sin

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I truly believe that once you accepted Christ and receive the salvation that you a pardoned. There are so many different takes on this. I am wondering why people say that if you sin after salvation that it is ok but not if you are a homosexual. I know many Christians feel you cannot be and still be a Christian. What do you think? I have a family member who is very close to me and I am trying to support him in every way. Any advice is welcome. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

14 minutes ago, Pencil24 said:

I truly believe that once you accepted Christ and receive the salvation that you a pardoned. There are so many different takes on this. I am wondering why people say that if you sin after salvation that it is ok but not if you are a homosexual. I know many Christians feel you cannot be and still be a Christian. What do you think? I have a family member who is very close to me and I am trying to support him in every way. Any advice is welcome. 

Any sinner who seeks to justify their sins after they are ""saved" reveal that they disagree with the Word of God that their sin is sin.... No one should ever seek to justify sin in their life.. So while a Homosexual can be forgiven their sins if they are repentant, Once they then go on and join a gay pride organization or join a false church that seeks to claim that homosexuality is acceptable they fall away from the truth.. Part of being saved is Believing Gods Word...  We must Believe Gods Word and have no resistance to it.. If we say we are followers of God we must accept the truth of God as revealed in His Holy Bible..

There are many areas in Biblical morality and teachings where different people seek to justify their thoughts and deeds that are against the standards of God.. In taking this path of resistance they disqualify themselves as being true followers of the Word Of God... 

We all sin we all have weaknesses in one area or another.. But the important thing is to have zero resistance to the Word of God and never to allow pride and the desire for self justification to cause one to declare that ones own sin weaknesses are not really sin and are ok..

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

18 minutes ago, Adstar said:

Any sinner who seeks to justify their sins after they are ""saved" reveal that they disagree with the Word of God that their sin is sin.... No one should ever seek to justify sin in their life.. So while a Homosexual can be forgiven their sins if they are repentant, Once they then go on and join a gay pride organization or join a false church that seeks to claim that homosexuality is acceptable they fall away from the truth.. Part of being saved is Believing Gods Word...  We must Believe Gods Word and have no resistance to it.. If we say we are followers of God we must accept the truth of God as revealed in His Holy Bible..

There are many areas in Biblical morality and teachings where different people seek to justify their thoughts and deeds that are against the standards of God.. In taking this path of resistance they disqualify themselves as being true followers of the Word Of God... 

We all sin we all have weaknesses in one area or another.. But the important thing is to have zero resistance to the Word of God and never to allow pride and the desire for self justification to cause one to declare that ones own sin weaknesses are not really sin and are ok..

I feel I do believe what you are saying it is just hard to accept sometimes I have family members who support him and make him feel what he is doing is ok. I am really trying to seek the Lord to see what He would have me do. I just don't want anything to come between this person and me he is my brother and we are very close. I am not allowed to witness or make him feel he is doing anything wrong. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

Just now, Pencil24 said:

I feel I do believe what you are saying it is just hard to accept sometimes I have family members who support him and make him feel what he is doing is ok. I am really trying to seek the Lord to see what He would have me do. I just don't want anything to come between this person and me he is my brother and we are very close. I am not allowed to witness or make him feel he is doing anything wrong. 

All you can do is patiently try to give him the message of God.. Your family members who are seeking to make him feel justified in his sin are actually doing something very evil.. They are leading him to death out of a twisted, distorted sense of love..  Since you are very close to Him maybe if you approach him alone and prep Him by saying you have a very important thing to say to him and you explain the Way of salvation through the LORD Jesus Christ .. That being by being forgiven our sins through the Atonement Jesus secured on the cross.. You can then let him know that the act of homosexuality is sin that is in need of the atonement of the LORD Jesus Christ,, But that He must believe that Gods standards are true and good and thus He must never seek to justify His homosexuality but thank Jesus for the Atonement He died to secure for the forgiveness of his homosexual sins..

It is important to let him know that you love and care for him and want to be with him in eternity and that God loves him also and wants his eternal salvation.. Remain calm with a calm voice..

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Largely what Adstar said. When we sin, it's like we're shaking our fists at God and telling him that we know better, when truly, we don't. Clenched within those fists are thoughts and opinions, rather than the word of God, which they grasp and hold on to relentlessly so as to justify themselves, their actions, and their hearts. Perhaps all of our hearts and minds interfere with us, but the mark of a Christian is the fight against one's self, the ability to know our sin and regret it, to work towards correcting ourselves.

Quite often, you have families that feel strongly for a family member, and in doing so, do the unkind thing. One of my family members was a small town cop back in the day (I think it was my great grandfather, though i'm not sure). When he caught a teenager driving under the influence for the first time, rather than book them, he would often simply drive them home to their parents, and trust that the parents would punish the child. Would that kind of thing work today? Absolutely not. Even if the cop presented evidence of their incapacitated child, the parents would deny it; he's an angel, he would never do that, how dare you besmirch our son's good name. It is the same with a homosexual family member. They deny the wrongdoing because they don't wish to hurt their family, but in doing so, they encourage the behavior and thus allow the homosexual family member to hurt themselves far worse than if they had said, "no". They might not cotton to it, but it's far more kind than allowing them to proceed in their delusions.

