• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Hello my Brothers and Siters in Christ!

There seems to be an influx of "professing" Christians who lack any sort of spiritual substance in their lives. This is to those who have eyes to see, ears to hear, and to understand with their hearts (cf. Isa. 6:10; Jer. 5:21; Ezek. 12:2; Matt. 13:15; Acts 28:27). Much of what I am about to say are mostly likely known by my brothers and sisters here; but I will mention this for the sake of those who may not be saved, even as I write this. Our LORD Jesus said:

"Not every one that saith unto me, LORD, LORD, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, LORD, LORD, have we not prophesied in they name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

This is a terrifying thought to anyone professing to be a child of God if they were to hear those words on that Great Day. Jesus will reply to them that He NEVER "knew" them (i.e., "they were never saved to begin with"). Most of us here already know that the word "know" (Heb. "yada" and Grk. "ginosko") is indicative of a deep and intimate relationship with someone or something (Gen. 3:5; 4:1; 8:11; Lev. 5:4; Num. 12:6; Deut. 4:35; Ps. 20:6; 31:7; Jer. 24:7; 44:15; Jn. 17:3; Matt. 7:23; Mk. 13:28; Lk. 1:34; Jn. 10:27; Rom. 3:17; 1 Cor. 1:21; 1 Jn. 5:20; Rev. 3:9; et al.). The LXX Septuagint uses "ginosko" for the word "know" in the Hebrew.

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish. (John 10:27-28)"

"And this is life eternal, they they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou has sent. (John 17:3)"

We must all do a "spiritual inventory" of ourselves to see whether we are truly born-again. The bible makes it very clear that we can KNOW with absolute certainity that we possess Eternal life (Jn. 3:36; 5:24,39; 8:31-32; 10:27-30; Rom. 8:38-39; 1 Jn. 5:13). This is not to say that genuine Christians can at times experience"doubt" as to whether they are truly saved or not (cf. 1 Jn. 3:20). But there are many reasons as to why a "believer" may have these doubts in their hearts -- and they are:

1. They are "living in sin and disobedience" more often than they should be.
  2. They are not convinced that God's promise of Salvation is True in the TRUEST sense as it is laid out in Scripture.
  3. They are trusting in their own "works" as being supplemental for their Salvation.
  4. They may not even be saved at all; or were NEVER saved to begin with, and are under a delusion that they are.

The bible places great emphasis when it commands all professing believers to "examine themselves" to see whether they are truly regenerated; otherwise they can deceive themselves not knowing that they are in reality counterfeit Christians (2 Cor. 13:5; 2 Pet. 1:10; cf. Gal. 5:22-23).

"Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? (2 Corinthians 13:5)"

There are certain indicators in which we can examine the genuineness of our Salvation. The "fruit" of "the Spirit" characterize the traits of a child of God by their lifestyle and behavior. They possess these traits (Gal. 5:22;23; Matt. 7:16-20 -- "Love, joy, peace, self-control, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and patience"). Genuine conversion also has absolute indicators of the born-again Christian; and that personifies divine and sacrificial love (Grk. "agapao" -- Jn. 13:35; 15:13; 1 Jn. 3:14). Then we have the sanctifiction process and conformity to the image of Christ (Rom. 12:2; 2 Thess. 2:13; Gal. 2:20; Col. 2:11; 3:5; 2 Tim. 2:21; Heb. 9:14; 12:14; etc.). As we are take up our crosses "daily" (Matt. 16:24), we have an increase or hatred towards sin and "hunger and thirst" after righteousness (Matt. 5:6). We will abhor the world system and carnal desires as we mature spiritually, and our desires will be to "please" the LORD and walk in obedience to His Commandments because we love Him after He first loved us (1 Jn. 4:19). And finally, sin will not have "dominion" over our lives as we are "new creatures" in Christ Jesus (Ezek. 11:9-20; 36:25-27; Rom. 6:1-20; 2 Cor. 3:18; 5:17; Eph. 2:10; 4:22-24; Gal. 6:15; 2 Pet. 1:4). There are plenty much more found within Scripture which can give us the GUARANTEE that we are indeed truly saved, and have peace with God.

