n2thelight

Mark of the beast

If you are born again so to speak you have the Holy Spirit within you....   and the Holy Spirit can not be deceived and will not let you accidentally or by deception condemn yourself to hell....

If you guys don't trust the Holy Spirit I don't know how to discuss it with you.....

btw if you do not have the Holy Spirit (born again/saved whatever you want to call it) you will take the mark....     everyone who is not in the book of life will follow the beast.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, other one said:

If you are born again so to speak you have the Holy Spirit within you....   and the Holy Spirit can not be deceived and will not let you accidentally or by deception condemn yourself to hell....

If you guys don't trust the Holy Spirit I don't know how to discuss it with you.....

btw if you do not have the Holy Spirit (born again/saved whatever you want to call it) you will take the mark....     everyone who is not in the book of life will follow the beast.

That's really the point we are making. It's not the elect that will be deceived, obviously. 

Maybe this is a minor distinction but important none the less; it's not that people will 'follow the beast', they will follow their bellies. To take the mark means they get to eat, a powerful motivation. If they don't worship the image they are killed, another powerful motivator. They will be self motivated to save their lives and avoid slow death, through fear.

Scripture says,

"so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship it to be killed."

"so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark"

People are deceived into believing the above is how they avoid death and continue to eat again, though fear. Are you of the mind that not a single person could renounce this temporary path to life and find the Way, the Truth, and the Life?

None of them from the time GT begins till Jesus begins His reign? I think a great many will turn away from the beast and find salvation, who did not believe before GT.

Posted (edited)

If you cannot buy, sell, have no money, are hungry for days on end ... or your child is starving..what will you do? No water, no juice, no food as we have seen in the stores when hurricanes are coming, what will you do? This is 7 years we are told. Will you no do anything to survive? If you have money and can buy others will attempt or successfully kill you...no gas for the car...where will you hide? The tribulation is worse than WW2. That is why Jesus will take the believers faithful to Him away from the horror of a time like no other.

you are not being realistic but very idealistic about that time.

Edited by Littlelambseativy

Reading through these comments, I don't get the impression anyone here realizes just how bad it's going to get during the tribulation.

Isaiah 24:20
The earth will stagger like a drunken man, and will sway back and forth like a hammock. Its disobedience will be heavy on it, and it will fall and not rise again.

The earth's orbit will be erratic which makes sense after the star and mountain shorten the length of a day to 16 hours.

Revelation 8:12
And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

"Day" and "night" are time references, therefore 24 hours x 1/3 = 8, 24 - 8 = 16 hours, or "day" is 8 hours long and "night" is 8 hours long.

Isaiah 13:11-13
I will punish the world for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity. I will cause the arrogance of the proud to cease, and will humble the haughtiness of the terrible. I will make people more rare than fine gold, even a person than the pure gold of Ophir. Therefore I will make the heavens tremble, and the earth will be shaken out of its place in the wrath of Yahweh of Armies, and in the day of his fierce anger.

When you add up all the disasters and wrath of God, humans will be fewer than gold. Today, it's estimated that there are 7.5 billion people on the planet. That is, 5.5 billion will be killed. There's no food, gas, water, electricity, medicine, no people. Take every end-of-the-world movie and make it 10 times worse and you have an idea of how bad it's going to be.

The Christians before this time will be removed to attend judgment at the Judgement Seat of Christ, 2 Cor 5:10,

Revelation 11:18
And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

People always say that Revelation is allegorical, or metaphorical, but in the end, it's literal and chronological. We can see this by the use of "after this" throughout.

Revelation 4:1 After this

Revelation 7:1 And after these things

Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld

Revelation 9:12 One woe is past; and, behold, there come two woes more after this.

Revelation 11:11 And after

Revelation 15:5 And after that

Revelation 18:1 And after these things

Revelation 19:1 And after these things

Furthermore, the events are numbered and executed in order:

Revelation 5:1  seven seals

Revelation 8:2  seven trumpets

Revelation 8:13  Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth

Revelation 10:3 seven thunders

Revelation 15:1 seven last plagues

Revelation 15:7 seven golden vials

Finally, God tells us the order of execution in Isaiah:

Isaiah 46:9-10
Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me; declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times things that are not yet done; saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure;

So let's go from the beginning, backward and see how it pans out:

Genesis 8 - Outpouring of the Holy Spirit (dove) - Last Days pour out Spirit

Genesis 7 - Shaking of the Earth - Earthquakes in divers places

Genesis 6 - Signs of the Days of Noah - violence and evil therefore the love of man grows cold

Genesis 5 - Rapture of Enoch - Rapture of the church

Genesis 4 - Marking of Cain - Marking of God's 144,000 and Mark of the Beast for the rest

Genesis 3 - Satan won over man 3:15 - Satan loses over a Man, Rev 20:2

Genesis 2 - Perfect Paradise - Rev 22 Perfect Paradise

Genesis 1 -

• Time Begins - Time Ends;

• God walked with man - God walks with man;

• Tree of Life - Tree of Life heals the nations;

• Adam and Eve - Jesus and His Bride;

• No sickness or death - No more sickness or death;

First two chapters of the word of God are perfect. Alef; Alpha

Last two chapters of the word of God are perfect. Tav; Omega

Genesis - Nimrod one world government; tower of Babel

Revelation - Antichrist one world government; mystery Babylon; Babylon is destroyed

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/8/2018 at 8:05 AM, Last Daze said:

All it takes is a basic understanding of grammar and a little bit of word studying to realize that it is talking about those who refuse to repent.