As for your brother, all you can do is present the word of the Lord in a calm and polite manner and then i'd leave it at that rather than persisting too much. You can only open a door; whether they walk through it or not is of their own volition. I'd also try to make a point with your family, who seem intent on interfering. Following the truth means standing for that truth, despite what objections and negativities might arise from doing so.

I wish you luck, for it sounds like you're going to need it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67

On 11/11/2018 at 6:38 PM, Pencil24 said:

1) People who sin after salvation are still saved, yes.

2) Check this loved one's salvation, His new Father should be dealing with him holistically, including sexuality.

3) Christians who persist in homosexuality, suffer. Help your loved one to avoid suffering.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

For a long time I had a very hard problem with the sin of homosexuality, especially if it's true that their brains are different and there are naturally attracted to members of the same sex. Even so, God calls it a sin. We all have our burdens in this life. It's unfortunate our society puts so much emphasis on sex as if it's impossible to live without it. Our society makes sex sound like it's breathing, you have to do it or you will die. Therefore a gay person feels justified in engaging in gay sex. But sex isn't necessary to stay alive. We heterosexuals all hope and expect to be married someday. But suppose that's not part of God's plan for your life. Does that justify masturbation or fornication? Not according to the Bible. So even if an unmarried person slips up occasionally and has to relieve himself he has still committed a sin. Well, homosexuality is just like this. Both the gay and the unmarried person has to seek to live a chaste life. Anything else is sin. Thanks be to God He will forgive us but we need to confess the sexual transgression as sin. And then God being faithful does forgive us. 

----------------------------------------

Yesterday, I blundered upon a website about chastity.  Staying chaste is what my whole answer is about. It's sad that today chastity is almost a dirty word. Nevertheless, I lived most of my life being chaste but I always had to keep it a secret. Well we now have at least 1 site devoted to chastity and I want to give everyone the link. 

https://chastity.com/

Edited by JTC
Added more info

Good point. Chastity is what straight, abstinent people pursue, there is no "I cannot help acting out sexually" excuse for straights or gays. We are humans in God's image, and not mere animals.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

On 11/12/2018 at 7:38 AM, Pencil24 said:

I am wondering why people say that if you sin after salvation that it is ok but not if you are a homosexual.

No, not really. King David and Apostle Paul both committed murder, repented when confronted by God/Jesus, seek forgiveness from God, were saved from hell by the blood of Jesus Christ and thereafter they did not go and murder anymore or did not go and sin the same sin anymore or did not go out of their way to sin some more. Nevertheless, both King David and Apostle Paul or their family had to suffer the curses/punishments for their sins, even though God did not killed them on the spot. Remember, sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking have earthly consequences, eg convicted traffic offenders suffer fines and convicted robbers/rapists suffer imprisonment, and there is a 3-strikes law in the US. This is even though salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ alone and condemnation unto eternal hell is not by the breaking of the Law. IOW, once saved, "Go and sin no more, lest a worse thing comes upon you."(JOHN.5:14 & 8:11) And while suffering the "a worse thing comes upon you", the willful sinners may lose faith = lose salvation, eg by cursing God/Jesus and die.(JOB.2:9, 1TIMOTHY.4;1, REVELATION.22;14-15, 1COR.6;9-10, 1CORINTHIANS.5:5 & 11:30, 1JOHN.5:16-17)

So, those who are still sinning the sin of homosexuality(LEVITICUS.18:22) but want to become Christians who will be saved from hell by Jesus Christ, should repent, seek forgiveness from God and stop sinning the same sin of homosexuality no more. How.? First, they should start by reading ROMANS.1:18-32 which tells homosexuals to stop knowingly rebelling against the Almighty God the Creator and His holy laws/commandments and stop doing only what is right in their own eyes(= ownself as god = New Age philosophy)(cf DEUTERONOMY.12:8 & 13:18). If they do so, God will forgive them, remove His curse and change them back to normal heterosexuals. Similarly for others who commit willful sexual immoral sins, eg adultery, rape, fornication, prostitution, polygamy, incest, pedophilia, bestiality, etc.

Except for the no-longer-applicable sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit of God by falsely accusing Jesus Christ of performing miracles by having an unclean spirit or demon(MARK.3:28-30), there is no sin/evil-works/Law-breaking under the sun which cannot be forgiven by God through the blood of Jesus Christ for the sake of salvation. But afterwards(HEBREWS.10:26-31 & 6:4-8) ....... GO AND SIN the same sin NO MORE, LEST A WORSE THING COMES UPON YOU.

Of course, no fallen humans are perfect, not even Christians. So, even repentant and forgiven Christians may still commit other sins later on, especially unintentional ones, eg through negligence or mistakes or misunderstanding or etc, even though they no longer sin the same sins. And if they do sin, they will have to suffer the wages of their sins or reap what they sow. So, if anyone sins, esp  unintentionally, he/she should repent, seek forgiveness from God through the blood of Jesus Christ(1JOHN.2:1-2) and thereafter "go and sin the same sin no more, lest a worse thing comes upon you."

1CORINTHIANS.5:1-13 says that the unrepentant sexually immorals should be ostracized and excommunicated from the Church as a form of discipline.

Edited by discipler777

• 2 weeks later...

Let's not put the cart before the horse, though:

1) I tell homosexuals who are not saved to "get saved"

2) I tell them if they ask, "Your new Father will deal with your sexuality, too"

• Praise God! 1