• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,446
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, discipler777 said:

MARK.3:28-30 (NKJV) = The Unpardonable Sin

28 “Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; 29 but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation”— 30 because they said, “He has an unclean spirit.”

In the proper context, the unpardonable sin only applied to the Pharisees who had falsely accused the Person, Jesus Christ, of having an unclean spirit when He was performing miracles, signs and wonders by having the power of the Holy Spirit of God in Him. It does not apply to people today since Jesus Christ is no longer physically present on earth performing miracles, signs and wonders. Do the "Woes to the Scribes and Pharisees" of MATTHEW.23 also apply to people today.?

If murderers like David and Paul could be saved from hell by Jesus Christ through repentance and faith, I don't see why someone who has sold his/her soul to Satan cannot be saved from hell by Jesus Christ if God so wills it. IOW, no one today is unsaveable, but this will no longer apply at the 2nd Coming of Jesus Christ to earth.

I think I would have to agree with your above explanation, thank you.

I had questions myself on exactly what the unpardonable sin was and whom it applied to? After much study, research, discernment and prayer; I came to the same exact understanding as you explained. Therefore, it stands to reason from scripture, "ALL" sins may be forgiven except for the unpardonable one. 

Now that I've thought it over more, I do remember seeing personal testimonies of people that were involved in satanic cults, and came out of them and accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as their own personal Lord and Savior. I think my question is now cleared up...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,446
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

5 hours ago, eileenhat said:

There is theory versus what is occurring in people.

I agree with everything people are stating here theory wise.  They were my theories too....as in past tense.  But God began turning back the veil for me 7 years ago and so I forge forward, explaining what is happening.

So what is going on actually in our reality right now, in our homes, in our society?

First, I can state there is an exception regarding exactly what happens to sinners bodies (but not souls).  Just the one exception, for people with lost souls.  It has to do with the last 3 1/2 years of trial called Jacob's troubles.  There is a first judgement of souls brought up in Revelation 3 where every church is judged and only those in the Church of philadelphia are saved.

But the issue with this church judgement is two fold.  The definition of the word church for example, that I have given, is not yet viewed as correct by others.  I am not quite clear how they understand what a church is because it remains a mystery that only God can reveal and not man.

That still does not stop however people judging they have the right answer, without God's input.

The other issue is what occurs with the first judgement of souls.  There are the ideas of a pre, mid or post rapture ideas to contend with.  Putting those aside, there is the very real issue that the formation of a temple for God on earth has also beem mistranslated as people are usually informed that means a physical temple versus a purely spiritual temple.  Further, putting that aside, because I have covered all this before and can not here now (welcome to pm me about), the truth is the first judgement is only a soul judgement.

So to answer your question, those hollywood sinner' souls have already been judged.  It already happened.  Those American bred idols in Hollywood already were judged and their souls cast into the lake of fire.  Witnessed it happening myself, in vision form.  Did youtube video about etc.

So....the question should be, what happens to their mortal form post soul judgement?  And how can a person with no soul stay mortal?  I have ideas about that and God has told me but they are very new concepts I am still understanding (so can only answer about this more privately).  So mysteries still exist, but how can you get any answers if people are still lost in their ideas learned from the past?

In the meantime, watch the skies.

Well eileenhat, I'm not disparaging you or going to argue or debate your personal biblical hermeneutic views. But it seems our biblical views are a great divide apart and I wouldn't know where to begin anyway?

God Bless

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

12 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Then my thoughts drifted to when the Lord calls me home; having had the time and opportunity to confess those sins and repent from them, that I didn't get around to asking forgiveness for. My thought process is; with a humble and confessing heart, if you don't ask and repent, you don't receive the forgiveness of those un confessed sins? That's how I was trying to explain my question; where are those unconfessed sins when we're called home?

