• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Faithbuilders said:

Todays Scientists believe: Somehow the universe was created in perfection my some gigantic explosion. Out of that came the planet earth that somehow can perfectly sustain life. On Earth lived some living goo that turned into fish what then grew legs walked on land, those leg-fish somehow over time turned into monkeys – that somehow meta-morphed into mankind.

40 percent of scientists are believers in a personal God. A lot more would not align themselves with a strong atheistic perspective. To the extent that it can be made clear that the assault on faith is coming from a fringe – a minority – and is not representative of what most scientists believe, it would help if we defuse the incendiary rhetoric and perhaps allow a real conversation about creation.

Edited by Scott Free

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,192
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  01/12/1957

Many scientists believe is a God of some sort and some idea of intelligent design. But they don't make those views known because the system will find a way to mess up their life.   Ask Guillermo Gonzalez sometime.   A brilliant astro physicist that was marginalized and eventually forced out of Iowa State University because he wrote "The Privileged Planet" which simply made the point that things were set up in such a way as to suggest an intelligent designer.    This all happened right next door to me here in Iowa.  Truly sad what they did to Dr. Gonzalez.  And the destruction of Dr. Gonzalez's career was started and led by the atheist head of the religion department at Iowa State U.

If you want to keep your position, get tenure, or get access to research grants, you will espouse the party line and keep your own personal views to yourself.

Edited by OldCoot
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.62

The scales of naturalism over our eyes can be thick, obscuring even the view of confessing Christians. I must admit that it has fouled my vision of science and the world sometimes, but when I realize that the problem is with the naturalistic straitjacket that is keeping me from interpreting the data in a better way, science gets exciting because it offers a clear signpost to God.

What Science Is Really Teaching Us - desiringGod

Edited by Scott Free

Guest PinkBelt
1 hour ago, Faithbuilders said:

I do not agree, ignorant are people without knowledge or education (dictionary definition) but they can still be willing to learn, while a stupid person is just simple minded, they can have knowledge in one area, and refuse truth in another - more important area; that makes them stupid! A better word to describe is a fool, and I am not trying to make friends with fools!

Matthew 5:22

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

I do not agree, ignorant are people without knowledge or education (dictionary definition) but they can still be willing to learn, while a stupid person is just simple minded, they can have knowledge in one area, and refuse truth in another - more important area; that makes them stupid! A better word to describe is a fool, and I am not trying to make friends with fools!

Hi  By all means feel free to disagree with whatever you are disagreeing with. I can only say you agree with what I stated using  your definition. Perhaps you misread what  I wrote, if not then we will disagree to agree on what  I have stated. LOL

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/20/1972

2 hours ago, PinkBelt said:

Matthew 5:22

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

That is talking about going up to someone, and without provocation calling them "you fool" Proverbs warns us very clearly about dealing with fools; but we need to recognize a fool first.

3 hours ago, Scott Free said:

40 percent of scientists are believers in a personal God. A lot more would not align themselves with a strong atheistic perspective. To the extent that it can be made clear that the assault on faith is coming from a fringe – a minority – and is not representative of what most scientists believe, it would help if we defuse the incendiary rhetoric and perhaps allow a real conversation about creation.

That is why I added the word "ungodly" scientists; I agree there are some Christian scientists, and more power to them. BTW: Even tho there are Christian scientists, it seems like its the ungodly ones that get heard.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

15 hours ago, Faithbuilders said:

What did scientists believe throughout history…

Egyptian Scientists believe: Pharaoh had to perform a magic spell else the sun would not rise. The sun was rolled across the sky by an invisible dung beetle named Keptry, and eaten by the cow goddess.

Viking Scientists believe: The world rests in an enormous tree, at the bottom of the tree is the land of the dead, at the top of the tree is Asgard. It is surrounded by a sea with a big snake. The rainbow is the bridge that connects Asgard to Earth.

Greek Scientists believe: Earth is floating in water

Roman Scientists believe: Planets are gods that are playing games in order to decide our future. You can learn what the gods are planning by looking at animals innards, and by that predict the future.

Anglo-Saxon Scientists believe: Storms are cause by cloud people in the sky, they came in air-ships to steal crops, and used the bad weather as cover. But you could pay a weather-wizard to keep them away.

Todays Scientists believe: Somehow the universe was created in perfection my some gigantic explosion. Out of that came the planet earth that somehow can perfectly sustain life. On Earth lived some living goo that turned into fish what then grew legs walked on land, those leg-fish somehow over time turned into monkeys – that somehow meta-morphed into mankind.

The foolish, stupidity of ungodly scientists has not changed...!

invisible dung beetle named Keptry

ATTENTION one and all,  when it comes to science their is one word in the above stated phrase that should stick out .

a hint , its not the words invisible , beetle , named , or keptry .     Hope that makes it clear enough .

but if not one more hint .  Do not whiff a handful of it .   

Guest PinkBelt

That is talking about going up to someone, and without provocation calling them "you fool" Proverbs warns us very clearly about dealing with fools; but we need to recognize a fool first.

No it is not. Try actually reading the passage.

32 minutes ago, PinkBelt said:

No it is not. Try actually reading the passage.

I have, when reading something like that, you have to read it salted with other scriptures on the topic, like all the scriptures in proverbs that talks about dealing with fools.