• Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,743
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, shiloh357 said:

And what?

Well, you tell me.

Is being different and unique something of value? You mentioned it several times, so I expect that you did that for a reason.

Which is....?

:) siegi :)

Guest shiloh357
1 minute ago, siegi91 said:

Well, you tell me.

Is being different and unique something of value? You mentioned it several times, so I expect that you did that for a reason.

Which is....?

:) siegi :)

It is of immense value because your eternal destiny is at stake.  And the Bible speaks to that issue in a way that no other religion or religious text does. It speaks to you of your Creator who gave His life to redeem you from Hell and from death and His desire to live in relationship and fellowship with you for all eternity.  

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  12

6 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

It is of immense value because your eternal destiny is at stake.  And the Bible speaks to that issue in a way that no other religion or religious text does. It speaks to you of your Creator who gave His life to redeem you from Hell and from death and His desire to live in relationship and fellowship with you for all eternity.  

And your evidence for that is? The fact that no other religious text does that? :)

I can make up in no time a doctrine that no other religious text has. It is not difficult at all.

:) siegi :)

Edited by siegi91

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, siegi91 said:

And your evidence for that is? The fact that no other religious text does that? :)

They don't.   Buddhism has no deity, no theology of creation or redemption.   Islam has no theology of redemption, neither does Hinduism.   Judaism's path to heaven depends on your performing well enough to deserve it.  

Only Christianity has a God who not only created us, but loved us enough to provide a plan of redemption for us after we were separated from Him because of our sin.   And no other text teaches a resurrected Savior who conquered death and offers us eternal life solely on the basis of grace.

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

They don't.   Buddhism has no deity, no theology of creation or redemption.   Islam has no theology of redemption, neither does Hinduism.   Judaism's path to heaven depends on your performing well enough to deserve it.  

Only Christianity has a God who not only created us, but loved us enough to provide a plan of redemption for us after we were separated from Him because of our sin.   And no other text teaches a resurrected Savior who conquered death and offers us eternal life solely on the basis of grace.

Well, then I have to repeat my question again.

And?

Guest shiloh357
Just now, siegi91 said:

Well, then I have to repeat my question again.

And?

And what?  I answered the question.  I am not sure what you're asking for?

Just now, shiloh357 said:

And what?  I answered the question.  I am not sure what you're asking for?

I am not asking anything. I simply not see why having a different theology, with a loving god, a salvation plan, a god that died, resurrected, whatever you think is so peculiar in your religion, adds anything at all to its plausibility.

What is that?

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, siegi91 said:

I am not asking anything. I simply not see why having a different theology, with a loving god, a salvation plan, a god that died, resurrected, whatever you think is so peculiar in your religion, adds anything at all to its plausibility.

What is that?

Again, I never said it added to the plausibility.   You need to work on  responding to what I said, instead of responding to arguments I never raised.   

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

Again, I never said it added to the plausibility.   You need to work on  responding to what I said, instead of responding to arguments I never raised.   

Ok, point taken,

That will lead us back to the evidence you have. Which is? A book? Please don't tell me it is because Christianity is so peculiar LOL

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, siegi91 said:

Fair enough.

Christianity is unlikely anything else. It is absolutely unique and cannot be equated to any other religion.

And?

marvel not,   no man can come to ME unless the Father draws Him.

OH how often I would have gathered  you only You would not .

And why .

What is the real reason that many will not Come to Christ .

Because men love darkness , sin , MORE than the Light .   Unless their evil be reproved .

I should know ,  I was one of the worst .  When folks told me I needed Christ ,   I would feel a conviction , BUT I WANTED to live MY LIFE and have my Sin .

Thank GOD for HIS wonderous mercy ,  for indeed one day , HE just drew me out and led me to Christ and my whole heart was changed .

IF you want to learn to bake a cake , you go where .  To a baker .

IF you REALLY wanted to KNOW ,  then why keep fighting against us who are only trying to help you .