• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,695
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  04/11/1968

13 minutes ago, Diaste said:

I understand. My last word on this:

The chance for repentance of failing the test isn't for the elect; it's for those who didn't have knowledge of the consequences.

If anyone genuinely knew the consequences, they would never do wrong. This is the age of faith, where God goes behind the logic of the mind and reaches out to people on a spiritual level. The spirit knows that truth and either rejects it or accepts it.  None of those who reject the truth know the consequences on a mental level, it is all occurring on a spiritual level. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,600
  • Content Per Day:  2.00

12 minutes ago, ARGOSY said:

If anyone genuinely knew the consequences, they would never do wrong. This is the age of faith, where God goes behind the logic of the mind and reaches out to people on a spiritual level. The spirit knows that truth and either rejects it or accepts it.  None of those who reject the truth know the consequences on a mental level, it is all occurring on a spiritual level. 

Three audible messages:

Then I saw another angel flying overhead, with the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation and tribe and tongue and people. 7 He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come. Worship the One who made the heavens and the earth and the sea and the springs of waters.”

8 Then a second angel followed, saying, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, who has made all the nations drink the wine of the passion of her immorality.”

9 And a third angel followed them, calling out in a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and its image, and receives its mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he too will drink the wine of God’s anger, poured undiluted into the cup of His wrath. And he will be tormented in fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment will rise forever and ever. Day and night there will be no rest for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2

20 minutes ago, Diaste said:

Three audible messages:

Then I saw another angel flying overhead, with the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation and tribe and tongue and people. 7 He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come. Worship the One who made the heavens and the earth and the sea and the springs of waters.”

8 Then a second angel followed, saying, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, who has made all the nations drink the wine of the passion of her immorality.”

9 And a third angel followed them, calling out in a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and its image, and receives its mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he too will drink the wine of God’s anger, poured undiluted into the cup of His wrath. And he will be tormented in fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment will rise forever and ever. Day and night there will be no rest for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.”

I guess that is one way of seeing it.  Those angels give John a lot of info in a loud voice, I just don't see any indication in the text that they are expected to do so again to unsaved humans in future. 

1 minute ago, ARGOSY said:

I guess that is one way of seeing it.  Those angels give John a lot of info in a loud voice, I just don't see any indication in the text that they are expected to do so again to unsaved humans in future. 

Not totally clear when this occurs; but I suspect from the surrounding events and the "hour of His judgment has come", it's very late in the week and probably just prior to the beginning of wrath.

Last call, last warning.

These angels are giving the earth this info at the time of the end, even if we don't know the exact relation to other end time events. John is only seeing the three angels proclaim their messages to "those who dwell on the earth—to every nation and tribe and tongue and people" and the event is yet future from Jan 14, 2019.

1 minute ago, Diaste said:

Not totally clear when this occurs; but I suspect from the surrounding events and the "hour of His judgment has come", it's very late in the week and probably just prior to the beginning of wrath.

Last call, last warning.

These angels are giving the earth this info at the time of the end, even if we don't know the exact relation to other end time events. John is only seeing the three angels proclaim their messages to "those who dwell on the earth—to every nation and tribe and tongue and people" and the event is yet future from Jan 14, 2019.

The text does not say they are giving the earth any information. There are many angels all over Revelation speaking to each other or giving John info in a loud voice. These angels are in the "midst of heaven" when they speak in a loud voice, giving revelation to John in a loud voice, just like the other angels in 5:2  7:2  8:13 14:15 19:17

Yes the first angel does have the gospel to preach, but the text does not say he preaches it directly to earth in a loud voice. That  gospel angel tells John in a loud voice to worship God. 

4 minutes ago, ARGOSY said:

Yes the first angel does have the gospel to preach, but the text does not say he preaches it directly to earth in a loud voice. That  gospel angel tells John in a loud voice to worship God

Then I saw another angel flying overhead, with the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation and tribe and tongue and people. 

So yeah, the eternal gospel, to those on earth, directly, not to John.

The second angel I don't know who that message goes to, I assume it's to the earth again.

The third angel says, "...if anyone..." so I assume again it's to the nations, tribes, tongues and people.

11 minutes ago, Diaste said:

Then I saw another angel flying overhead, with the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation and tribe and tongue and people. 

So yeah, the eternal gospel, to those on earth, directly, not to John.

The second angel I don't know who that message goes to, I assume it's to the earth again.

The third angel says, "...if anyone..." so I assume again it's to the nations, tribes, tongues and people.

Okay I see it differently from the NIV:

Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth—to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people— saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come

John is in heaven, he sees an angel flying around in heaven, saying to John  "Fear God and give glory to Him"

This angel is the one in charge of the everlasting gospel

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, ARGOSY said:

The way you said that was so clear and concise, thank you. It's pretty much the way I thought about it, but I manage to talk a blue streak without quite getting my point across, lol. It's akin to God seeing the true intent of the heart, beyond what man can see.

Edited by Mystic_Pizza
Addition

4 hours ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

The way you said that was so clear and concise, thank you. It's pretty much the way I thought about it, but I manage to talk a blue streak without quite getting my point across, lol. It's akin to God seeing the true intent of the heart, beyond what man can see.

Less pizza , more spinach hahaha

The seed goes out spiritually with the truth,  no matter the eloquence which is just a surface thing. Exactly , God sees the heart and through that the truth is spread. 

Edited by ARGOSY

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  269
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0

Hi all,

Coming in on this at a very late time, but believe the "mark" is NOT a physical one. There are a lot of pages here, but I don't see anything concerning what it actually means or is referring to?

We know that it involves the hand and the forehead, but spiritually it means our actions (hands) and our mind/thoughts (forehead). Also, it is the number of man, or a man, and the number of (or by) his name. 

Notice that Scripture has chapters and verses (numbers) that are NOT FROM GOD but from men. Also many "books" of the Bible are the names of MEN and so we have a man's name, and numbers supplied by men in order to identify specific verses in Scripture.

Now for the fun part...

There is ONLY ONE Book of the Bible with a 66th verse of its 6th chapter....    John 6:66 "From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him."

There you have the "Mark of the Beast" = A "believer" who refuses to walk in obedience to his 'master' and Lord.