• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 minute ago, Glenn said:

Kenneth Copeland is just another Protestant heretic

Yes , HE IS MEGA false as are many .    BUT WHO does he love , OHHH what was one of his favorite days    ,  WHEN HE MET POPE francis .    GLENN

KENNETH and scores of false ones , ARE in league with THIS POPE .    this IS an agenda .  to unite us with ROME .

BUT yes , they false as can be .    what , did you think I cant see that most even in protenstant ring are not ALSO false now .

ITS sad .   but we were told and warned about the last days .  decetppoin , deception , deception .  

But look , study , and see for yourself , WHO is the one BEHIND all of this unification of faiths and even the other relgions .   ITS ROME .   

IT IS .    Please leave her .   Just start over .    

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

33 minutes ago, Glenn said:

Unless they REALLY want to be reported.

Hi Glenn, people will not be reported if they believe different then another personal,it's usually the personal attack which gets people in trouble, I believe if you're a Catholic and I'm not we should be able to talk about what the Bible has to say about certain things, where did you read in the Bible that we should pray to Mary?

Is prayer to saints / Mary biblical?

Question: "Is prayer to saints / Mary biblical?"

Answer: The issue of Catholics praying to saints is one that is full of confusion. It is the official position of the Roman Catholic Church that Catholics do not pray to saints or Mary, but rather that Catholics can ask saints or Mary to pray for them. The official position of the Roman Catholic Church is that asking saints for their prayers is no different than asking someone here on earth to pray for us. However, the practice of many Catholics diverges from official Roman Catholic teaching. Many Catholics do, in fact, pray directly to saints and/or Mary, asking them for help – instead of asking the saints and/or Mary to intercede with God for help. Whatever the case, whether a saint or Mary is being prayed to, or asked to pray, neither practice has any biblical basis.

The Bible nowhere instructs believers in Christ to pray to anyone other than God. The Bible nowhere encourages, or even mentions, believers asking individuals in heaven for their prayers. Why, then, do many Catholics pray to Mary and/or the saints or request their prayers? Catholics view Mary and the saints as "intercessors" before God. They believe that a saint, who is glorified in Heaven, has more "direct access" to God than we do. Therefore, if a saint delivers a prayer to God, it is more effective than us praying to God directly. This concept is blatantly unbiblical. Hebrews 4:16 tells us that we, believers here on earth, can "approach the throne of grace with confidence." 

First Timothy 2:5 declares, "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus." There is no one else that can mediate with God for us. If Jesus is the ONLY mediator, that indicates Mary and the saints cannot be mediators. They cannot mediate our prayer requests to God. Further, the Bible tells us that Jesus Christ Himself is interceding for us before the Father: "Therefore He is able to save completely those who come to God through Him, because He always lives to intercede for them" (Hebrews 7:25). With Jesus Himself interceding for us, why would we need Mary or the saints to intercede for us? Whom would God listen to more closely than His Son? Romans 8:26-27describes the Holy Spirit interceding for us. With the 2nd and 3rd members of the Trinity already interceding for us before the Father in heaven, what possible need could there be to have Mary or the saints interceding for us?

Catholics argue that praying to Mary and the saints is no different than asking someone here on earth to pray for us. Let us examine that claim. (1) The Apostle Paul asks other Christians to pray for him in Ephesians 6:19. Many Scriptures describe believers praying for one another (2 Corinthians 1:11; Ephesians 1:16; Philippians 1:19; 2 Timothy 1:3). (2) The Bible nowhere mentions anyone asking for someone in heaven to pray for him. The Bible nowhere describes anyone in heaven praying for anyone on earth. (3) The Bible gives absolutely no indication that Mary or the saints can hear our prayers. Mary and the saints are not omniscient. Even glorified in heaven, they are still finite beings with limitations. How could they possibly hear the prayers of millions of people? (4) Whenever the Bible mentions praying to or speaking with the dead, it is in the context of sorcery, witchcraft, necromancy, and divination—activities the Bible strongly condemns (Leviticus 20:27; Deuteronomy 18:10-13). In the one instance when a "saint" is spoken to, Samuel in 1 Samuel 28:7-19, Samuel is not exactly happy to be disturbed. It is clear that praying to Mary or the saints is completely different from asking someone here on earth to pray for us. Asking people on earth to pray for us has a strong biblical basis; asking the saints or Mary to pray has no biblical basis whatsoever.

