IGNORED

How long was this planet here before life?

Faithbuilders

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1972

9 hours ago, maryjayne said:

I accept i may be completely wrong here but:

I thought the waters in the heavens came down during the flood, removing the protective canopy shielding us from certain rays from the sun, hence the dramatic shorting of lifespan?

That is the way it always seemed to me, see lightning cases ozone, so there most likely was a lot of lightning during the flood created the ozone layer we have today. Ozone also causes aging, that would also explain why people were not living as long after the flood.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

5 days....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  344
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,393
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, maryjayne said:

I accept i may be completely wrong here but:

I thought the waters in the heavens came down during the flood, removing the protective canopy shielding us from certain rays from the sun, hence the dramatic shorting of lifespan?

That's the view I hold maryjayne, and in addition to the radiation we have now shorting life spans and causing diseases...  The fossil record shows plants, animals and insects being huge before the flood. Is there a logical scientific explanation for longevity and mammoth sizes? Yes!

Many experiments have been done in hyperbaric type chambers and conclusively prove plant and animal life grows much more rapidly, much larger, is healthier, extends life cycles and rapidly speeds up healing and injury. By doubling oxygen levels and atmospheric pressures, wonderful things take place.  I'm not a scientist, but I've read an Earth canopy would produce these same effects.

It's a proven medical fact; a hyperbaric chamber is very effective for many, many illness's and diseases, much less just for the bends. My question would be; if medicine is serious about the best possible care and treatment of people with illness, disease and gross injuries... Why doesn't hospitals have a whole floor of hyperbaric chambers?

Reptiles and I believe fish never stop growing during their life times. If the above conditions are met, their lives would be greatly extended, and think how large a monitor lizard or crocodile would become? I even suspect humans would be much bigger than today?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

21 hours ago, Faithbuilders said:

Very basic math, proves the earth is around 8000 years old. The so-called carbon dating as been proven time, and time again to be inaccurate! Christian scientists have proven according to the oil in the earth, that the earth is between 8 - 10 thousand years old - what I figured out in grade 6! There is only one interpretation of Gen 1, Gods, He created the earth by his word in 6 days..... about 6000 years later Jesus was born..... about 2000 years later here we are discussing it!

Firstly, potassium-argon rather than carbon is how rocks are dated.

Secondly, your right they are only accurate to 50 million years and why scientific journals state 4.53-4.58 billion years.

Thirdly, https://goo.gl/images/YUwfN9

represents the math. Not exactly 6th grade.

Finally, "Snide and condescending," is how you want to approach this controversial and complex issue?

35 minutes ago, Uber Genius said:

Firstly, potassium-argon rather than carbon is how rocks are dated.

Secondly, your right they are only accurate to 50 million years and why scientific journals state 4.53-4.58 billion years.

It does not matter what the world says they are using, it has been proven time, and time again that they lie, and make stuff up (it sounds good, but can not be trusted) because they keep contradicting and proving there own theory wrong.

40 minutes ago, Uber Genius said:

represents the math. Not exactly 6th grade.

First, I was a head of my time in grade 6, in strategy and math, I had been studying the bible since I could read... Second my point is, that bible math is so simple that a child could do it! Third, as I said before, it was about 4 years later that Christian scientist had proven that the earth is only 8 - 10 thousand years old! So my "grade 6" math had proven to be accurate (more accurate than ungodly scientific lies)

46 minutes ago, Uber Genius said:

Finally, "Snide and condescending," is how you want to approach this controversial and complex issue?

??? Not sure what you are talking about here? Nothing I said is snide, or condescending - it is truth.

27 minutes ago, Faithbuilders said:

It does not matter what the world says they are using, it has been proven time, and time again that they lie, and make stuff up (it sounds good, but can not be trusted) because they keep contradicting and proving there own theory wrong

Please provide evidence supporting your claim. 

This is sounds like propaganda.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

I just would like to say. We will know it when we get there  Be patient ⏲️

33 minutes ago, Faithbuilders said:

??? Not sure what you are talking about here? Nothing I said is snide, or condescending - it is truth.

"Something I figured out in 6th grade."

snide
/snīd/
adjective
  1. 1. 
    derogatory or mocking in an indirect way.
    "snide remarks about my mother"
    synonyms:

disparagingderogatory, deprecating, denigratory, insultingcontemptuousdismissiveMore

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Uber Genius said:

"Something I figured out in 6th grade."

snide
/snīd/
adjective
  1. 1. 
    derogatory or mocking in an indirect way.
    "snide remarks about my mother"
    synonyms:

disparagingderogatory, deprecating, denigratory, insultingcontemptuousdismissiveMore

Exactly my point; I was saying a fact, nothing mocking in any way.

35 minutes ago, Faithbuilders said:

out 4 years later that Christian scientist had proven that the earth is only 8 - 10 thousand years old! So my "grade 6" math had proven to be accurate (more accurate than ungodly scientific lies)

So Christian scientist alone have proven YEC? But wait not even all Christian scientists, just the ones who don't hold jobs in universities doing science. We have plenty of Christian scientists who are in universities around the world who hold to an old earth and yet those Christians are "lying" as you put it. So we are to beleive their is a worldwide cabal that subsumes all Christian professors at universities who claim the earth is old?

This is a conspiracy theory no one can inform with evidence. I imagine similar theological conspiracies abound as well.

Since no one could engage you (even a Christian geologist) with evidence to change your view I will not engage any further. 

On on an unrelated note I still see you haven't provided any evidence in support of your claims.

• Thumbs Up 1