• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

No! I have no part with evolution precepts … or the god of evolution. In essence you are asking me to give up the greatest commandment to accomplish the second greatest commandment
and no this I will not do!

I think you mistook me. I am certainly not asking you to change your view on Genesis. What I am asking is, can you accept kinship between you and I in Jesus Christ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

3 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I think you mistook me. I am certainly not asking you to change your view on Genesis. What I am asking is, can you accept kinship between you and I in Jesus Christ?

And I answered this … NO your god of evolution is not The God of The Bible! Jesus did not make the doctrine of demons His Own... I realize this seems harsh but it is dealing with The very Character of God and His Word and there can be no compromise as first illustrated by God
( in Actual event)

Gen 3:1-5

3 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
KJV

it wasn't a matter of compromise then and it is not now... there are no tokens for close in the identification of Who God 'IS'! After all satan wants the title or have you forgotten that?

11 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

And I answered this … NO your god of evolution is not The God of The Bible! Jesus did not make the doctrine of demons His Own... I realize this seems harsh but it is dealing with The very Character of God and His Word and there can be no compromise as first illustrated by God
( in Actual event)

That's an interesting opinion since the requirements for salvation are clearly stated in the New Testament in numerous places, none of which include a belief in 144-hour creation. In any case, I know for a certainty that I will spend eternity with my Heavenly Father and hope to see you there.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,036
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

That's an interesting opinion since the requirements for salvation are clearly stated in the New Testament in numerous places, none of which include a belief in 144-hour creation. In any case, I know for a certainty that I will spend eternity with my Heavenly Father and hope to see you there.

Someone who does not uphold God's Word does not uphold The Christ of The New Testament...

John 5:43-47

43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.

47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?
KJV

7 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

It is the mindset that Enoob is getting at. Some apply rather liberal interpretation to the word of God and it also spills over into their ideologies about many things. 

We know by scripture that one characteristic of those reborn in Christ is a renewed mind.  Was Christ a liberal or did he say that FEW would take the narrow path?

Adding to the word to hug those hypothesis in the world puts one on a slippery slope.

Edited by 1sheep

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

20 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

liberal interpretation

A liberal interpretation means interpretation agreeing to what the reader believes the author reasonably intended. But, a liberal interpretation does not necessarily mean an interpretation that would accomplish a change in former practice.

32 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

Some apply rather liberal interpretation to the word of God and it also spills over into their ideologies about many things. 

I truly understand the hesitation, since I was a young earth creationist for much of my life, as well. I couldn't get Enoob to address the core theological points that I derive from Genesis 1-3. Would you mind checking them out and telling me what is missing or what I have wrong?

* God is the one and only Creator.

* God sustains all He has created.

* God made mankind specially, and as a culmination of His creative work.

* God imbued mankind with the ability to commune with Him.

* Mankind chose their own way, instead of God's, and brought sin into the world.

* We are now all sinners and are in need of a Savior in order to re-establish that connection with God.

* God promised that the Savior would come.

11 minutes ago, one.opinion said:

I truly understand the hesitation, since I was a young earth creationist for much of my life, as well. I couldn't get Enoob to address the core theological points that I derive from Genesis 1-3. Would you mind checking them out and telling me what is missing or what I have wrong?

* God is the one and only Creator.

* God sustains all He has created.

* God made mankind specially, and as a culmination of His creative work.

* God imbued mankind with the ability to commune with Him.

* Mankind chose their own way, instead of God's, and brought sin into the world.

* We are now all sinners and are in need of a Savior in order to re-establish that connection with God.

* God promised that the Savior would come.

God doesnt sustain all he has created. God Is sovereign over all he created thus many will be doomed to his wrath. 

Those doomed for wrath are those who have created another jesus in their minds and have rewritten parts of the bible to fit into their deceived minds. 

Evolution is Not taught by the triune God of the Living Word.

2 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

God doesnt sustain all he has created. God Is sovereign over all he created thus many will be doomed to his wrath. 

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe sustain isn't the best word choice, since there will be many that are doomed. I was thinking of Colossians 1 and how it describes creation:

16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. 17 And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Do you have a suggestion on how I could word that thought better?

17 hours ago, PepperS said:

I was with you until your last sentence. This post had nothing to do with evolution. Just core Christian beliefs.

The conversation seems to have quickly withered on the thread, but I'd be happy to explain my views further, if you are interested.