Or.

You can hold on to the "sealed fate" notion that directly contradicts what Jesus plainly stated about forgiveness.

It's up to you.

I haven't even gone past the first page here, but this bothers me a lot- if you're wrong in the way you are interpreting forgiveness/repentance about taking the mark, there would be no going back once a person has taken it. I can admire those who study the bible, interpret it and everything else, but when the penalty of possibly being wrong means eternal damnation? I'll just leave it alone, because no matter how intelligent I think I am, no matter how well-read I believe myself to be, I wouldn't touch something like that, and possibly be responsible for causing others to do something that could - very possibly - condemn them.

58 minutes ago, Mystic_Pizza said:

I haven't even gone past the first page here, but this bothers me a lot- if you're wrong in the way you are interpreting forgiveness/repentance about taking the mark, there would be no going back once a person has taken it. I can admire those who study the bible, interpret it and everything else, but when the penalty of possibly being wrong means eternal damnation? I'll just leave it alone, because no matter how intelligent I think I am, no matter how well-read I believe myself to be, I wouldn't touch something like that, and possibly be responsible for causing others to do something that could - very possibly - condemn them.

The flip side of that coin is that people double-down on their errant decision because they're convinced that they can't repent.  Either idolatry is a forgivable sin or it is not.  According to the words of Jesus, it is.  He doesn't change horses in the middle of the stream.  

The mark and the image are to be avoided at all cost, even death.  Those deceived into receiving his mark and worshiping the image are guilty of the sin of idolatry.  The plagues will convict them of their sin.  Those who respond to the conviction of the plagues and repent and reject the man of sin will be forgiven of their idolatry, according to the words of Jesus.  Truth is truth.  Overstating consequences or embellishing the truth serves no useful purpose.  Ask Eve.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Last Daze said:

The flip side of that coin is that people double-down on their errant decision because they're convinced that they can't repent.  Either idolatry is a forgivable sin or it is not.  According to the words of Jesus, it is.  He doesn't change horses in the middle of the stream.  

The mark and the image are to be avoided at all cost, even death.  Those deceived into receiving his mark and worshiping the image are guilty of the sin of idolatry.  The plagues will convict them of their sin.  Those who respond to the conviction of the plagues and repent and reject the man of sin will be forgiven of their idolatry, according to the words of Jesus.  Truth is truth.  Overstating consequences or embellishing the truth serves no useful purpose.  Ask Eve.

I understand what you're saying, I'm just saying that the possible consequences of taking the mark - eternal damnation, 'the smoke of their suffering ascends forever and ever', etc.' - could be impossible to undo. If this lands on my ability to discern whether or not taking the mark is something that can't be forgiven according to my ability to rightly interpret what it is I'm reading about it, I will most definitely err on the side of caution- in my opinion, the stakes are just far too high to chance being wrong, in this particular situation.

You cannot interpret what God is saying...you accept it or not. This is black and white no grey. Accepting the mark of the beast is eternal separation from God. Nothing is clearer than that, as was pointed out by the example of Adam and Eve. They were told what the consequences would be but chose to think He did not mean it...

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Diaste said:

That's really the point we are making. It's not the elect that will be deceived, obviously. 

Maybe this is a minor distinction but important none the less; it's not that people will 'follow the beast', they will follow their bellies. To take the mark means they get to eat, a powerful motivation. If they don't worship the image they are killed, another powerful motivator. They will be self motivated to save their lives and avoid slow death, through fear.

Scripture says,

"so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship it to be killed."

"so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark"

People are deceived into believing the above is how they avoid death and continue to eat again, though fear. Are you of the mind that not a single person could renounce this temporary path to life and find the Way, the Truth, and the Life?

None of them from the time GT begins till Jesus begins His reign? I think a great many will turn away from the beast and find salvation, who did not believe before GT.

the people who are not born again are going to think the beast/antichrist (whatever we want to call him) is the greatest thing since sliced bread...   they will worship him and take his mark for who he is, I think the mark is just a secondary thing showing allegiance to the beast.....    and that is a fatal decision...    I don't think you can convince them not to take the mark with any common sense approach.....   they will either have the Holy Spirit or not...   that's my point.

• Brilliant! 1

Posted (edited)

You forget, the born again will be with Jesus in heaven.

Those who denied Him will have to make the choice to follow the Antichrist and take the Chip  or die. No brainer...

you think life will proceed as it is now...imagine all  Christians gone...what is left? Anarchy and the Antichrist. 

Edited by Littlelambseativy