Hello Dennis, I really enjoyed your story of the man on the Titanic, and understand better where you are coming from. I also have some concern as to being ready when called home. I think I have a weird and different understanding about confessing sin. God says to confess my  sin. I do not remember anywhere the scripture says to ask forgiveness, or to say your sorry. Though I often whisper for God to be merciful to me, a sinner. Could be I simply have not came across the scripture, or remember it. To ask forgiveness seems to me like doubting what Jesus has already done, on the cross. And I cannot force emotions, or try to con God by saying I'm sorry, when he says 'who can know their heart' and the heart is despicably wicked, and I know my flesh is not sorry, only my grieving spirit. I mostly feel foolish/shamed for not hitting His mark, after so many lessons taught by my caring faithful Father. But the scripture does say to confess them, agree with our creator, that I need to have a better aim, and practice more, and learn the the more better way to raise my "marksmanship," and hit, not keep missing, His mark. "Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not.............miss..............................
I have passed the three score and ten age promised, and am doing my weak-best to be prepared. I believe most of us, or myself anyway, fear when entering God's presence, and will shamefully think  "if I had only known",  What I could have done.
And what He has done, anyway, for me.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

15 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Rereading my post I see I could even confuse myself... I didn't mean or imply it to say we don't go to Heaven or are not saved with un confessed sin. You're absolutely right in your statement, no debate on that here. 

When I was writing my above post, I had a picture in my mind of a true story. To paraphrase as I remember it; a man was standing leaning over the rail on the Titanic as it was doomed and sinking. A passenger (or crewman) noticed him and his calm and serine demeanor and went over and talked to him briefly. The man stated he was at peace with the Lord and confessed up (or something similar) and was ready for his fate. This gentleman was permitted the time and opportunity to make things right with the Lord and pray and ask forgiveness for any sin(s) he may have recently committed that he had not previously confessed and asked forgiveness. 

Then I thought about myself as the example. Sometimes I get to lazy for lack of a better description; and may go a period of time before I get around to confessing my sins and earnestly asking the Lord to forgive them. Yes I know, my bad and one of the inexcusable faults I have as a Christian that will be brought to my attention one day. 

Then my thoughts drifted to when the Lord calls me home; having had the time and opportunity to confess those sins and repent from them, that I didn't get around to asking forgiveness for. My thought process is; with a humble and confessing heart, if you don't ask and repent, you don't receive the forgiveness of those un confessed sins? That's how I was trying to explain my question; where are those unconfessed sins when we're called home?

Where are those unconfessed sins? They are with all the other sins of the world that Jesus took away. They were nailed to a Cross 2000 years ago.Jesus was “ the sufficient payment for sin” . Every sin ever to be committed. A “ one time sacrifice”. We are not saved by the timely and opportune repentance that you mention.That is what I call “ lucky repentance”. The Blood Sacrifice is not adequate alone to save. We have to believe the Gospel AND keep out repentance ledgers up to date or we are damned.Pity the man that cursed after a car wreck and did not have time to repent before he died. If that man believed that Jesus died for his sins and the Shed Blood was the ONLY hope for his salvation , his sins were covered at his death. Nothing but the Blood.Those That do not get a lucky repentance are safe if they believe the Gospel plus nothing saves. The one who is actually in danger is the man who does not really believe that Jesus died for his sins.When one believes that Jesus saves, BUT you gotta repent to “ stay” saved have added to the Gospel and the death of Christ has no effect. They have fallen from Grace and according to Paul are accursed.As a saved Believer, I repent every day to restore fellowship with God . I am already forgiven .I am forgiven because I repented ( changed my mind) from unbelief in Jesus and Him only for Salvation to believing that Faith in the Shed Blood Of Jesus was the ONLY thing that can save me.Check out the lyrics to the old song “ Nothing But The Blood”—- it contains everything one needs to know about Salvation.Nothing about a “ timely,fortunate repentance”to be found in it.Faith plus nothing for Salvation.Its a free gift to those that do not work for it.

It

Ity

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

9 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

I think I have a weird and different understanding about confessing sin. God says to confess my  sin. I do not remember anywhere the scripture says to ask forgiveness, or to say your sorry. Though I often whisper for God to be merciful to me, a sinner. Could be I simply have not came across the scripture, or remember it. To ask forgiveness seems to me like doubting what Jesus has already done, on the cross. And I cannot force emotions, or try to con God by saying I'm sorry, when he says 'who can know their heart' and the heart is despicably wicked, and I know my flesh is not sorry, only my grieving spirit. I mostly feel foolish/shamed for not hitting His mark, after so many lessons taught by my caring faithful Father. But the scripture does say to confess them, agree with our creator, that I need to have a better aim, and practice more, and learn the the more better way to raise my "marksmanship," and hit, not keep missing, His mark. "Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not.............miss..............................
I have passed the three score and ten age promised, and am doing my weak-best to be prepared. I believe most of us, or myself anyway, fear when entering God's presence, and will shamefully think  "if I had only known",  What I could have done.
And what He has done, anyway, for me.

