IGNORED

Anyone else near Los Angeles area wildfires?

Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I'm in the city so am safe...but the fire pollution has made me feel sick today, as yesterday I had to go out for groceries.   Head feels funny and am now queasy in tummy.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/06/1970

13 minutes ago, Debp said:

I'm in the city so am safe...but the fire pollution has made me feel sick today, as yesterday I had to go out for groceries.   Head feels funny and am now queasy in tummy.

Detoxing after smoke exposure is essential to your long-term and short term health. Detox solutions can include: 

1. Drinking LOTS of Water
  2. Drinking Hot Liquids
  3. Using a Saline Nasal Spray
  4. Rinsing Your Sinuses with a Neti Pot
  5. Breathing in Steam with Thyme
  6. Receiving a Vitamin Rich IV Drip
  7. Loading Your Diet with Ginger
  8. Increasing Your Vitamin C Intake
  9. Upping Your Glutathione Levels
  10. Prayer!

Smoke exposure can lead to uncomfortable symptoms like irritated sinuses, eye irritation, and shortness of breath. However, the real concern is the fine particles.

Stay indoors and contact your doctor with any questions

Just some helpful suggestions to ease your symptoms?  Praying for you!

• Loved it! 1

For animal lovers, I posted a few brief videos on animals rescued in our wildfires.  They are in the General Video section.

One amazing video I posted is of a horse that sought refuge in a swimming pool in the town of Paradise, CA.   The town was totally burned down.   The horse survived amazingly.  He was found by a man who returned to the demolished neighborhood.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I know CA has wildfires every year but we're hearing these are the worst ever. Now I hate to say this, but what do we expect. I'm in my 60's and when I look at what America has done to God in the last 50 yrs alone we're lucky we still even exist as a nation. We threw prayer out of schools, the 10 Commandments were taken down from certain places they always were. We legalized abortion and gay marriage implying these things are no longer sins. But they are still sins. And what ever happened to forgiveness? Did God rescind forgiveness? Not that I know of. But I know supposedly Born Again Christians who hold grudges against other Christians and see nothing wrong with that. 

God help us.

• Thumbs Up 1

While the above is true, there are still some people who believe in the Lord in California and try to help others.

On our news just now I saw a volunteer "search and rescue" team from Malibu.   They were telling their stories of being in the midst of the wildfires while searching for people who couldn't make it out.   At a mobile home, one of the volunteers found an elderly deaf woman with her dog....she had no transportation and the fires we're about to come on the mobile home park.

The volunteer found a neighbor to drive the deaf lady to safety, and he continued on to search three more mobile homes for people before fleeing.