*Pumpkin*

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Greetings, my dear brothers and sisters in Christ!

I was encouraged to write this as a Brother in Christ had just recently suffered the loss of his brother. I had a blood relative die just recently too -- and he was only 50 years old. It was only by the Grace of God; the Hope of Glory, and the Comfort from my dear brothers and sisters in Christ was I able to cope with this. Long story short . . . I had the opportunity to witness to him and share the Gospel message the last time I was with him (on his birthday; 3/18/18). He TRULY believed the Gospel with all of his heart everything that I had told him concerning the Gospel message; and how/why Jesus shed His precious blood for us sinners on the Cross. Now he is with God and could not be more happier!

As difficult as life may seem at certain times in our lives; we can rest assured that God sympathizes with our grief and sorrows as our "Creator" who had "formed" us. He understands us better than we understand ourselves (cf. Matt. 8:17; Jn. 14:17; Rom. 8:26; Heb. 4:15; 5:8). Jesus cried with "Great Love" at the death of His dear friend, Lazarus.; but He also understood that there will come a day when all of our past sorrows and tears will be "eclipsed" by the insurmountable Joy when we enter the Eternal State. Jesus wept intensely at the fact that the people of this World bear so much agony at the loss of their loved ones; and at the same time understood that such things "must be fulfilled" in order for us to understand God for who He truly is.

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. (1 Corinthians 13:12)"

"And this is life eternal, that they may know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou has sent. (John 17:3)"

This may sound bizarre, or even "delusional" to some; but I have prayed to the LORD that I may know Him in such a way that would surpass all understanding (here and now in this world). I can CLEARLY see it already coming to pass, and it is undeniable to me; however, I have also learned that such a request will come with the whole "package" (i.e., "extreme sorrow; grief and tears beyond measure, incalculable sadness, absolute separation from the world system, severe pain, suffering in the flesh, death to sin; etc."). Eternal Life is not only the "duration" of life, but also the "quality" of life (Matt. 16:25; Jn. 6:35; 8:12; 10:10; 12:25; 14:6; Gal. 2:20; Phil. 1:21; Col. 3:3-4; 1 Tim. 6:17-19; 1 Jn. 5:20). Death is not a "cessation" of existence; rather it is a "separation of something in which it belongs (i.e., "faith without works is dead; the body without the spirit is dead" -- James 2:14-26) to. In the world to come; God will lead us unto living fountains of waters -- and it will literally take an "Eternity" to "know" God for who He truly is in the purest and highest sense of the word.

"For the lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains or waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. (Revelation 7:17)"

Knowing these things: we can "rejoice" and be filled with the "Joy of the Lord" no matter how much Fiery trials we have faced or will face in this short journey of life. I pray that the Lord will give Comfort to those who need it in this time of need: an "otherworldly" Kingdom Joy and Comfort; and a peace that the "world" cannot give to them (Deut. 31:8-9; Josh. 1:9-10; Ps. 23:4; 27:1; Jn. 14:26; et al). Our life is but a "vapor" in light 'of' Eternity; and NO amount of misery, grief, sorrow, and tears can take that away from this very Truth which will come to pass one day in the World to Come (Isa. 65:17; Jas. 4:14; 2 Pet. 3:12-13; Rev. 21:1).

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. (1 Corinthians 2:9)"

In Closing:

We cannot full fathom why certain things occur in our lives unless we are zoned in to the Will of God for us. Nevertheless, we only need to know what we need to know in this world; and there will ALWAYS be events in our lives when we are tempted to ask God, why, or why me? Even so . . . God is Faithful to only give us that which we are able to deal with; and to not overwhelm us with hardships that we cannot bear as we put our Absolute Trust in Him.

"But let him that glorieth (Heb. "halal" i.e., "boast") glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD, (Jeremiah 9:24)"

In Christ, *Pumpkin*

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Pope francis wont be happy , he wants us to point to ROME .    BUT BROTHER ,    WE GOING TO POINT TO JESUS .    YOU LOVED BROTHER PUMPKIN.

IF unto the world , institutions , ,kingdoms , govts we are deemed as wrong for POINTING ONLY TO CHRIST,    then what is that to us .  WE THE ONES WITH THE HOPE

as all are WHO LOVE THE LORD IN SPIRIT and IN TRUTH .  POINTING to the author and finisher of our faith .    Pointing to the great bishop of our souls .

MAY everything that takes in oxygene or carbon ,  LEAP UP AND PRAISE THE ONLY NAME WHEREBY WE ARE SAVED ., JESUS the WORD OF GOD who became flesh

and walked perfect , fulfilling all righteousness,   and THEN paying the price of all sins ,   THAT ALL WHO BELEIVE IN HIM

are saved and being then made free from SIN have become servants unto righteousness BY HIS POWER .      OH ,  I have to say ,   MAN its HIGH TIME to PRAISE OUR HOPE

our strength , the giver of life ,    THE KING of kings , CHRIST JESUS .     RAISE those hands pumpkin,  and raise them high and just say , OH TO the LORD BE ALL GLORY

and whether we live or die ,    WE THE LORDS and in all we do or suffer ,  MAY THE LORD BE HONORED .      OH YES ,    OH YES ,  my soul is on fire for the LORD

and always when JESUS ALONE is pointed to ,  IT ALWAYS REJOICES THE HEART .    

• Loved it! 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  124
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Amen, my dear Brother in Christ! When I am fully aware and abiding in the Spirit, the LORD gives me the green light to weep with those that weep, and to rejoice with those that rejoice. I can't accomplish God's Will in this life without my Beloved in Christ (You, her, him, they) that encourages me and give me guidance to walk according to the Spirit. And I am Greatly Thankful to all of my Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ for that. Jesus said that we will receive a hundredfold in this life, and in the world to come (Matt. 19:29;  Mk. 10:30). And I am extremely grateful for receiving many of My Brothers and Sisters in Christ now. And I am looking forward to the Eternal state when we will receive more (Brothers and Sisters in Christ) which no man can number.

"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothes with white robes, and palms in their hands. (Rev. 7:9)"

In Christ, *Pumpkin*

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

@*Pumpkin* Thanks. Such an inspiring post! I was definitely touched by it.

In fact, I am going to print it out and share it with others. :) I plan to have a Bible study with a friend this week (where we will look up the scriptures in your post and read them aloud/discuss them.)

I am sorry for your loss, brother. But I praise God for how He has helped you to cope. And the wonderful way He knows the future and impressed it upon you to witness exactly when you did! 

I was moved by your compassion for our brother worshiper70 and his loss of his brother. I thought it might help if I posted his OP below- so that others can know who you are referring to and pray for him.

God bless you :)

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

This is the post of a brother in need of our prayers who pumpkin refers to at the beginning of this thread.

Please keep my family in prayer as my brother 52 years old has died?

By worshiper70, 22 hours ago in Prayer Requests

Please keep my family in prayer, as my brother 52 years old has died? I covet your prayers for all those touched by his passing will turn to our Saving God, and surrender their lives to The Lord God Almighty! Thank you in advance. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1