n2thelight

Mark of the beast

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

Off topic. Just deal with the fact God's mercy and forgiveness are free to all who call upon Him at any time throughout the known universe, and to the end of time.

Unless in the case of blasphemy againt the holy Spirit, that is THE ONLY UNFORGIVABLE SIN. 

Not off topic at all. I wonder if you “really” read it as God speaking. God is patient and long suffering...but His patience has a limit as with Noah and Lot.

1 hour ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

those who take the mark are going to be well aware of what it is they are doing, to whom, etc.-

Agreed. What we know is the mark is presented as 'no man may buy or sell except he has the mark'. Its not presented as a choice between God or self gratification. We understand what it means, you and I, but what about 2 billion Muslims? Or a billion Hindi? They will see it as a life line, not necessarily a choice between eternal life and rejection of the Savior of all mankind. 

This is why the first angel calls for mankind to give glory to God, and why the third angel gives the warning of doom to those who take the mark and worship the beast and his image. 

Its also why verse 13 says, "Blessed are those who die in the Lord henceforth."

Now everyone knows as the message of the first and third angel goes out to everyone. No more excuses and a last chance repent and stop actively and presently worshiping the image and relying on the mark to save your life. Even after that, during wrath, scripture says,

"but they refused to repent and glorify him."

"they refused to repent of what they had done."

Must mean there was yet a chance to repent otherwise why mention it?

As you say this life is but dust in the wind, eternal life is the will of God for us. A merciful God will give everyone every chance to repent and avoid an eternity of punishment.

God's mercy endures forever.

God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. 

2 hours ago, Littlelambseativy said:

Not off topic at all. I wonder if you “really” read it as God speaking. God is patient and long suffering...but His patience has a limit as with Noah and Lot.

Doesn't address the OP. 

Does God's mercy extend to those who have been duped into believing in the beast, or is it just for elite, pretrib western churches?

1 hour ago, Diaste said:

Agreed. What we know is the mark is presented as 'no man may buy or sell except he has the mark'. Its not presented as a choice between God or self gratification. We understand what it means, you and I, but what about 2 billion Muslims? Or a billion Hindi? They will see it as a life line, not necessarily a choice between eternal life and rejection of the Savior of all mankind. 

This is why the first angel calls for mankind to give glory to God, and why the third angel gives the warning of doom to those who take the mark and worship the beast and his image. 

Its also why verse 13 says, "Blessed are those who die in the Lord henceforth."

Now everyone knows as the message of the first and third angel goes out to everyone. No more excuses and a last chance repent and stop actively and presently worshiping the image and relying on the mark to save your life. Even after that, during wrath, scripture says,

"but they refused to repent and glorify him."

"they refused to repent of what they had done."

Must mean there was yet a chance to repent otherwise why mention it?

That is definitely something to think on. I notice that you are very in tune to the idea that God is completely merciful, and is willing to go as far as need be in order to demonstrate His unfathomable mercy, and I completely agree with you. I, on the other hand, have a 'thing' about feeling that God can see into and know the deepest thoughts, desires, and motives of our hearts, and I think maybe in my own mind, I think to myself that because there are so many people such as you said who have never even remotely heard the Gospel or know of Jesus, maybe God knows in their heart what they would do with Jesus if they DID know or hear about Him..? Maybe in this way, looking in the heart of ALL mankind, God in His infinite love, and mercy, reaches those who haven't heard of Him, in that way...? It's just a thought, and when I think of it in this way, it makes me realize and understand that God's love for us is so deep and such a beautiful mystery, that this side of heaven we'll never fully understand it.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

That is definitely something to think on. I notice that you are very in tune to the idea that God is completely merciful, and is willing to go as far as need be in order to demonstrate His unfathomable mercy, and I completely agree with you. I, on the other hand, have a 'thing' about feeling that God can see into and know the deepest thoughts, desires, and motives of our hearts, and I think maybe in my own mind, I think to myself that because there are so many people such as you said who have never even remotely heard the Gospel or know of Jesus, maybe God knows in their heart what they would do with Jesus if they DID know or hear about Him..? Maybe in this way, looking in the heart of ALL mankind, God in His infinite love, and mercy, reaches those who haven't heard of Him, in that way...? It's just a thought, and when I think of it in this way, it makes me realize and understand that God's love for us is so deep and such a beautiful mystery, that this side of heaven we'll never fully understand it.

Yes! And that applies to me as well, I believe, yet i need him to reach me always. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi Mystic_Pizza

Well said.

Matt 10:33 says.... But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. 

God knows our hearts. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

Well said.

Matt 10:33 says.... But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. 

God knows our hearts. 

Do you think that Jesus is going to deny Peter before the Father?  Why or why not?

1 hour ago, Last Daze said:

Do you think that Jesus is going to deny Peter before the Father?  Why or why not?

I don't think so, because God knows his heart - Peter was scared, obviously, he reacted badly, but then went away 'crying bitterly', didn't he? My own thought is that God knew Peter's heart, and I would bet Peter was just sick and remorseful about what he had done, more than likely begged forgiveness, and he was forgiven. I think there is a huge difference in 'denying before men', and what Peter did, even though that's, in essence, what he did: And I think the intent would have everything in the world to do with that difference- the Lord, knowing our heart, most definitely knows our deepest intent.

1 hour ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

I don't think so, because God knows his heart - Peter was scared, obviously, he reacted badly, but then went away 'crying bitterly', didn't he? My own thought is that God knew Peter's heart, and I would bet Peter was just sick and remorseful about what he had done, more than likely begged forgiveness, and he was forgiven. I think there is a huge difference in 'denying before men', and what Peter did, even though that's, in essence, what he did: And I think the intent would have everything in the world to do with that difference- the Lord, knowing our heart, most definitely knows our deepest intent.

So then, the same for worshipping an image or sporting a badge of fealty; repent and be forgiven.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Diaste said:

So then, the same for worshipping an image or sporting a badge of fealty; repent and be forgiven.

Are you talking about taking the mark when you say 'worshiping an image'? Since we're in "Mark of the Beast", I'll assume ;-D 

I posted the verses in Revelation that lead me to believe that taking the mark is, possibly, something that cannot be undone. This is something I am not at all 100% sure of, but the penalty for taking the mark - as read in Revelation - makes me want to take no chances, just in case it can't be undone. Why anyone would want to lead people to believe that there is a possibility taking the mark is forgivable, is beyond me- why would anyone want to take the chance on something where the consequences could be beyond catastrophic, and permanent in a sense that we can't even begin to imagine?

If that wasn't what was meant, please disregard :D

Otherwise, in answer to the questions: yes, to the above. Unless it's the mark of the beast, in which case all bets are off, lol.

Edited by Mystic_Pizza
addition