WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,220
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - The charred remains of 14 more people have been found in and around a Northern California town overrun by flames from a massive wildfire, officials said on Saturday, raising the death toll to at least 23.

The Camp Fire burned down more than 6,700 homes and businesses in Paradise, more structures than any other California wildfire on record, and the death toll, which could still rise, also makes it one of the deadliest.

Only the Griffith Park Fire in 1933 and Tunnel Fire in 1991 have claimed more lives. [ Source: Reuters (Read More...) ]

The post Death toll rises in California as wildfires rage across state appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  949
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,515
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

8 hours ago, WorthyNewsBot said:

(Worthy News) - The charred remains of 14 more people have been found in and around a Northern California town overrun by flames from a massive wildfire, officials said on Saturday, raising the death toll to at least 23.

The Camp Fire burned down more than 6,700 homes and businesses in Paradise, more structures than any other California wildfire on record, and the death toll, which could still rise, also makes it one of the deadliest.

Only the Griffith Park Fire in 1933 and Tunnel Fire in 1991 have claimed more lives. [ Source: Reuters (Read More...) ]

The post Death toll rises in California as wildfires rage across state appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article

The death toll to civilians not fighting the fires is probably higher in this outbreak than any other cluster of Ca. fires. 1933 took the lives of fire fighters that had no training  but were put to work fighting the fires anyway. Current fires are taking lives of people how cannot flee fast enough to escape the raging flames approaching them.

I happened to be in the Hollywood area the night of the Bell-Air fire of 1961.  There is no way to comprehend how fast an entire hill can explode into two and three hundred foot tall flames until one has been there. I watched a flame burst occur below the observtory and then the whole hill all the way up to the observatory  just ignite at once. I had no idea how tall those flames were until I saw the black outline of the observatory at Griffith Park dwarfed under those flames.

It was just a terrifying sight, No way to outrun such a fire the hills act as chimneys just sucking the flames upward.  I suspect the estimates of how fast the flames are moving in the CA. fires of today  are just as impossible to outrun. if you are in it at best you are going to be baking hot, at worst you will be consumed-a  horrible thing, so sad. 

Edited by Neighbor