• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,204
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  4,329
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 

A Living Sacrifice

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

On 11/12/2018 at 2:06 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 

A Living Sacrifice

I see that verse as a re-statement of what Jesus taught.

• God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.  John 4:24
  • It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.  John 6:63

The words of Jesus are spirit, and God is worshiped when we subject our behavior to the life-giving words of Jesus.  Some versions translate "reasonable service" to include the word "worship" which I think is appropriate.

We can either live our lives serving ourselves, or we can determine to know and do the will of God.  It's an either / or proposition because no one can serve two masters.

• This is Worthy 1

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:11 AM, Last Daze said:

I see that verse as a re-statement of what Jesus taught.

• God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.  John 4:24
  • It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.  John 6:63

The words of Jesus are spirit, and God is worshiped when we subject our behavior to the life-giving words of Jesus.  Some versions translate "reasonable service" to include the word "worship" which I think is appropriate.

We can either live our lives serving ourselves, or we can determine to know and do the will of God.  It's an either / or proposition because no one can serve two masters.

The scripture that I used is Romans 12:1, not John 4:24, But as that scripture is about our bodies being A Living Sacrifice. Romans 12:1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/12/2018 at 3:06 PM, Walter and Deborah said:

A Living Sacrifice

Advice for those who have addictions, then?

• 1 month later...

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:37 AM, Billiards Ball said:

Whatever it is for a person to present your body as a living sacrifice to the Lord.

• 1 month later...

On 11/29/2018 at 5:37 AM, Billiards Ball said:

I Corinthians 6:18-20.

Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body. 19What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. Our body is a temple

I Corinthians 3:16-23

16 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? 17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

18 Do not deceive yourselves. If any of you think you are wise by the standards of this age, you should become “fools” so that you may become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness”[a]; 20 and again, “The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile.”[b] 21 So then, no more boasting about human leaders! All things are yours, 22 whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas[c] or the world or life or death or the present or the future—all are yours, 23 and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God.

Edited by Walter and Deborah
More info.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

I like to keep Romans 12:1 with 12:2

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

As our minds are renewed, having the mind of Christ, we will follow His ways and not the ways of the world and sin!

• This is Worthy 1

7 minutes ago, OneLight said:

I like to keep Romans 12:1 with 12:2

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service.  And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

As our minds are renewed, having the mind of Christ, we will follow His ways and not the ways of the world and sin!

Amen