n2thelight

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

What was satan's sin and when did he commit it?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

It is my understanding that Satan pretty much got full of himself and sought to be greater than the Father and talked a third of the celestial beings to join his rebellion.....   it happen prior to Eve's deception and Adam's sin of disobeying God.

Edited by other one
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Betha said:

he committed gross disobedience/rebellion against his Creator when he was LUCIFER the ARCHangel with a very high position with God...we can read this in Isah 14v (12-15) and Ezek 28v(12-18) the King of Tyrus is used as a comparison to satan. 

for anyone in disobedience and rejection of HIS WILL has no Eternity with Him....no matter who they are or how important they deem themselves. In this period of GRACE we are given time to repent of similar behaviour and HUMBLY TURN TO OUR MAKER !

When and why didn't God kill him and all that followed at that time?

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 minute ago, n2thelight said:

When and why didn't God kill him and all that followed at that time?

God did! He is eternally separated from The Life that 'IS' in God alone...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,447
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

2 hours ago, other one said:

It is my understanding that Satan pretty much got full of himself and sought to be greater than the Father and talked a third of the celestial beings to join his rebellion.....   it happen prior to Eve's deception and Adam's sin of disobeying God.

Interesting topic! In my opinion it all boils down to one word, "Pride", caused Lucifer's fall. Based on the scripture below and many other scriptures, the following is the picture I developed of Satan in addition to light:

He was the most beautiful being God created and had the most duties and responsibilities, he was the #1 cherub. I think he was the heavenly music director and possibly lead the heavenly host in worship. It appears he has reptilian features based on a number of descriptions; his body is made up of precious stones and musical instruments. I believe he is the missing 5th cherub that covered the throne of God, as there are four now that surround the throne of God. The remaining four cherub that surround the throne of God and descriptions seem to represent and watch over; man, the fowl, wild animals and domestic animals. The reptile and fish kingdom seem to be omitted and not watched over. 

We know the angels in Heaven shouted for joy at the creation. So when Lucifer fell would be a conjecture on ones view of a young or old earth creation. But that's another thread.

Ezekiel 28:14 (KJV) Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. [Emphasis mine]

Isaiah 14:13 (KJV) For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: [Pride]

Ezekiel 28:13 (KJV) Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Ezekiel 28:16 (KJV) By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. [Emphasis mine]

Just my thoughts and thinking process.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1972

I always wondered how "sin" ever enter a perfect place like heaven... I asked God to clarify that for me: He told me that Lucifer got jealous of God, and Jealousy IS in heaven, but it belongs to God, "God is a jealous God" Lucifer did what he does best... took something that was good, and even belonged to God, and twisted for his own purpose.

Edited by Faithbuilders
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Betha said:

Angels (devils and demons that some have become) are made of different material than Humans and therefore can not be killed instantly as we are. They are now separated from God awaiting their eternal punishment but also serving us 'as an example NOT to OPPOSE GOD ! or man will suffer the same fate. 2Pet 2v3,  Jude 6,7,8,

Guess what I'm asking is ,why didn't the eternal punishment happen then?

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

3 hours ago, n2thelight said:

Guess what I'm asking is ,why didn't the eternal punishment happen then?

He's used him to test us in a freewill setting to find those of us that he can trust not to rebel against him....   it's my understanding that when we receive our new resurrected bodies we will be a bit above the angels.....    God was making a powerful being when he made Lucifer and we will have a status above his if I understand our future.  When he has the number he needs, it's off to the fires of hell for everything not trustworthy to be in the new heaven and earth.

at least that's the way I see it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,447
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

2 hours ago, other one said:

He's used him to test us in a freewill setting to find those of us that he can trust not to rebel against him....   it's my understanding that when we receive our new resurrected bodies we will be a bit above the angels.....    God was making a powerful being when he made Lucifer and we will have a status above his if I understand our future.  When he has the number he needs, it's off to the fires of hell for everything not trustworthy to be in the new heaven and earth.

at least that's the way I see it.

I don't know about being above angels... I believe some will be judging fallen angels, princes and powers and demons?

Luke 20:36 (KJV) Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Here's one thing I've pondered, and maybe someone here can give me some insight? In our resurrected / Rapture bodies we will never again experience death or physical pain. We humans, as well as angels are created beings, created with an eternal spirit. Angels are spirits but capable of transforming to appear as human. 

I find no instance in the Bible where an angel (either good or evil) died, or was hurt or injured, but withstood. There are a number of instances in the Bible where good angels fought and or withstood evil angels. I.E. Daniel, Revelation and the future war in Heaven. 

Now to the question: If angels are eternal, and can't die or be hurt and injured, having constant spiritual warfare, how does that work? I have to assume at this point that evil angels can only be restrained and/or relocated to another place? They fight and battle and there are victories, but how given the preceding? 

I know I'm not the first to think about this, but I don't believe I've ever heard it discussed? I think this question ties into the topic.

Edited by Dennis1209

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I don't know about being above angels...

Luke 20:36 (KJV) Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Here's one thing I've pondered, and maybe someone here can give me some insight? In our resurrected / Rapture bodies we will never again experience death or physical pain. We humans, as well as angels are created beings, created with an eternal spirit. Angels are spirits but capable of transforming to appear as human. 

I find no instance in the Bible where an angel (either good or evil) died, or was hurt or injured, but withstood. There are a number of instances in the Bible where good angels fought and or withstood evil angels. I.E. Daniel, Revelation and the future war in Heaven. 

Now to the question: If angels are eternal, and can't die or be hurt and injured, having constant spiritual warfare, how does that work? I have to assume at this point that evil angels can only be restrained and/or relocated to another place? They fight and battle and there are victories, but how given the preceding? 

I know I'm not the first to think about this, but I don't believe I've ever heard it discussed? I think this question ties into the topic.

All things are tested by God who cannot be moved... in this testing of fire that which is not of God is revealed to be so. God 'IS' Spirit in begin and now in body in Christ Jesus and all that is created and joined itself to satan has changed nothing in the eternal plans of God seen in the eternal state...