Gary, Your post disturbs me. You don't ask God for forgiveness because you aren't really sorry you sinned against God? Or did I misunderstand you. This sounds like how the License to Sin attitude came about that was so popular 35 yrs ago. God says to pray always and about everything. He wants to hear from you. If your best friend stole a dollar and then gave it back don't you still want to hear him say he's sorry, I do. This is one reason confession is a good idea it keeps us aware of our sins. I'd have to look up where God says He wants us to ask for forgiveness but It would be better if you do that. I already know it. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,243
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

1 hour ago, JTC said:

Gary, Your post disturbs me. You don't ask God for forgiveness because you aren't really sorry you sinned against God? Or did I misunderstand you. This sounds like how the License to Sin attitude came about that was so popular 35 yrs ago. God says to pray always and about everything. He wants to hear from you. If your best friend stole a dollar and then gave it back don't you still want to hear him say he's sorry, I do. This is one reason confession is a good idea it keeps us aware of our sins. I'd have to look up where God says He wants us to ask for forgiveness but It would be better if you do that. I already know it. 

JTC: You don't ask God for forgiveness because you aren't really sorry you sinned against God? Or did I misunderstand you.
0: Never said that. I have to assume you misunderstood  :)

JTC: "You don't ask God for forgiveness because you aren't really sorry you sinned against God?"
1st, I do not ask God's forgiveness because He has already forgiven me from all sin, past, present, and future.
JTC: 
"because you aren't really sorry you sinned against God?" 
2nd: Do I feel sorrow, yes. Do I grieve, of coarse. Really! More about shame and regret. For not aiming better....
JTC:
"sounds like how the License to Sin attitude came about that was so popular 35 yrs ago"
3rd: Aww, come on JTC, you really believe that?  Saying I'm sorry over and over and over for the same sin really doesn't mean much. To OBEY is better than sacrifice!!  But not just telling God I'm sorry again. A lost person entering the flames of hell screaming how sorry he is to God won't lower the temperature one degree. Nor does someone telling Him they're sorry for not believing in Jesus. Action-obedience. not sorrow.
JTC: God says to pray always and about everything. He wants to hear from you. 
4th:  I do. That's a favorite verse. And, so I talk about missing His marks. Like a student listening to his mentor, or teacher. He says to; Hide His word in my heart so I don't miss so often, but less and less.  Emotions are not as effective as action. Obedience is whats counts. (Not more sorrow for continual messing up)
JTC
: If your best friend stole a dollar and then gave it back don't you still want to hear him say he's sorry, I do.
5th: I would want what was stole returned first, moral ACTION.  The apology is a bonus. The apology, without returning the dollar would not have a significant meaning. Continual actions against me by this guy, and all the apology's would mean nothing. To me. But God says to forgive him, 70x7 times. No problem. (He probably would not be my best friend, but that wouldn't matter)
JTC:  
This is one reason confession is a good idea it keeps us aware of our sins.
6th:  This is the biggie! Not just keeping me aware, but reminding myself to think, what went wrong? Did I forget to aim for His target He set? Was I not paying attention, when the temptation came? Did I simply allow my body/emotions control my aim?
I confess all day long, JTC.  simply saying "that was sin' or "hold on, that will be sin" or "thank you Lord, for reminding me of your target"...etc.     I press on, examining my thought life,  trying to be more alert. Not just more sorrowful.
JTC: 
I'd have to look up where God says He wants us to ask for forgiveness but It would be better if you do that. I already know it. 
8:  Well, I went back and did look more, and questioned my wife and daughter, and another bible teacher. They both said like you, that they thought "we should say we are sorry for sinning". I ask for scripture and verse. So far, nothing. So as you said above you already know it, I would appreciate the courtesy of showing me with the scripture. Or anyone else if they know the verse or verses. Originally, if you would review my post, I was referring to not saying "I'm sorry" to God when I sin. But also, I do not ask God to forgive my sins that He has said He has already forgiven. That fact, or 'truth',  is well embedded in my mind, and not taken lightly.

1 Samuel 15:22 “And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.”

Proverbs 28:13 Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy.

Colossians 2:13  And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,

Hebrews 8:12  For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.

