• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,240
  • Content Per Day:  2.11
  • Days Won:  4

23 minutes ago, 1sheep said:

Your understanding about MANY BIBLICAL TRUTHS is CONTRARY to truth. That is why.

Fantastic, please prove my many errors.

Actually, never mind... Proverbs 26:4 suggests I probably shouldn't start into this can of worms.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Uber Genius said:

External evidence test has to do with archeological and historical facts such as Luke's specification of censuses, names of procouncils, and other Roman prefects, existence of towns, cities, architectural features that were known to exist mid-first century. 

But it speaks to internal credibility of the text and its reliability in the areas where it can be tested.   In that regard, fulfilled prophecy, which can be historically verified also speaks to that, as well.

External evidence bolster's the internal reliability of the text.  Internal evidence is found in the minute details of the text of Scriptures as it demonstrates an advanced level of knowledge in many areas that was not readily known during the time that the biblical accounts take place.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  0

21 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

But it speaks to internal credibility of the text and its reliability in the areas where it can be tested.

Yep. Internal, External,  and Bibliographical tests all intersect in terms of proving reliability of a historical text.  They just differ in method and content. So the same text has a theme, and some historical details that may be corroborated outside the text, as soon as one looks outside the text for corroboration it is External. But when says what are the chances that forty authors writing about numerous controversial issues have a high degree of cohesion or agreement even throw the authors span many cultures and as much as 1500 years we see reliability. But we only examined data within the text to provide premises in support of reliability of the Bible, so that analysis would be Internal.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

22 hours ago, 1sheep said:

Your understanding about MANY BIBLICAL TRUTHS is CONTRARY to truth. That is why.

This is not helpful. It is just condescending. 

Please help by specifying exactly where the logic errors or systematic theology errors are and save the pedantics for the New Atheists and their ilk. 

Guest shiloh357
1 hour ago, Uber Genius said:

Yep. Internal, External,  and Bibliographical tests all intersect in terms of proving reliability of a historical text. 

Exactly my point.

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

On 11/15/2018 at 9:56 PM, one.opinion said:

Although I do accept the science of evolution, I think you've hit on a very important point. What we believe about how God created or the timeline He used is absolutely of secondary importance to how He calls us to live our lives today. Many Christians today are unable to distinguish between opinion and fact and anything that differs from their accepted opinion becomes a "lie". Instead of looking at the central doctrinal beliefs they share with other Christians, they focus on the differences of lesser importance and actively sow discord within the body of Christ.

As an example, you've probably noticed how no one actually addressed the central theological points that I raised earlier:

I'll have to disagree with you, it is a very important subject. Evolution is a theory to diminish God power & authority & satin loves i. Look at what it has created around the world since it raised its head. God says he created ALL THINGS COL 1:16-17.  not some things.

28 minutes ago, Riccardo said:

Evolution is a theory to diminish God power & authority & satin loves i.

Evolution is a theory, supported by multiple lines of scientific evidence, that attempts to explain the patterns of life on earth we see today. It is limited to our observations and cannot tell us anything about the supernatural. Science cannot diminish God's power or authority.

30 minutes ago, Riccardo said:

God says he created ALL THINGS COL 1:16-17.

I agree, I just believe that God created through evolution over a very long period of time. God orchestrated all things, including life as we see it, down to the tiniest of subatomic particles.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Seventh Day Adventist
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  281
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

2 hours ago, one.opinion said:

Evolution is a theory, supported by multiple lines of scientific evidence

So you don't believe the bible account of a 6 day creation then. Evening & morning was the firs day, Yom is the Hebrew word used the meaning is a 24 hour period. 

It is also a theory that is not supported by other branches of science.  

Life comes from life, non living matter just doesn't all of a sudden become living. 

A theory is just that a theory, it is yet to be proven. I'll stick to God thanks, & the mathematical probability of all the bible prophesies being fulfilled.   

6 minutes ago, Riccardo said:

Yom is the Hebrew word used the meaning is a 24 hour period. 

The word yom is flexible and can mean more than a 24 hour period. Regardless, the face-value meaning may not necessarily be what is being conveyed.

9 minutes ago, Riccardo said:

It is also a theory that is not supported by other branches of science.

Geology and astronomy strongly support the concept of an ancient earth, rather than just a few thousand years old. Additionally, what I said was there are "multiple lines of evidence". Paleontology, anatomy, biogeography, and genetics all support the concept of life development over very long periods.

11 minutes ago, Riccardo said:

Life comes from life, non living matter just doesn't all of a sudden become living. 

That is certainly true, but if God created it, then this becomes a moot point.

12 minutes ago, Riccardo said:

I'll stick to God

I think you may be misunderstanding my point of view. Again, I believe evolution is a tool of God's, not a creative entity in itself. The consistent record of Biblical prophecy coming true strongly supports the authenticity and divine inspiration of the Bible, but this does not contradict my beliefs about the Bible in any way.