• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

The TOTKOGAE was in the Garden of Eden, that is the Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil.

Gen 2:9
(9)  And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

In the above verse the wording is general, referring only to "knowledge of good and evil", but in the verse below the wording is specific, referring to "the knowledge of good and evil".

Gen 2:16-17
(16)  And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat:
(17)  But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you shall not eat of it: for in the day that you eat thereof you shall surely die.

We have the phrase "ignorance is bliss" and it was bliss for Adam and Eve before they gained knowledge of good and evil. We are not told the extent of the knowledge of good and evil that they gained from eating of the TOTKOGAE, but we can be sure it was experiential. They knew they were guilty of disobeying God and were ashamed now that they had lost their covering of innocence and the countdown was on for their bodies to age and die.

A FAQ is "Why was the TOTKOGAE in the Garden of Eden where it was accessible to Adam and Eve?"

I believe its inclusion was integral to God's relationship with Adam and Eve, and by implication with His Creation. Good and evil were of course known to God but since He had previously declared all aspects of His Creation as good this was the only experience He desired for all things to have. Satan of course had other plans. From the beginning of Creation Satan's evil desires meant God was confronted with opposition, and meant His Creation was exposed to the possibility of experiencing the conflict that opposition to Him always brings. I believe the Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil refers us to the Omniscience of God and introduces us to His provision to deal with all that opposes Him in order to ensure the victory of good over evil.   

John 8:44
(44)  You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

God was and still is looking for people that will demonstrate their love for Him by obeying His commandments:

If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15

Lord bless

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

God was and still is looking for people that will demonstrate their love for Him by obeying His commandments:

If ye love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15

Lord bless

Yes, and isn't it true JPT, that we love Him because He first loved us (1 John 4:19)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

Absolutely!!!

Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and tomorrow!

How sad, there are so many that just don't get it and try and make it so complicated.

• Thumbs Up 1