artsylady

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

I really don't think I am the one here being overly emotional here.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,810
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, artsylady said:

If you were in China, would you eat a cat?

If that's all I had to eat and it was pre-cooked,  yes.

Here the scripture from Genesis 9:1-3.  Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you.  Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

Yes, I used the word perhaps.  The Bible does NOT say Daniel refused to eat the meat because it was meat.  Daniel 1 says that he didn't want to eat the "royal" food and alcohol.  Another word is "choice".  And "king's meat".  

Since the Bible says NOTHING about why the meat was repugnant to Daniel and you stated a reason why, I merely followed your lead and gave three more reasons why.

Again, being a vegan is perfectly fine.  So is being a carnivore.

You keep accusing me of being emotional.   How about this?

Let me assume, for instance, that you are concerned about the baby in the womb who may be poisoned with salt, cut into parts and limb by limb, sucked into a sink.  would you feel that your concern is emotional or compassionate?  It's the same kind of thing.   

48 minutes ago, artsylady said:

I can tell you are uninformed on the issues due to the arguments you try to present.  If you were informed, you wouldn't present them.  

It was compassion and new information that changed my stance.  Getting informed on something that I wasn't really comfortable getting informed on.  However, God takes us out of our comfort zones at times to stretch us, make us grow.   I hope you can relate.  

There ARE scriptural references to support my view and I've stated them enough times.  I don't know how you keep missing them, over and over.    At least you realize it was not until AFTER the FALL that meat of animals became permissable- (not adviseable)

You cant tell anything about me . You dont know me. All you know is what I have said which is that I take my instructions from God . I am not part of the 1% vegan world that are highly emotionally driven individuals. 

Ill stick with my meat. You can have your grass. 

We can both live in perfect harmony as long as your don't try to push your emotionally charged food lifestyle my way.  Dont assume I am ignorant of  people like you and your lifestyle. I am well aware . You have already sang your song here how many times? I heard you. We heard you! We can read! Once is adequate. But you cant stop until someone else has an emotional epiphany! LOL

God instructed you to not judge people on what they eat. God told you that he is more concerned with what comes out of your mouth than what goes in! Do you understand? 

Edited by 1sheep

2 minutes ago, Jayne said:

If that's all I had to eat and it was pre-cooked,  yes.

Here the scripture from Genesis 9:1-3.  Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth. The fear and dread of you will fall on all the beasts of the earth, and on all the birds in the sky, on every creature that moves along the ground, and on all the fish in the sea; they are given into your hands. Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you.  Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

Yes, I used the word perhaps.  The Bible does NOT say Daniel refused to eat the meat because it was meat.  Daniel 1 says that he didn't want to eat the "royal" food and alcohol.  Another word is "choice".  And "king's meat".  

Since the Bible says NOTHING about why the meat was repugnant to Daniel and you stated a reason why, I merely followed your lead and gave three more reasons why.

Again, being a vegan is perfectly fine.  So is being a carnivore.

What if there was a gazillion food choices.  Would you eat the dead cat?  

The point about Daniel I make is that he, and all of the others, THRIVED when they did not eat the meat.  Do you see this?

1 minute ago, 1sheep said:

You cant tell anything about me . You dont know me. All you know is what I have said which is that I take my instruxtions from God . I am not part of the 1% vegan world that are highly emotionally driven individuals. 

Ill stick with my meat. You can have your grass. 

We can both luce in perfect harmony as long as your don't try to push your emotionally charged food lifestyle my way.  Dont assume I am ignorant if  people like you and youyr lifestyle. I am well aware . You have already sang yoyr sobg here how many times? I heard you. We heard you! We can read! Obce is adequate. But you cant stop until someone else has an emotional epiphany! LOL

God instructed you to not judge people onwhat they eat. God told you that he is more cobcerned with what cones out of your mouth than what goes in! Do you understand? 

And I am the one being emotional?   

Asked and ignored to Sheep.

"Let me assume, for instance, that you are concerned about the baby in the womb who may be poisoned with salt, cut into parts and limb by limb, sucked into a sink.  would you feel that your concern is emotional or compassionate?  It's the same kind of thing."

Asked to Sheep and ignored:

"You should be able to see that in the Garden, when things were perfect, humans were eating plants and seeds.  Do you understand that?  Let's start there."

Instead or ranting and raving about 'emotionalism', how 'bout a discussion>?

Edited by artsylady

43 minutes ago, artsylady said:

Also my viewpoint is Christian because 1) I AM a Christian and 2) there are certainly Biblical references to support it as the IDEAL, not just something allowable.

Anyway, since it's allowable, it's also 'debatable'.  I just wish people would stop judging ME because I am trying to see if there are like minded Christians HERE or those who could be open their minds to the possibility.   

As a personal testimony, since I stopped eating animals, I have found that I am kinder, and gentler and more at peace.  I actually find animals come up to me in homes where the owners are surprised as the cat or dog is usually evasive.  The animal really wants to be around me.  And THAT is a very effective testimony to the owner of the animal.  I could blab all day long about this or that, but when they see something like this, every word I say becomes more credible to them, as they see their pet trusts me.

As I am with my Christianity, I am not preachy about what I eat and my food choices.  I am quietly confident and gracious. I understand that not everyone has had the same info as I have had.  We were at a dinner last night at a theatre production dinner theatre where I had just met a lot of people - a family style meal where bowls were put on the table.   I didn't go on talking about my food choices.  I just put potatoes, veggies, and a roll on my plate.  I know people saw this.  They didn't ask, I didn't say anything.  It's leading by example and not coming across as 'holier than thou'. 

I do 'get it' if you don't want to change or rethink anything.  However, why try to destroy and manipulate my point of view, claiming it is unchristian etc?  

Nope. You cant justify your emotionally driven lifestyle in the Bible. You should stop saying you can. Scriptures supports ME. 

I didnt say it was unchristian. What I did say that your view isnt christian. You don't get to twist and deny Gods words to support your grass diet. Your diet isnt even ideal. You will eventually go back to eating meat. All vegans do! 

Edited by 1sheep

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

2 minutes ago, artsylady said:

Asked to Sheep and ignored:

"You should be able to see that in the Garden, when things were perfect, humans were eating plants and seeds.  Do you understand that?  Let's start there."

Instead or ranting and raving about 'emotionalism', how 'bout a discussion>?

How about we keep in mind that the position of Holy Spirit has been filled for some time now? We have freedom in Christ to be vegan or not, so why imply that others who disagree with the vegan/vegetarian choice are somehow "less than" those who agree with it?