God does not answer prayers based on who is praying. God answers prayers based on whether they are asked according to His will (1 John 5:14-15). There is absolutely no basis or need to pray to anyone other than God alone. There is no basis for asking those who are in heaven to pray for us. Only God can hear our prayers. Only God can answer our prayers. No one in heaven has any greater access to God's throne than we do through prayer (Hebrews 4:16).(gotquestions)

• This is Worthy 1

On 11/10/2018 at 4:47 PM, Neighbor said:

Are you TRULY "born-again"?

Yep, sure am.

Didn't want to be,  but God is all merciful and did it anyway.

Didn't want to be,  but God is all merciful and did it anyway.

I'm confused Neighbor, you didn't want to be saved but God did it anyway?

How can that happen as I never heard this before?

2 minutes ago, Glenn said:

Of course, God wrote the Bible by inspiring Catholic men.

Martin Luther wouldn't be born for another 1500 years my dear.

Of course, God wrote the Bible by inspiring Catholic men.

Where did you find that in the Bible?

2 Timothy 3:16

All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;

2 Peter 1:20-21

But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

25 minutes ago, Glenn said:

which refers to Baptism....

Only Jesus saves:

Is baptism necessary for salvation?

Question: "Is baptism necessary for salvation?"

Answer: The belief that baptism is necessary for salvation is also known as "baptismal regeneration." It is our contention that baptism is an important step of obedience for a Christian, but we adamantly reject baptism as being required for salvation. We strongly believe that each and every Christian should be water baptized by immersion. Baptism illustrates a believer’s identification with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection. Romans 6:3-4 declares, “Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” The action of being immersed in the water illustrates dying and being buried with Christ. The action of coming out of the water pictures Christ’s resurrection.

Requiring anything in addition to faith in Jesus Christ for salvation is a works-based salvation. To add anything to the gospel is to say that Jesus' death on the cross was not sufficient to purchase our salvation. To say that baptism is necessary for salvation is to say we must add our own good works and obedience to Christ's death in order to make it sufficient for salvation. Jesus' death alone paid for our sins (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus' payment for our sins is appropriated to our “account” by faith alone (John 3:16; Acts 16:31; Ephesians 2:8-9). Therefore, baptism is an important step of obedience after salvation but cannot be a requirement for salvation.

Yes, there are some verses that seem to indicate baptism as a requirement for salvation. However, since the Bible so clearly tells us that salvation is received by faith alone (John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5), there must be a different interpretation of those verses. Scripture does not contradict Scripture. In Bible times, a person who converted from one religion to another was often baptized to identify conversion. Baptism was the means of making a decision public. Those who refused to be baptized were saying they did not truly believe. So, in the minds of the apostles and early disciples, the idea of an un-baptized believer was unheard of. When a person claimed to believe in Christ, yet was ashamed to proclaim his faith in public, it indicated that he did not have true faith.

If baptism is necessary for salvation, why would Paul have said, “I am thankful that I did not baptize any of you except Crispus and Gaius” (1 Corinthians 1:14)? Why would he have said, “For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power” (1 Corinthians 1:17)? Granted, in this passage Paul is arguing against the divisions that plagued the Corinthian church. However, how could Paul possibly say, “I am thankful that I did not baptize…” or “For Christ did not send me to baptize…” if baptism were necessary for salvation? If baptism is necessary for salvation, Paul would literally be saying, “I am thankful that you were not saved…” and “For Christ did not send me to save…” That would be an unbelievably ridiculous statement for Paul to make. Further, when Paul gives a detailed outline of what he considers the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-8), why does he neglect to mention baptism? If baptism is a requirement for salvation, how could any presentation of the gospel lack a mention of baptism?

Does Acts 2:38 teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?

Does Mark 16:16 teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?

Does 1 Peter 3:21 teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?

Does John 3:5 teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?

Does Acts 22:16 teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?

Does Galatians 3:27 teach that baptism is necessary for salvation?

Baptism is not necessary for salvation. Baptism does not save from sin but from a bad conscience. In 1 Peter 3:21, Peter clearly taught that baptism was not a ceremonial act of physical purification, but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. Baptism is the symbol of what has already occurred in the heart and life of one who has trusted Christ as Savior (Romans 6:3-5; Galatians 3:27; Colossians 2:12). Baptism is an important step of obedience that every Christian should take. Baptism cannot be a requirement for salvation. To make it such is an attack on the sufficiency of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

5 hours ago, angels4u said:

I'm confused Neighbor, you didn't want to be saved but God did it anyway?

