Prayer

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

How do you create a confident prayer life?

• 1 year later...
On 11/8/2018 at 4:02 PM, Pencil24 said:

Hello, and I’m sorry that no one has responded to you. Truly, that’s pretty incredible considering the quality of your question.

Let’s get to it. First, I would say that a person really can’t develop a confident, or quality prayer life. Instead, I would say that God, if He has Truly Indwelt a person, that person will have a confident Prayer Life developed within them by God Himself.

I would encourage you to read the Bible in a Timeline, Chronological order (can be found online, or I can get you a copy). In by reading the Bible in the True Story-line format that it has, you will come to better understand the Plan of God. And in this process of discovering the Plan of God, you will see that the Primary context of the Bible is that of God’s Holy, Raw and Almighty Power. He is Powerful alone, for no one can do what He has done, is currently doing and will be doing in the future. You see, God is in control of ALL things, including our hearts. How do we know? The Bible tells us clearly that God hardens hearts and is the only one that can un-harden hearts. Either way, God is in control with the direction of our thoughts . . . we cannot escape this fact and reality. God truly is in control of all things. All things.

So if God is in control of all things, I would then have to suggest that there is a reason for why you do not have a confident prayer life. Have you truly submitted your life to Him? Do you truly live for Him throughout your entire day? Is God your focus from start to end? When you say that you are a “slave to Christ,” do you really mean that, or are you like everyone else and just saying what you think others want you to hear? You see, we cannot have a prayer life if we do not obey; if we have not Truly submitted to Christ. Let me give you a simple breakdown through the acronym BSOCS (Bee Socks).

Believe, Submit, Obey, Confidence, Share = BSOCS

Here is how it works: If your Belief system is not right, then your concept of Submission to God cannot be right. You can see how important it is that we understand what it means to actually Submit to Christ, to be His True Slave. So if we are struggling with our Submission to God, His Law, Decrees and Precepts, how can we be Obedient? If we refuse to follow the Laws that He has written on our hearts, how could we ever possess True, Genuine Confidence? If we do not obey, or do things rightly, we are afraid and sometimes so worried that we look over our shoulder, afraid that someone has found out what we have done. Thus is it clear that our sense of confidence is directly related to our ability to Obey, or do things rightly. So if we refuse to Obey, and thus have little to no confidence, how can we ever Share? How can we share the Gospel if we lack Confidence? How can we share anything about ourselves with another if we do not possess basic, standard confidence? Get this . . . how can we pray to God if we are afraid of Him? How can we pray to God if we know that we have Truly not Submitted to Him?

Let’s take this in reverse: How can we Share anything about ourselves, including our Prayers to God, if we are not Confident? How can we be Confident if we do not Obey? How can we Obey if we have not Submitted? How can we Submit if what we know, understand and Believe is not in proper alignment with God’s Truth and Reality?

So the question is, what do you believe (faulty belief/s) that is causing you to not have a Confident Prayer Life?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,172
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 10:32 AM, Pencil24 said:

Hi Pencil,

Yes, so sorry we all seemed to have missed your great question. `How to develop a confident prayer life?`

I suggest you begin by

`- thanking God for all that He has done for you - salvation, family, friends, home, food, etc etc.

- Then speak of His qualities - faithfulness, kindness, long-suffering, gentleness, mercy, grace, etc.

- tell God of your needs and others needs also.

As you go on in life your confidence in God develops and your prayers become appreciation of who & what God has done and a realisation that He has all in His hands even amid the turmoil of the world.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.42

On 11/8/2018 at 7:02 PM, Pencil24 said:

Prayer is not about getting stuff, though requests are made in prayer, Prayer is about being in His presence, and building a relationship with Him, When you understand this you will begin to understand Him and His Will in your life. That is when confidence comes. nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. (Luke 22;42b)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

“Pray without ceasing”

Its like having a conversation that begins when you wake up and ends when you fall asleep.I never understood having set times or locations for prayer.....since I began practicing Faith, continuous  prayer , like so many other things, just kinda come natural and effortlessly.....It was a Holy Spirit thing....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,224
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  30

You need to stand on God's promises.  We serve a God Who cannot lie.  This also requires that we come to know God's word well so that nothing is taken out of context.

I also agree with praying 'Nevertheless not my will be done but Thine."  

Rom 12:1  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. Rom 12:2  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

We are told that if we pray according to the will of God that we have our petitions.  We come to know God better and understand His will when we read the word daily and apply it to our own lives.  God also helps us to pray, and He prays for Christians according to God's will.

Rom 8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  Rom 8:27  Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

On 11/8/2018 at 7:02 PM, Pencil24 said:

There is no 3-easy-steps solution to being confident in prayer.

My suggestion is, take baby steps.  Start of by praying the most simple prayers you can.  Thank him, pray for wisdom, pray for something you need, and thank him for whatever the answer is.

Thank him, because no matter what, there is always something worth thanking the Lord for.

Pray for wisdom, because no matter what else you need in life, you will always need wisdom.

Pray for what you need, because we all need something.

Thank him for whatever answer he gives, even before he gives you that answer, because you know it will be for your good.

Simple prayer.  Start with that.  And you pray that, no matter what.   Even if you don't feel confident, you pray that.  By taking small steps, you can gain that confidence.

• 5 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 11/9/2018 at 12:02 AM, Pencil24 said:

Practice makes perfect.