Pencil24

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Creation makes sense to me. How do you combine people that evolution is not accurate?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry that was a typo how to convince is what I wanted to say I find it difficult to backup the Bible sometimes 

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Pencil24 said:

Sorry that was a typo how to convince is what I wanted to say I find it difficult to backup the Bible sometimes 

You don't have to back up the Bible, really.  If you know what the Bible says, it is easily to defeat Evolution on a theological basis, particularly with liberal so-called "Christians" who keep trying to monkey around with the Bible "re-interpret" it make it fit their unregenerate minds.   

Theology, in the Bible, is interlocking.  The theology of creation is not at all separate from the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.   However Evolution is the anti-thesis of the Gospel and what it teaches.   The historicity of Adam as the first man on earth is vital to the theology of the New Testament in regard to sin and the need for salvation.

The unregenerate, ungodly will twist Genesis 1-11 into what they need for it to be in order to hold unbelief of the Bible.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

On 11/12/2018 at 5:21 PM, Pencil24 said:

You will find that most of the active participants here believe in a very literal interpretation of Genesis 1-3. I'm one of the few that believes that God's creation reveals abundant evidence supporting an ancient earth and evolution of life. Although I believe that God created through evolution, I do not believe in evolution as an explanation for life all by itself. 

These are the main theological points that I derive from Genesis 1-3:

* God is the one and only Creator.

* God sustains all He has created.

* God made mankind specially, and as a culmination of His creative work.

* God imbued mankind with the ability to commune with Him.

* Mankind chose their own way, instead of God's, and brought sin into the world.

* We are now all sinners and are in need of a Savior in order to re-establish that connection with God.

* God promised that the Savior would come.

Although these theological points differ very little (if at all) from someone that believes in an earth about 6,000 years old, many participants here tell me that I don't believe in God or the Bible since I believe in a more figurative interpretation of those chapters. I think the fact that our theological points are so similar indicates that our view of the creation timeline is of secondary importance, but again, that is not a common view here.

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, PepperS said:

I have never had the understanding that scripture rules out evolution.

God made Adam from the dust of the earth.  That's dirt.   Adam did not evolve from some other creature.   Adam was the first and only human until God created Eve out of the side of Adam.   Neither of them "evolved" from anything else.   Man is not a higher primate.

Man is a special creation, separate from the rest of the created order.  The Bible's presentation of man's origin makes it impossible for man to have evolved. 

But some don't believe the Bible and try to allegorize Genesis to justify their carnal, unregenerate, unchristian theories and beliefs.

The very wording of Genesis rules out evolution, and it is amazing that Atheists are more honest than some "Christians" are about that fact.  Atheists reject the Bible in deference to Evolution because the Bible is clearly incompatible with Evolution.  They have enough honesty and integrity to admit that Evolution is incompatible with the Bible, while some "Christians"  cannot muster up those virtues and so we have the lie called "theistic evolution."  

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, PepperS said:

I believe what the Bible says about the creation of man.

However, we do not know for sure other types of organic species did not go through evolutions. We do know that organisms can mutate. 

That's not how evolution works.   We can't simply make up our own versions of how Evolution might work.   Either you believe the theory or not.   We can't modify it or the Bible to make them compatible.  And that's the problem.   If Evolution is true, we would not have to edit, change, modify it to fit the Bible or vice versa.  If Evolution were true, neither Evolution or the Bible would have to be changed.  You would not have to allegorize the Bible to make it fit the Evolution theory.   The fact that people feel they need to make the Bible figurative, is strong evidence against the theory of Evolution and strong support for a literal interpretation of Genesis.

As for mutations...   Mutations don't create brand new species.   What we observe is changes within a species, bringing about a new version of the same animal/bug/bacteria/germ or whatever, we do not observe changes into another entirely different creature.   Going off of what we can intuitively observe, there are no creatures that ever evolved from one thing into something else entirely.

Guest shiloh357
14 minutes ago, PepperS said:

I don't know if I believe the theory or not. Now that  I think about it, I'm not sure I care. God can do what he wants, how he wants. He created everything and his methods are his business.

It's not that simple.   All of the major doctrines of Scripture including Gospel, have their origin either directly or indirectly in the first three chapters of Genesis, but that only holds true if Genesis is literal history. 

It's more than just how God made things.  It sets a precedent for the authority of Scripture throughout the entire Bible.  If the Bible got it wrong in Genesis, it opens the rest of the Bible to being full of error and untrustworthy, as well.

10 hours ago, PepperS said:

I don't know if I believe the theory or not. Now that  I think about it, I'm not sure I care. God can do what he wants, how he wants. He created everything and his methods are his business.

Although I do accept the science of evolution, I think you've hit on a very important point. What we believe about how God created or the timeline He used is absolutely of secondary importance to how He calls us to live our lives today. Many Christians today are unable to distinguish between opinion and fact and anything that differs from their accepted opinion becomes a "lie". Instead of looking at the central doctrinal beliefs they share with other Christians, they focus on the differences of lesser importance and actively sow discord within the body of Christ.

As an example, you've probably noticed how no one actually addressed the central theological points that I raised earlier:

* God is the one and only Creator.

* God sustains all He has created.

* God made mankind specially, and as a culmination of His creative work.

* God imbued mankind with the ability to commune with Him.

* Mankind chose their own way, instead of God's, and brought sin into the world.

* We are now all sinners and are in need of a Savior in order to re-establish that connection with God.

* God promised that the Savior would come.

Instead, they prefer to ignore what we have in common and make completely unsubstantiated claims of "dishonesty" toward anyone that believes differently about lesser issues.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,058
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

56 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

Although I do accept the science of evolution, I think you've hit on a very important point. What we believe about how God created or the timeline He used is absolutely of secondary importance to how He calls us to live our lives today. Many Christians today are unable to distinguish between opinion and fact and anything that differs from their accepted opinion becomes a "lie". Instead of looking at the central doctrinal beliefs they share with other Christians, they focus on the differences of lesser importance and actively sow discord within the body of Christ.

As an example, you've probably noticed how no one actually addressed the central theological points that I raised earlier:

Instead, they prefer to ignore what we have in common and make completely unsubstantiated claims of "dishonesty" toward anyone that believes differently about lesser issues.

The grammar of Genesis alone is ignored by evolutionist and when placed next to what Jesus has said about the written text

Matt 5:18

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
KJV

This being crucial to understand of what spirit the evolutionist draw from!

2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The grammar of Genesis alone is ignored by evolutionist and when placed next to what Jesus has said about the written text

Matt 5:18

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
KJV

This being crucial to understand of what spirit the evolutionist draw from!

You are attempting to make this verse mean something it does not. Otherwise, you would be forced to believe in a flat earth with four corners.

Also, please feel free to address my theological points that I draw from Genesis. Where am I wrong, and what am I missing? Otherwise,