Miracles

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Does anyone believe in the power of miracles? Care to share?

Edited by Thecross

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  235
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  09/20/1972

Very much so - those are the signs to the world that we serve a living God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Yes I believe in miracles, the Bible is full of them. I've even had things happen to me that might be called a minor miracle. Here are a few. For 10 yrs I was a Taxi driver and 1 company I worked for insisted we come in even if we were too sleepy. I had to go in and work it was the only way to pay the rent. I fell asleep while driving many times but something happened to always wake me up, even if it was in the nick of time. I knew God was watching over me. Of course I was working and I had no choice.

I also had a minor miracle happen 47 yrs ago in Florida. I went Scuba diving with my cousin and a friend we met down there. On this particular day the ocean was too rough for our little boat. I said no, we shouldn't go but the other 2 insisted so we went. We were about 2 miles out and we dove on a sunken yacht. We were fighting all the way out there and none of us made sure the boat was securely anchored. The ocean was so rough that day that nearly any other boats were out there. When we surfaced from the dive our boat was gone. There we were, 2 miles out in 6 ft seas with the tide going out and no other boats we could see. We started swimming towards shore but even after 1 hour we made little to no headway. We were all scared, in Florida a hungry shark is always a real possibility. Most likely we would have drowned. But after another hour a 42 ft boat who was out even further was coming in. One man was on their flying bridge and from up there he saw something shine. They were far away. The sunlight hit the chrome on 1 of our tanks and they saw it. So they cam to rescue us. We lived and I'm still here. I consider that a minor miracle.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

6 minutes ago, JTC said:

Yes I believe in miracles, the Bible is full of them. I've even had things happen to me that might be called a minor miracle. Here are a few. For 10 yrs I was a Taxi driver and 1 company I worked for insisted we come in even if we were too sleepy. I had to go in and work it was the only way to pay the rent. I fell asleep while driving many times but something happened to always wake me up, even if it was in the nick of time. I knew God was watching over me. Of course I was working and I had no choice.

I also had a minor miracle happen 47 yrs ago in Florida. I went Scuba diving with my cousin and a friend we met down there. On this particular day the ocean was too rough for our little boat. I said no, we shouldn't go but the other 2 insisted so we went. We were about 2 miles out and we dove on a sunken yacht. We were fighting all the way out there and none of us made sure the boat was securely anchored. The ocean was so rough that day that nearly any other boats were out there. When we surfaced from the dive our boat was gone. There we were, 2 miles out in 6 ft seas with the tide going out and no other boats we could see. We started swimming towards shore but even after 1 hour we made little to no headway. We were all scared, in Florida a hungry shark is always a real possibility. Most likely we would have drowned. But after another hour a 42 ft boat who was out even further was coming in. One man was on their flying bridge and from up there he saw something shine. They were far away. The sunlight hit the chrome on 1 of our tanks and they saw it. So they cam to rescue us. We lived and I'm still here. I consider that a minor miracle.  

You experienced Gods provision. Miracles cannot be explained rationally. 

There is a difference there really is! 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

@1sheep What i response. Can you stay more about that... I love the distinction. AMAZING!!

Edited by Thecross

1 minute ago, Thecross said:

@1sheep What i response. Can you stay more about that... I love the distinction. AMAZING!!

Example: Well there are times when maybe we will be delayed to go somewhere . We may not be able to find our keys or maybe we get a phone call we need to answer. It delays us 5 or 10 minutes from our routine.

Later we find out there was an accident on the route we would have traveled at the exact time we would have been there!  God protects his children. He is provisional.

There are no coincidences in a true follower of Christ' life! 

Gods is provisional more than we realize. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 11/14/2018 at 11:41 AM, JTC said:

That is a miracle, JTC....that in that empty, rough, huge ocean, that boat appeared and the man saw the small reflection of sunlight on one of the scuba tanks!  That is quite amazing.

• Thumbs Up 1