sealed.  

Acknowledging that sin is forgivable does not advocate engaging in sin.  The mark and the image should be avoided at all costs, even if it means forfeiting one's mortal life, which is very likely.  To continue Revelation 14:

• Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.  Revelation 14:12

11 hours ago, Last Daze said:

Worshiping the image of the beast and receiving the mark of the beast is committing the sin of idolatry.  Idolatry is not blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.  According to Jesus, it will be forgiven.

• Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven.  Matthew 12:31
  • Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin.  Mark 3:28-29

That fact alone should disprove the "sealed fate" notion of receiving the mark.  Make no mistake, those who are deceived into worshiping the false prophet and receiving his mark are the objects of God's anger as described in Revelation 14.

• Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength in the cup of His anger."  Revelation 14:9-10a

The purpose of the plagues is to convict the deceived people that they've made an error in judgment and should repent of worshiping the false prophet.  It is not until late in the progression of the plagues that it is first mentioned that people don't repent.  If people can't repent of the mark, why even make mention that they don't repent, and why late in the plagues?  The only people who's fates are sealed are those who refuse to repent as Revelation 14 continues to describe.

• "And he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.  And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”  Revelation 14:10b-11

A cursory word study will show that the verbs "worship" and "receives" are both in the present, active tense.  This passage describes the fate of those who refused to repent.

I think the whole "sealed fate" notion stems from the idea that receiving the mark only describe a one-time action.  There may be an initial receiving of the mark but the mark also allows for an ongoing receiving of its benefits, buying and selling.  It will be utilized as often as cash and cards are today.   I think that's why "worshiping the image" never comes up as sealing one's fate, because people recognize the ongoing nature of worshiping and that such an ongoing activity can be repented of, or stopped.  There is also an ongoing aspect to the mark that can be repented of.  I've never heard anyone say that the first time you worship the image that you're fate is sealed.  

Acknowledging that sin is forgivable does not advocate engaging in sin.  The mark and the image should be avoided at all costs, even if it means forfeiting one's mortal life, which is very likely.  To continue Revelation 14:

• Here is the perseverance of the saints who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.  Revelation 14:12

When one takes the MOB, they are renouncing the Name of Jesus and not trusting in Him.  Also, when you take the mark, you are forfeiting your soul and the deed to your eternal security.  Just like Esau who forfeited his birthright for a bowl of soup.  Once he lost the blessing, Isaac could not give him the blessing even though he wanted too.  Taking the MOB is saying you trust in the devil and not Jesus.  Once you take the MOB, One cannot and will not worship Jesus anymore.  You won't be able to repent from it either.  That is where God draws the line.  If one takes the MOB, one cannot help but worship the beast.  That is what I think you don't seem to understand.  Once one takes the MOB, there is no turning back.....

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

10 hours ago, ForHisGlory37 said:

When one takes the MOB, they are renouncing the Name of Jesus and not trusting in Him.  Also, when you take the mark, you are forfeiting your soul and the deed to your eternal security.  Just like Esau who forfeited his birthright for a bowl of soup.  Once he lost the blessing, Isaac could not give him the blessing even though he wanted too.  Taking the MOB is saying you trust in the devil and not Jesus.  Once you take the MOB, One cannot and will not worship Jesus anymore.  You won't be able to repent from it either.  That is where God draws the line.  If one takes the MOB, one cannot help but worship the beast.  That is what I think you don't seem to understand.  Once one takes the MOB, there is no turning back.....

Those who take the MoB are deceived into thinking that he is God because of the signs and wonders he performs.

• And he deceives those who dwell on the earth because of the signs which it was given him to perform in the presence of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who had the wound of the sword and has come to life.  Revelation 13:14

Those people don't see taking the mark and worshiping the image as "renouncing the name of Jesus."  They're deceived.  Esau wasn't deceived into giving up his birthright.