Acts 2:38 And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

1 John 2:1-29 My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world.

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace,

Acts 10:43  "To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/12/2018 at 10:03 AM, Dennis1209 said:

No doubt this topic has been discussed before, but I didn't find it and don't ever remember anything specific pertaining to my question.

Matthew 12:31 (KJV) Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

I asked a question in another thread and only received one response. Bear with me, I'll eventually get to my point and question. 

I'm seeing more and more celebrities, stars, famous musicians and actors come out of the closet so to speak; stating by their own mouth they 'sold their very own soul' to the Devil for fame, wealth, glory, power and celebrity status. Another thing I've become aware of and started paying attention to in photos, interviews, etc. with many celebrities; is that if you look closely, you may see some sort of occult / Satanic symbol, tattoo's or jewelry they're wearing. It's even on TV programs you may not even suspect such as "Pit bulls and Parolees". 

In addition to the Lords Holiness and other perfect attributes, He is also legalistic, would you agree with that? He gave the Law, ordained nations and governments, covenants (contracts) etc. 

Say if someone were to sell something precious; like their own son into slavery for a set price, because they wanted or needed money more than their child, or for whatever reason. Then had a change of mind / heart and decided he wanted their son back. The purchaser maintaining his legal contract (not moral) would have nothing to do with it and kept the contract in force. 

Matthew 12:31 seems straight forward about there being only "one" unforgivable sin. Personally, I would correlate selling your very own soul to the Devil with receiving the "Mark of the Beast"?

So my question is:  If one voluntarily sells his or her own soul to Satan and has a change of heart down the road, after receiving payment / favor for that transaction, can that person still receive Grace and the saving faith in our Lord Jesus Christ? Or is he / she condemned to Hell for that transaction? My assumption would be that in both cases (selling your soul / receiving the Mark) would be blasphemy against the Holy Ghost, therefore unpardonable. What are your scriptural backed thoughts?

The apostle Paul addressed the topic in his epistle.. For a Christian adult comparative to the apostle Paul + the apostle John .. to decide to denounce and curse God .. is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. It's unpardonable because they have spurned the very means that saved them, and spurned a place for repentance.

Those who don't know God and sell themselves to the devil is comparative to being a sinner. It is pardonable because they are blinded by the god of this world. To them the light of salvation shines, there is a place for repentance.

Those who don't know God and take the mark of the beast are comparative to a sinner that is literally enslaving themselves to the antichrist - the devil incarnate. That could be unbreakable as far as them wanting to get free. So pardon is not wanted by them. They cannot have spurned what they don't know of. So imo it's not a blaspheme of the Holy Spirit.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

20 hours ago, Joulre2abba said:

So imo it's not a blaspheme of the Holy Spirit.

Dennis, I love you brother and I love our talks but Joul is right here. These dingbat celebrities don't know God. They heard of Him maybe some even believe He's real. (although I wouldn't bet a rotten apple on that) They did a terrible sin but IF they cry out to Jesus He can save them. But then they MUST stop sinning. You can't keep sinning after Jesus saves you. You must at least try your best not to. This is what the next reformation will be about. "Nuff Said" for now. (that quote is from Stan Lee who just died. Stan gave us the Fantastic Four, The Hulk, SpiderMan, Iron Man, The Avengers, the X-Men, Thor, Ant-man and the Wonderful Wasp, etc. etc. etc.) 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99

What is unconfessed sin? I don't find the word "unconfessed" in any of my English or French bibles, what I do find:

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

The Greek word for "confess" is "homologeō," that means to say the same thing, if I am confessing a sin I'm saying the same thing God is saying about sin, so, again I ask, what is an "unconfessed" sin, if we know our sin, or we know we have commited a sin it's because of the New Covenant:

...I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. Jer 31:33

As a born again child of God the Holy Spirit is living inside of us, as we mature in Christ through the different stages, baby, child, teenager and adult the Holy Spirit shines His Light on the particular thing in our lives He wants to work on depending on what stage we are in, being conformed into the image of our Lord, ...we don't teach trig to Kindergarteners and the Holy Spirit won't condemn one of His Blood bought children because He hasn't finished working on one area in their lives before He takes them home.  

Example: The baby of David and Bathsheba that died, David wrote he was conceived in sin, ...he was a sinner and died before he had the chance to confess any of his sins, but David was confident he was in Heaven.