IGNORED

Is submission a bad word in marriage? Do you agree with this devotion?

bhforlife

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  61
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,072
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I do not agree with the Pentecostal beginning of early 1900's no! But I understand the spirit of it- as in time 'end of days' this must occur

Matt 24:24-26

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
KJV

therefore there must be a preparatory aspect for this... as we know since the early 1900's the Daniel identification has occurred

Dan 12:4

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
KJV

as there is no doubt of this being true so also the signs and miracle things should be of the persuasion during this time...

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,858
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

My pastor speaks on this once a year or every other year it seems. He always points out that when Paul commanded for husbands to love their wives and wives to submit to their husbands, that the same original text word is used for "love" and "submit" but is translated into those two words to help convey the chief needs of men and women. But in both cases, the Bible is clear that submission to one another, I.E. putting the other's needs and considerations first and foremost ahead of your own, is not only not bad, but is necessary. It's commanded, not suggested.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  275
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  5,208
  • Content Per Day:  1.00

1 hour ago, BK1110 said:

My pastor speaks on this once a year or every other year it seems. He always points out that when Paul commanded for husbands to love their wives and wives to submit to their husbands, that the same original text word is used for "love" and "submit" but is translated into those two words to help convey the chief needs of men and women. But in both cases, the Bible is clear that submission to one another, I.E. putting the other's needs and considerations first and foremost ahead of your own, is not only not bad, but is necessary. It's commanded, not suggested.

That's interesting, because they are not the same words. Agapao is the word used for love and Hupotasso is the word used for submit. They are definitely different words with different meanings.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

If a husband loves his wife with the intensity that Jesus loved the Church, why in the world would the wife not be submissive to her husband....    when the husband does not love his wife as Jesus did the Church I think she can just tell him to stick it in his ear when disagreements come up....    

• 5 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

On 11/13/2018 at 4:11 PM, other one said:

If a husband loves his wife with the intensity that Jesus loved the Church, why in the world would the wife not be submissive to her husband....    when the husband does not love his wife as Jesus did the Church I think she can just tell him to stick it in his ear when disagreements come up....    

Well, i heard that love is patient, kind, long sufferring, apt to listen, etc, love IS, in spite of anothers behavior. 

Im not sure a subjective standard should  be used for determining depth, or existence, of love.

Its certainly not love to tell ones most intimate partner to 'stick it in your ear'.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

14 hours ago, Diaste said:

Well, i heard that love is patient, kind, long sufferring, apt to listen, etc, love IS, in spite of anothers behavior. 

Im not sure a subjective standard should  be used for determining depth, or existence, of love.

Its certainly not love to tell ones most intimate partner to 'stick it in your ear'.

the Greek word that is used for love in this instance is the Greek word used for the Love that God loved us when ha agreed to die for us.....    it goes on to explain that we should love our wives as he loved the church.....    that's pretty determining from my viewpoint.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

My wife read "The Submissive Wife" and practices it. I also submit to her but in different ways. We've been married almost 21 years and it only grows stronger. 

Men and women are physiologically different. God designed them for different roles. Sure, they can both do most of the same things, but men do some things better and women do other things better. Also, men WANT to do the things they do better and women WANT to do the things they do better. 

When you feminize men and masculize women, they both end up being miserable. It's why feminists are always so testy.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 11/13/2018 at 4:14 PM, Steve_S said:

That's interesting, because they are not the same words. Agapao is the word used for love and Hupotasso is the word used for submit. They are definitely different words with different meanings.

You need to read it in the original French. :D

I'm with you on this. We have to test what pastors tell us from the pulpit, especially when they get into the weeds.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

Enjoyed the teaching. Thought it was spot-on. My Father-in-law once asked where that passage was that said a wife should submit to her husband (his wife was a gem and he was a (can't use the appropriate descripture here), I whispered to him that he didn't want to quote that verse because the context was that Husbands lead by serving their wives in as dramatic a fashion as Christ dying on the cross for our sins. He got the message, and since he was not about to start serving his wife, let the conversation die there. 

This is an easy message intellectually. Living it is difficult.