douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

11:1 And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God.

11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

The like gift is the Holy Spirit, given by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

The book of Acts, focused on the transition from Israel to the Gentiles, follows the diminishing of Israel, and rise of the Gentiles.

12:21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust. Matthew 12:21

It was no secret that God would be gracious to the Gentiles. The means, however, the dispensation of Grace; what would be accomplished by the Cross of the Lord Jesus, was hidden.

In the Dispensation of Grace, which was not revealed til Paul, we will find no difference between Jew and Gentile, but rather, justification to eternal life to all who believe, Jew or Gentile, and the unity of being in one body.

11:19 Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.

It can be seen below, why they in verse 11 above, may have went only to the Jews.

10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Matthew 10:5-6

11:20 And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, which, when they were come to Antioch, spake unto the Grecians, preaching the LORD Jesus.

11:21 And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.

The Lord was turning to Gentiles.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.99
  • Days Won:  21

If you read the Tanach carefully, you will see that it was always God's plan to turn all people back to Him.

1) His intent was to gather those scattered by Him at Babel (ps 82) that His High Council members had messed up their charges and instituted pagan worship of mere created beings. (Archons or Principalities and Powers)

2) To reverse the awful transgression the fallen angels had perpetuated on His Creation.

3) To redeem all the earth and save mankind by sacrificing Himself.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

3 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

2) To reverse the awful transgression the fallen angels had perpetuated on His Creation.

I agree with this. Some believe that the fallen angels are still messing things up. When I first heard that I gave it no mind but as the years passed I started considering it. I now think this is one reason not even Jesus knew when He'd be back. God has to straighten out what the fallen angels keep doing and at the same time maintain everyone's free will. Unfortunately that includes the devils aka fallen angels. Only God can do this.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, douge said:

11:1 And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God.

11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

The like gift is the Holy Spirit, given by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

The book of Acts, focused on the transition from Israel to the Gentiles, follows the diminishing of Israel, and rise of the Gentiles.

12:21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust. Matthew 12:21

It was no secret that God would be gracious to the Gentiles. The means, however, the dispensation of Grace; what would be accomplished by the Cross of the Lord Jesus, was hidden.

In the Dispensation of Grace, which was not revealed til Paul, we will find no difference between Jew and Gentile, but rather, justification to eternal life to all who believe, Jew or Gentile, and the unity of being in one body.

11:19 Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only.

It can be seen below, why they in verse 11 above, may have went only to the Jews.

10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Matthew 10:5-6

11:20 And some of them were men of Cyprus and Cyrene, which, when they were come to Antioch, spake unto the Grecians, preaching the LORD Jesus.

11:21 And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number believed, and turned unto the Lord.

The Lord was turning to Gentiles.

I think God wanted to focus on the Jews there because they had not yet expected that Jesus was the messiah. I understand he wanted allmen saved and extended it unto the gentiles but the gentiles were not holding onto the old laws like the Jews were.