How can that happen as I never heard this before?

Hi,

My grandmother loved God. She read the Bible to me in a voice so garbled due to her many  strokes that as a young child I could not understand her. She prayed to God that I would be saved. She died when I was still a young  and "as yet unsaved" person.

God is faithful and He  remembers.  I grew up  to adulthood raised a family had a career all without God had no need of any god. I  was a funeral director meeting more pastors, priests, rabbis,  and leaders of religions than I can even remember. We did over two thousand funerals a year. I was not interested in the message of any gospel and that included the gospel of Jesus that I heard as many as five times a day  every day except on a day off. 

God hears prayer and God is faithful, He answers prayer. He remembers and was has been and is faithful to answer my Grandmother's prayers. Though  I resisted mightily I thought, God was more than a match. He forced me to see that He is God. God the Holy Spirit used  an angel with a voice that sounded like my grandfather, who told me this is it there is no more debating to be done by you. It  is now or it is done. Well that was a bit hard to turn away from, especially since it came while I was in the midst of figuring how to do myself in with a paddle bit on an electic drill figuring to push it to my ascending aorta and pull the trigger. He surprised me and got me all off track.

After sitting for a long time wondering what the...?! What was all that? A man is in my garage, but  the doors are closed - he talks at me - gives me an ultimatum - I recognize his voice - I turn  and then he is gone. The doors are still closed. Who, what, where, how,- why?  I then just went into the main part of the house and decided to  have a cigarette and think it through.

I also turned on the tv, nothing on so I watched a terrible gospel presentation on the tv by Fred Price. It was silly - something about people in a pit trying to fix an oil leak and how he had a white suit on and would not help because, and on and on; but finally He mentioned Jesus as Lord and savior. I said out loud to me, "if that  is true I want it" And that was it. I was born again, didn't want to be, but I saw noway  of resisting the Holy Spirit's work,  not this side of sanity  anyway.

And, I got an enlistment bonus. I smoked five and a half packs of cigarettes per day, but as suddenly as I said "I want it", I was no longer a smoker. Didn't quit, couldn't, I was deeply addicted both phyically and emotionally. But, I was no longer that person. I did not smoke, I was born anew, and I was to know that as personal gift, a reminder from the Holy Spirit that He is here within.

God is sovereign. God has foreknown and predestined my personal salvation. God answers prayers and promises that all things work to the good for those that love God. Ask anything of Jesus who is God and He do it.“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it."

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose".

My grandmother's prayers work to good for her. She knew  that. She died twenty years before I had an encounter with the angel sent to  or at me. God remembers He made it so for my Grandmother had prayed. Just as God had foreknown and predestined. I had been given to Jesus as one of His flock from before the beginning. With that it didn't matter what I  thought I knew nor how clever a sinner and a resister of God I may have thought I was. 

For those whom God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.  And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

In short- I had wanted nothing of any god. It made no difference to God. For my grandmother had prayed for me, and God answers prayer of those that love Him. Even her prayer was of God for He is sovereign, He had indeed foreknown and predestined her prayers too.

Hope this post is not too garbled. I am having a bit of time with my swiss cheese vision today. Makes it hard to proof whatI type.

Edited by Neighbor
spelling a nd sentence clarity

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

1Cor12:3.       “...... no man can say that Jesus is the Lord,except by the Holy Spirit”.     Some preachers say that when God puts His Spirit in you, you will know it.Without a doubt.That was my experience.I experienced “the peace that passes all understanding”.Trust me, I was the last person on Earth who should have been blessed in this manner.God says “ turn to me and I will turn to you”. Great advice  that still  works .

• Loved it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/12/2018 at 10:51 AM, 1sheep said:

We should also not lose sight of the fact that when Jesus was speaking to Nicodemus, the ordinance of Christian baptism was not yet in effect. 

If that was so then what about John 4:1-2?

"When Jesus realized that the Pharisees were aware that He was gaining and baptizing more disciples than John (although it was not Jesus who baptized, but His disciples)"

Since those baptisms were being done under the authority of Jesus Christ Himself, then they were "Christ-ordered" or ordained.

So that means that at least from the imprisonment of John the Baptist until the death of Jesus Christ, which would have been about six years, there were those who were baptized under His ministry personally, making it very much "in effect".

Edited by Eliptic01