IowaChristiangal

Contemporary Christian Music. Yay or Nay?

Big Daddy Weave and Brandon Heath.

Me, my son, and a few good Christian friends are going to a concert tonight-Big Daddy Weave and Brandon Heath. I haven't seen them in concert but I have heard them on the radio before and I do like their music. My church is completely against Contemporary music altogether. I personally believe that Christian music(contemporary or hymns) has helped me get through a lot... and when I say that music has helped me, let me be more specific, God has helped me and sometimes He's used music. I believe everything happens for a reason and we don't know at the time what the reason is but God does. Likewise, I don't think that it is complete coincidence when you hear a song on the radio that completely relates to what you are going through and in encourages you. How do you feel about this? 

Other Contemporary Christian music I like:

Casting Crowns,Unsopken ,Mercy Me,Rend Collective,Danny Gokey ,Steven Curtis Chapman ,Chris Tomlin,Lauren Daigle, Newsboys, Sidewalk Prophets, For King and Country, Francesca Battistelli, Sanctus Real, Hawk Nelson.

Radio Stations I listen to : 88.1, 101.9 

Please let me know your views and opinions. I have never had an outlet to civilly discuss these kind of topics and I am excited to actually hear both sides instead of being told I'm 110% wrong. 

Thanx 

Iowa ❤️

I enjoy music, and I like many of the groups you mention above.  If it glorifies God, it is a good thing in my opinion.

God bless

crowder band, micheal smith, third day, phillips craig n dean, zach willams, cindy morgan, watermark, cristy nockles, Darlene Z., matt redmann, hillsong, chris tomlin, jaci v., nicole c. mullen...

what do i think... Turn it UP!