In Christ, *Pumpkin*

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Pumpkin,  I don't care what rick warren , or the emergent churches , or Rome says about ya .     I LOVES YA .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I love you too my dear Brother in Christ!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Against such their is no law  .  the law is not against the fruits OF THE SPIRIT .    THE FRUITS OF THE SPIRIT actually FULLFILL the law

LOVE GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART MIND SOUL and your neighbor AS , AS yourself .   THE LOVE GOD sheds on our heart does not transgress , IT FULLFILLS the RIGHTEOUSNESS

of the law .     YEAH .   NOW LEAP UP AND PRAISE THE LORD brother pumpkin.  FOR if we follow the SPIRIT , we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh .

OH YES ,  their is Power in THE BLOOD to purge even the inner conscious of man. .     OH we serve THE LORD , who is the freer of men and the breaker of the chains

of bondage  .     Go on , LEAP up and Praise the HOLY LORD  .     AND LET all that has breath ,  JUST PRAISE THE LORD and REJOICE in HIM .

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Are you TRULY "born-again"?

Yep, sure am.

Didn't want to be,  but God is all merciful and did it anyway.

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

“I am writing this to you so that you may KNOW that you have eternal life—- you that believe in the Son of God.     1John 5:13

If That is not a “GUARANTEE” of Salvation........what would it take to suffice ?

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,522
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On the subject of professing Christians or Christians in name only. I can't say I see any at all. Most of my time spent with Christians is a time of marveling for me, at the awesome things they do and accomplish in the name of jesus for the love of doing it. They are awesome upbeat knowledgable servants of our Lord and savior Jesus. So it is very hard for me to relate to laments about Christians. I simply want to be physically enabled to be more like all that I see laboring  with love of service in the name of our savior.

Edited by Neighbor
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Glenn said:

and what does it mean to be "Born Again"?  John 3:5 says "Amen, Amen, I say unto thee, except a man be born of WATER and the SPIRIT, he cannot enter the Kingdom of God".

This refers to Water Baptism, as expressly stated in Ephesians 5:26, "That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the WASHING OF WATER by the Word", or Titus 3:5: 

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the WASHING OF REGENERATION, and renewing of the Holy Spirit;
..what does he mean by Regeneration except for being Born Again?

One being immersed in water does not save. It does make one a wet unregenerated sinner though!

You are misapplying meaning to the verses you posted. We are saved by faith alone in grace alone through Christ alone. 

If one says baptism in water to be saved they are still on milk and are purporting a works salvation! Jesus said if anyone comes with a different gospel even an angel; he is accursed. There is no hope for him unless he repents and gets aligned with scripture. 

We should also not lose sight of the fact that when Jesus was speaking to Nicodemus, the ordinance of Christian baptism was not yet in effect. 

Therefore, the “water” mentioned in this verse is not literal physical water but rather the “living water” Jesus promised the woman at the well in John 4:10 and the people in Jerusalem in John 7:37-39. It is the inward purification and renewal produced by the Holy Spirit that brings forth spiritual life to a dead sinner (Ezekiel 36:25-27; Titus 3:5). Jesus reinforces this truth in John 3:7 when He restates that one must be born again and that this newness of life can only be produced by the Holy Spirit (John 3:8).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gotquestions.org/amp/baptism-John-3-5.html

Edited by 1sheep

2 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

I get that bit, but dont we have to also be baptised with water too, not to be saved, but to show our faith? I welcome illumination as this, as the subject of water baptism confuses me.

The word baptism means immersion.

Baptism is a testimony of our being buried in Christ and Christ washing our sins . 

No we dont have too! But it is recommended simply as a display of reverence and obedience.

5 minutes ago, Glenn said:

Where does the bible say we are saved "by faith alone"? 

I find this statement nowhere except in James 2:24.

He is not exactly in agreement with you.

It would behoove you to study what I provided you before you respond. Do you have a teachable heart or do you just want to push your false gospel?