• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, 1sheep said:

Nope. You cant justify your emotionally driven lifestyle in the Bible. You should stop saying you can. Scri p tures supports ME. ME ME ME ME.

I didnt say it was unchristian. What I did say that your view isnt christian. You don't get to twist and deny Gods words to support your grass diet. Your diet isnt even ideal. You will eventually go back to eating meat. All vegans do! 

Calm down, take a breath. Your continual comments about 'grass' show that you are emotional and angry and unreasonable.   I have never heard of a human eating grass. Do you consume only flesh and dairy?

Vegans can live to be centenarians.  That's all the proof anyone really needs to show that humans don't need to consume the flesh of animals or the hormonal secretions of other mammals.  Meat and dairy cause cancer.  Google "meat cancer studies".  Lots will come up.

Google 'vegan bodybuilders". 

Did you know Mr Rogers, CS Lewis and whole host of gentle, influencial Christians abstained from animal flesh?   

Do you see that when things on earth were totally ideal, in the Garden, humans were not eating meat?

Before you reply with another emotional outburst, I hope you will take the time to research a few more things, like the diet of Adam and Eve, etc. 

I have to go now.  Good night.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,163
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

46 minutes ago, artsylady said:

As a personal testimony, since I stopped eating animals, I have found that I am kinder, and gentler and more at peace.  I actually find animals come up to me in homes where the owners are surprised as the cat or dog is usually evasive.  The animal really wants to be around me.  And THAT is a very effective testimony to the owner of the animal.  I could blab all day long about this or that, but when they see something like this, every word I say becomes more credible to them, as they see their pet trusts me.

As I am with my Christianity, I am not preachy about what I eat and my food choices.  I am quietly confident and gracious. I understand that not everyone has had the same info as I have had.  We were at a dinner last night at a theatre production dinner theatre where I had just met a lot of people - a family style meal where bowls were put on the table.   I didn't go on talking about my food choices.  I just put potatoes, veggies, and a roll on my plate.  I know people saw this.  They didn't ask, I didn't say anything.  It's leading by example and not coming across as 'holier than thou'. 

Yes, yes you are. Sorry, but many of your posts I've seen reek of vegan evangelism that many find problematic. If you want to live that way, that's fine, but stop pushing it on others.

• Praise God! 1

3 minutes ago, walla299 said:

How about we keep in mind that the position of Holy Spirit has been filled for some time now? We have freedom in Christ to be vegan or not, so why imply that others who disagree with the vegan/vegetarian choice are somehow "less than" those who agree with it?

When did I say that?

5 minutes ago, artsylady said:

Asked to Sheep and ignored:

"You should be able to see that in the Garden, when things were perfect, humans were eating plants and seeds.  Do you understand that?  Let's start there."

Instead or ranting and raving about 'emotionalism', how 'bout a discussion>?

Are we in the garden? Wait! Did I miss something? 

H aving a disc u ssion with you isnt possible. Its been tr i ed. You want me to agree with you. Its not going to happen no matter how much you keep giving your testimony. No matter how many times you post with more words that say the same thing over and over again.

21 minutes ago, artsylady said:

You keep accusing me of being emotional.   How about this?

Let me assume, for instance, that you are concerned about the baby in the womb who may be poisoned with salt, cut into parts and limb by limb, sucked into a sink.  would you feel that your concern is emotional or compassionate?  It's the same kind of thing.   

This is exactly what I was talking about . YOU are ANTHROPOMORPHIC. 

Your analogy is sick.

You liken animals who have no souls to human beings who do. Your decision is emotionally charged . 

1 minute ago, walla299 said:

Yes, yes you are. Sorry, but many of your posts I've seen reek of vegan evangelism that many find problematic. If you want to live that way, that's fine, but stop pushing it on others.

In the above, and in most of my life, I am talking about interactions with non believers.

I had actually thought that I might possibly have a respectful discussion about the vegan lifestyle amongst Christians.   Its becoming more prominent in Christian and non believer   I am pushing it the same way I would 'push' to end abortion. 

Anyway, I have a feeling there are people reading who are, understandably, not commenting, but maybe considering not eating any more dead animals, or at least looking into it more.

It's intriguing that non Christian and Christian omnivores are very much the same in their arguments to eat meat.

G'night! Sleep tight!  I am off to bed.  Perhaps Ill have a snack before bedtime though.   Have to see if I can find some grass in the fridge.   hahahaha.  

26 minutes ago, artsylady said:

What if there was a gazillion food choices.  Would you eat the dead cat?  

The point about Daniel I make is that he, and all of the others, THRIVED when they did not eat the meat.  Do you see this?

There you go again. You are attaching your own assumptions to scripture to defend your lifestyle. You really are stretching! LOL

Eat your plants. Ill eat my meat. Stop twisting scripture meaning to defend your defenseless lifestyle. 

Edited by 1sheep

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

I think this one has probably ran its course.